My Aveda experience

Thanks for sharing your Aveda experience.....I could smell the Aveda aroma while reading it.

Here are her product recommendations for me:........................................................................................................................................

Deep Conditioner:
I believe some stores are no longer carrying the deep penetrating hair revitilizer treatment so if you are unable to find it, I would recommend using the Color Conserve Strengthening Treatment with a few drops of the beautifying oil. I would use this product every other shampoo and let sit on the hair at least 10-15 min. with or without heat. If you have the time, heat would be preferable. Rinse with cold water and style as usual..

Supposedly the deep penetrating hair revitalizer has been discontinued but most of the Aveda stylists have told me that the Color Conserve Treatment is it's replacement eventhough it's being marketed for colored hair.

That is exactly what she told me - use Color Conserve in the place of the Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer. B/c I found the DPHR I will use that until I use it up and then switch over.

I also decided to use Aveda exclusively for my daughter and me for the next 6months to see if our hair condition improves. Not that it is bad now but since I use barrettes in my daughter's hair sometimes I see more hair than usual from removing them than I think I should. Also, inevitably I can be a bit rough on her midback length natural hair which is naturally kinky/coily.

My stylist said another client of hers uses Aveda exclusively on her young daughter's hair (the scalp benefits line) and has seen very good results as she no longer suffers from extremely dry scalp and hair from consistent use. I been using my DR conditioners in my daughter's hair but am going to start mixing stuff with the Beautifying composition oil I bought the other day.

On Aveda's site they even provide a tip where you can conduct scalp massages using their paddle brush by first adding 10 to 15 drops of the oil directly to your scalp and then massaging with the brush. That sounds so soothing just typing it. :yep:

That is exactly what she told me - use Color Conserve in the place of the Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer. B/c I found the DPHR I will use that until I use it up and then switch over.

I also decided to use Aveda exclusively for my daughter and me for the next 6months to see if our hair condition improves. Not that it is bad now but since I use barrettes in my daughter's hair sometimes I see more hair than usual from removing them than I think I should. Also, inevitably I can be a bit rough on her midback length natural hair which is naturally kinky/coily.

My stylist said another client of hers uses Aveda exclusively on her young daughter's hair (the scalp benefits line) and has seen very good results as she no longer suffers from extremely dry scalp and hair from consistent use. I been using my DR conditioners in my daughter's hair but am going to start mixing stuff with the Beautifying composition oil I bought the other day.

On Aveda's site they even provide a tip where you can conduct scalp massages using their paddle brush by first adding 10 to 15 drops of the oil directly to your scalp and then massaging with the brush. That sounds so soothing just typing it. :yep:

So when she did the scalp message, did she add drops of the oil directly to your scalp and then massaged? I'm interested in trying a scalp massage myself...I've had the Beautifying Compostion Oil for about two years now....it seems to last forever. I'd love to find different ways to use it.

She actually added it to her hands and then went through my scalp and massaged it. She massaged me with the Calming Composition Oil.

She recommends I mix my conditioners with a few drops of the beautifying oil when I deep condition. She also suggested I massage my scalp twice a week w/ the beautifying oil to maintain balance and improve circulation for healthy hair growth.

So when she did the scalp message, did she add drops of the oil directly to your scalp and then massaged? I'm interested in trying a scalp massage myself...I've had the Beautifying Compostion Oil for about two years now....it seems to last forever. I'd love to find different ways to use it.

Ok ladies, my Aveda stylist came to my home again today and the experience was great. She massaged my scalp, neck and head with the calming composition oil. She then washed, conditioned and blew out my natural hair straight and then bumped it. She used Shampure shampoo and Deep penetrating hair revitalizer and a concoction of conditioners. It was an aromatic experience.

She then applied the anti-humectant pomade to my edges and scalp along with a light application of the beautifying composition oil and smooth infusion serum and blew me out. She did use damage control before blow drying me.

My hair looks and feels great. Also, I took her advise and washed my daughter with 100% Aveda, let the conditioner sit for 30 minutes then rinsed it out with cool water. I then applied Damage Control and the Universal Styling Cream to her hair and then blew it out. Her hair came out so shiny it was actually BRILLIANT!!! I found the holy grail for my daughter's thick hair which tends to be dry.

Back