My Aveda Salon Experience

Travis Girl

Friday, I went to an Aveda Concept Salon and it was AWESOME!!! I was amazed with everything. I loved my hair care and even moreso, the atmosphere was quiet, relaxing, and pampering. My hairdresser was concerned with my hair issues, patiently answered all my questions, and told me everything she was doing step by step.

She asked me what my ultimate goal was and I told her to get my hair healthy, stop relaxing, and go natural. She told me, "your last touchup was your LAST and you are going natural from this day forth, I'm looking at your new growth and I can see you didn't need relaxing in the first place. At Aveda, we're focused on hair health and care. I will teach you how to care for and maintain your hair on your road to healthy natural hair! I was so shocked and awed---all I could do was "blink, blink." I didn't have to explain myself, defend myself, or demand a thing! I said, "okay!" And she was off and running. She used the Damage Remedy line, mixed some oils/conditioners for a moist towel heat treatment under the dryer, did a couple other things that I don't remember and she combed through my 3" of new growth "like BUTTA!!!!" I was waiting for the detangling drama to begin and and all she did was comb through once and fire up the blow dryer! After blow drying, I rec'd my cut. I already knew my ends/layers were a hot mess, so I picked a simple cut and received a chopping of I guess, 3-4 inches and long layers. She gave me a silky flat ironing/end bumping. I asked her how my hair was gonna hold up without a touchup and with it raining (all day hard). She told me not to worry I'd be good she'd tell me what to do. I was apprehensive because at the first sign of humidity and moisture I become a human dandelion! When she finished and swirled me around to the mirror----my hair had swing, I'm talking SWANG swing!!! She told me what she used, how she used it, I bought my stuff, and SKIPPED happily out the door!!! And the "end all beat all"----by that evening I had to go out for a few hours and came back expecting to be the dandelion and my hair was as straight and silky as I left the salon!

YyyyESSSSSSS!!! I have a new hairdresser! YYYyyyeeeSSSSSSSS!!!!

I bought the recommended:
Aveda Damage Remedy Poo, Conditioner
Be Curly Poo, Conditioner, and Control (for wash and go days)
Brilliant Damage Control
Control Paste (occasionally, for stray control)
Beautifying Composition (for ends and scalp massage)

Will be checking all these out and figuring how they'll fit in my routine. I AM IN LOVE!!!

ps...the below pictures are hours after my salon visit. Sorry for the blurriness! Hope you get the general idea....

Attachments

• 1st Aveda Visit 002a.jpg
    1st Aveda Visit 002a.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 1st Aveda Visit 006a.jpg
    1st Aveda Visit 006a.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 1st Aveda Visit 009a.jpg
    1st Aveda Visit 009a.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 1st Aveda Visit 011a.jpg
    1st Aveda Visit 011a.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 65
  • 1st Aveda Visit 016a.jpg
    1st Aveda Visit 016a.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 86
Thank you for sharing your Aveda Salon experience!! Your hair looks beautiful and I can tell you have a "swang swing"!
So are you transitioning with your new hairdresser?

Beautiful!!!

Your hair is gorgeous!!!

ooh la laaaaaa!

Ladies, thank you! I'm so thrilled

Thank you for sharing your Aveda Salon experience!! Your hair looks beautiful and I can tell you have a "swang swing"!
So are you transitioning with your new hairdresser?

Yes, I am! I went in for a shampoo to check out her technique and the salon's atmosphere....I slipped and fell in love! Between LHCF and my Aveda hairdresser I feel like my hair is well on it's way!

Wow...your hair is gorgeous! I am a dedicated Aveda user. My natural hair loves Aveda products! Good luck with your transitioning!

Your experience / review was awesome.

I need to get my butt to an Aveda salon. I've been putting it off to long. I'm already in love with Aveda products. A good Aveda stylist would be icing on the cake.

Your hair looks beautiful.

Oooohhhhh...that is some beautiful, healthy, bouncy hair you've got there! Glad to hear you had a great experience! You will be back to your siggy length in no time.

Your hair is gorgeous. What location is this Aveda salon that you went to?

Your hair looks amazing! Can I have your hairdresser???

It just looks so healthy and moisturized. You should be a hair model with all that swing :grin:.

WOW! Now, that is simply gorgeous :grin:. I'm happy that you found a stylist that promotes healthy hair. I've never tried the Aveda line...from the looks of your hair...I might just try it.

Wow, they do natural hair? *taking notes* I wonder if they do braids. :scratchch

Your hair looks great.

Last edited:
Very nice! Your hair looks silky and smooth. Plus, u have a nice cut. :up: ;)

That's what I call kicking it up a notch. :grin: :up:

Your hair came out so silky and luscious! It's great that you've found a quality stylist, it seems as if they really care about the hair's health rather than style.

My goodness. Your hair looks amazing. Now that's how hair is supposed to look after a flat iron.

If you remember any more of what she did, please share. I love Aveda salons.

Okay, I HAVE to go to the Aveda Salon. I use all of their products and have been to their store but never the salon. Recently when we relocated to our new state I spotted a couple of Aveda salons in close proximity to our home and when we received our 'welcome package' along with all the welcome mail from local businesses I received a few coupons from one of the great Aveda salons near me. There is also another poster who shared her Aveda experience with me via PM.

I am now convinced that I just have to go there. This is exactly what I have been looking for. Thank you for sharing your story.

Very pretty indeed! I want to one day have an Aveda salon experience. As of right now it is alittle out of my budget :ohwell:, I hear it's expensive.

Very pretty indeed! I want to one day have an Aveda salon experience. As of right now it is alittle out of my budget :ohwell:, I hear it's expensive.

The pricing in my area is reasonable IMO (North Georgia). At least when I went to the website to check out the salon the pricing seemed reasonable for their services. Plus I hear they give you extra attention and are very detailed. I don't mind paying a little extra for that experience and peace. It's better than taking chances at some of these other salons where it's either a hit or miss and you actually get more MISSES than hits. To me, that is more than worth paying for. I was about to start being a total DIY'er and will be for the most part but will still visit the salon at times when I want a break.

Back