!!my BEST braidout EVER!! PICS

AuNaturalMaMa

So, I have been trying to PS more but I was helping host my nieces shower this weekend and I wanted to look presentable but be free from my bun this weekend so I decided to do a braid out. And by golly its been the best one I have ever done.
It started with me researching ACV........and led to wonderfulness!!

It was my wash day so I washed with the Tressemee Naturals (lower sulfate shampoo). Then I DC for 1 hour no heat with a cap with the ORS pack. Then I rinsed that out and did a final ACV rinse. OMG:lick::lick: I swear my hair was like silk and I had no tangles whatsoever.!!! :grin::grin::grin:

Then I parted my sections, used GIO DLI, braided and sealed only my ends with castor oil. I swear this was the best braidout results ever. It was so soft and shiny and THE BEST OF ALL IS MY ENDS JUST CULRED ON THEIR OWN. let me repeat MY ENDS CURLED ON THEIR OWN!!! WITH A BRAID OUT!!! NO RODS AT THE END!!! I am so happy about this I usually do not do braid out or twist outs because I cannot deal with the straight ends!! Or the rods fall out overnight, or I leave the ends unbraided/untwisted and they completely unravel. But they just curled......mwhahahah!

I really believe 100% that it was the ACV restoring my hair/closing the cuticle really well. It is the only thing that I did different with my hair since going natural today.

So cheers to ACV rinse and the best braid out ever.

PICS
ETA:: These are from this evening. I didnt get to take pics this morning.

IMG-20110625-00129.jpg

IMG-20110625-00121.jpg

MY CURLED ON THEIR OWN ENDS!! ABSOULTELY NO RODS OR ANYTHING!!

IMG-20110625-00127.jpg

IMG-20110625-00125.jpg

thanks!!

Thanks Ladies. Poohbear this may be usual for others but this was my first time them just doing that. If they continue I will love to do braidouts more often. I cannot get those rods to stay in my hair to save my life!!

Your hair looks fantastic! Please report back and let us know long it lasts. If you get some great hold time I just might need to try your products!

I was going to re-braid tonight but for experiment purposes, I will just sleep with a cap @ night and a little moisture during the day and reseal my ends. I usually co wash 2x a week so by Wed. I will probably have the urge to cw...so I see how well it holds up until then.

Thanks ladies. I'm waiting for DH to get home and see it. Then my night will be complete!

You are so funny!!
You're making think that I need to try this on my dd1. Her hair has stopped curling at the ends just as you explained.

Thanks Ladies. Poohbear this may be usual for others but this was my first time them just doing that. If they continue I will love to do braidouts more often. I cannot get those rods to stay in my hair to save my life!!

Yep @ it being usual for others. When I do braidouts, my hair comes out crinkly, not curly. If I want a curly braidout, I have to use rods. I have type 4a/b very tightly coiled and shrinky.

Do you know what you may have done differently that could have made your ends curl for the first time on their own?

Yep @ it being usual for others. When I do braidouts, my hair comes out crinkly, not curly. If I want a curly braidout, I have to use rods. I have type 4a/b very tightly coiled and shrinky.

Do you know what you may have done differently that could have made your ends curl for the first time on their own?[/QUO

Poohbear....the one and only thing I did differently was the ACV rinse. I have the same routine every wash day, which is about once a week. I did my braid out exactly the same as everytime.........the minute after I did the ACV rinse my curls were so poppin and smooth and tangle free. I really didnt even have to comb @ at before I did the braids.

Wow! ACV rinses here I come! (in back of my mind, thinks this may be the next entry in my natural hair disaster comedy blog...)

Mix it right or it will be a disaster! My sis did one on her DD a long time ago and burned the poor childs scalp(not serious burns just owwie mommy burns) she did it straight!!!! Agh!

Your braidout came out fabulous how long is your hair when straight

Last time I stretched it was like an inch away from BSL that was the end of may.

OH and for those who wanted an update it will NOT BE HAPPENING!!! :ohwell:

Why?

The DH left the shower head up and so when I went to take a shower last night I leaned in and turned the water to adjust like usual and soon as i did COLD WATER JUST CAME ALL OUT THE SHOWER HEAD ON MY HEAD!!!!! I was so pissed!! He used to do this all the time in our old place until I gave him a good tounge thrashing about it and hadn't had a problem with it until the other night. So I just went ahead and co washed and just have a bun in now!!! This is not over.........

I didn't rebraid I was just sleeping in a cap @ it did get smushed and a little frizzy so I would reccomend rebraiding everynight......Still mad about the shower.................

Do you know what you may have done differently that could have made your ends curl for the first time on their own?

Poohbear....the one and only thing I did differently was the ACV rinse. I have the same routine every wash day, which is about once a week. I did my braid out exactly the same as everytime.........the minute after I did the ACV rinse my curls were so poppin and smooth and tangle free. I really didnt even have to comb @ at before I did the braids.

Wow! Well, next time I wash my hair, I'm gonna try an ACV rinse.

Iono how yall feel about Kimmay but I'm subbed to her on YT and I just happen to see she posted a new video (new to me havent been on in days) and its ironic she talks about ph balance/acidic substances/curled ends.......that convinces me even more that it was the ACV rinse.

Back