My 2010 Journey (pics)

bestblackgirl

I don't start threads, but I promised some people update pics so I decided to let you guys know what is been going on this past year.

First pic is of Feb '10 relaxer. I tried stretching my relaxer with extension braids, well you can see what a disaster that turned out to be. 2nd pic, I trimed my ends to SL because they were horrible, when i got my relaxer in July. The third is a back shot of my ends in July. I stretch for 21 weeks, then got a relaxer this Dec 15, and now I am full APL.

I hope to be BSL by July '11

(more pics next post)

Attachments

• feb18relaxer.jpg
    feb18relaxer.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 145
  • jul'10 (1 day post).jpg
    jul'10 (1 day post).jpg
    88 KB · Views: 140
  • IMAG0336.jpg
    IMAG0336.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMAG0395.jpg
    IMAG0395.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMAG0409.jpg
    IMAG0409.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
This is more pics of my hair now. I love my buns now, they are thick.

I am so proud of myself, my two older sisters asked me last night if i got hair extension, I told them no. Now they want to see what I am doing and what products I am using. Mind you, they were the one who told me my hair was going to break off if i dont relax every month, and when i wash my hair often.
Hahha.

I am so psych for 2011

Attachments

• 1216101145a.jpg
    1216101145a.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMAG0417.jpg
    IMAG0417.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 89
No one likes setbacks but your have definately overcome it b/c you've not only recovered your length but your hair looks much thicker. Great job.

I don't start threads, but I promised some people update pics so I decided to let you guys know what is been going on this past year.

First pic is of Feb '10 relaxer. I tried stretching my relaxer with extension braids, well you can see what a disaster that turned out to be. 2nd pic, I trimed my ends to SL because they were horrible, when i got my relaxer in July. The third is a back shot of my ends in July. I stretch for 21 weeks, then got a relaxer this Dec 15, and now I am full APL.

I hope to be BSL by July '11

(more pics next post)

@ the bolded: Why was it a disaster? I'm thinking of stretching my relaxer with medium-sized braids very soon but I will only have it on for no longer than two months. What kind of hair did you use and what types of braids did you get?

On a different note, your progress looks great! You got back to APL very quickly and with thicker ends than you started. Congrats!

@ Ezina
Well first off, everytime i use fake hair, my hair always end up breaking off, dont know why that is. But anyway this year I think it's how it was put that caused the setback... I mean I used synthetic hair and and it was my cousin who put it for me. She only braided a quarter of my hair and the rest was left unbraided with the braid, she used boiling water to make the braids curly. and i think my hair was put into the hot water as well because even the next day when i braided the ends past my hair, I still ended up with the setback.
I only had the braids for 5 weeks.

Night and day difference. Your hair looks great. Your older sisters are eating their words. HA!!!

Your buns & ends looks great...Your hair looks very healthy/thick..Total different head of hair..Love it....

Happy Hair Growing!

Thank you guys... although i am happy with my progress, i am disappointed because i should have been further along my journey if it wasnt for this stupid setback. I vow never to use hair extensions again.. not even weave or wigs. I wont take any chances.

Back