My Aveda Experience....

Mizani_Mrs

I've long sworn off trying every single fad/product that someone recommends. But i heard too many good reviews of Aveda. Sooo i finally give in to the Aveda hype and buy myself a litre of the Aveda DR intensive restructuring cond. I knew from reading reviews that it wouldn't be all that good of an experience because i only have the conditioner and not the shampoo. And best results are achieved with the complete system. So anyways, i prepoo'd for maybe 30mins with suave conditioner. I washed with Nexxus botanoil, and I slathered the Aveda DR on my hurrr. I actually hate the way it smells but it feels darn good. It felt so rich and emollient, it immediately softened my hair. I then literally glided a pick thru my hair, (WOW). It was so easy to comb thru. I then put on a showercap. took a 2hr nap. Woke up, rinsed it out. and I swear i had the SOFTEST hair i have ever had in my entire life. I didn't even need a leave-in to detangle. I glided my pick thru my hair, and then glided my comb thru it within 2mins (as opposed to 12mins to detangle). I added a dab of hummectess as my leave in, and some paul mitchell medium hold styling lotion. i blow dried and then flat ironed. I lost literally like 30 strands of hair!!!! It was an extremely small clump of hair. I usually loose at least 5 to 8 times that much of hair. I have never washed and only lost that small amount of hair. I was soooo impressed and happy. My hair is sooo soft and fluffy. (though i dont really like the smell at all). So i am very happy with Aveda and plan to use it forever and ever and ever... I cant wait to see the positive benefit of using it over a long period of time. I was scared because i thought my bottle could be bootleg since i got it off eBay but it is the bomb and generics dont work for my hair so i'm assuming its the real deal. I bought the litre on eBay for $45. what a steal! i'm going to get the poo and cond this weekend, at the store.

Hope this review helps someone!!!

Last edited:
Ohh, chile you and your hubby look fabulous in your wedding pic:)

Glad to see another Aveda convert on the board.

Ya Know....I Just Might Have To Try That DR:D I Used The Smooth Infusion And That Was Aiiigghht,But Not What I Was Looking For.Thanx For The Review MM:)

awww, thanks ladies sooo much for the love. i really appreciate it! and glad i can help someone with my review....

I love AVEDA!!!!!!!

Glad to see you had a great experience and with only the conditioner too...this is some really great stuff.

You wedding picture is awesome. You guys can really use that to do a dial commercial and it will be great!!!

Nothing to add except my adoration for the wedding pic in your siggy. Wishing you that same BLISS everyday of you all's lives! :)

p1

Yahhhh another Aveda lover;) You will definitely love the shampoo and the the treatment if you get it. Their products do amazing things.
I looked thru your pics and you look so happy and beautiful. Ummm does your husband have any single friends???? Hahahaha:lachen:

Damn... another I love Aveda thread..

Must .... not..... go ......to......selfridges......Must .... not..... go ......to......selfridges......Must .... not..... go ......to......selfridges......

I might go, just to see how much it will set me back :lachen:, with all these reviews, it has got to be all that.

jade998 said:
Damn... another I love Aveda thread..

Must .... not..... go ......to......selfridges......Must .... not..... go ......to......selfridges......Must .... not..... go ......to......selfridges......

I might go, just to see how much it will set me back :lachen:, with all these reviews, it has got to be all that.

You must go to selfridges...you must go to selfridges...LOL!!!

YES!! Yet another AVEDA believer! I am delighted that you enjoyed the experience. Please do consider getting the shampoo, which is moisturizing in and of itself. Like the others said, Silk Infusion is really great but Damage Remedy is even better.

BTW, you are a GORGEOUS bride and you and your hubby look so happy together. Your pictures are also very beautiful! CONGRATULATIONS!!! ;)

Back