My 2008 Hair Journey!!!

Congratulations. Great journey!

You retained at least 3.5, if not 4 inches of growth. Now, that is AMAZING. That is why hair photos are sooo very important.

Great "haircumentary"! ( I just made this up :blush:)

Although I have admired a lot of women regarding their hair lengths and healthy hair textures, however, this will be the first time I have ever posted a comment and a hair compliment.

That is the most beautiful head of healthy hair I have ever seen in a long time. NATURAL hair at that! What an inspiration. I am trying to transition (temporarily), and this is truly an inspiration. One can only imagine what your hair would look like flatironed. *hint*:yep:

Excellent job and keep up the good work!!

Although I have admired a lot of women regarding their hair lengths and healthy hair textures, however, this will be the first time I have ever posted a comment and a hair compliment.

That is the most beautiful head of healthy hair I have ever seen in a long time. NATURAL hair at that! What an inspiration. I am trying to transition (temporarily), and this is truly an inspiration. One can only imagine what your hair would look like flatironed. *hint*:yep:

Excellent job and keep up the good work!!

Thanks for the kind words :)...And maybe now that it's no longer humid in Japan, I'll dust off my flatiron :)

I am loving those curls!! Great progress! I had to laugh a little bit at the Henna application outfit, but I know it worked out!

Excellent documentation! Very inspiring and I think it's great how you gave shout outs to those who helped you every step of the way...that's what this board is all about!

Beautiful hair - beautiful spirit!

How were you able to get 3 inches in 3 months?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I love your 'fro. It goes really well with the structure of your face and your facial features. You look gorgeous.

How were you able to get 3 inches in 3 months?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I love your 'fro. It goes really well with the structure of your face and your facial features. You look gorgeous.

Check out pg 2 from this thread.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=149916&PN=2

I tapped Bunnie's brain after she did her reveal at the end of my Twisting for Growth Challenge. Been doing what she told me ever since...Love her and all her wisdom!!! :)

oops2,
your hair is fabulous!! the texture, the sheen,just every thing about it!!! Girl you made me consider going natural again!!!!

WOW!! This is some AWESOME PROGESS!! I have a quick question how do you avoid those dreadful single strand knots? Those things are really gonna set my growth back!! Oh btw you are my hair-spiration!!:grin:

WOW!! This is some AWESOME PROGESS!! I have a quick question how do you avoid those dreadful single strand knots? Those things are really gonna set my growth back!! Oh btw you are my hair-spiration!!:grin:

Oh..I get them..I actually have a bad habit of pick them off the ends of my strands. But lately what I've found to work was applying a aloe vera gel, glycerin, water, and oil blend to my hair (especially the ends) and sealing lightly w/a castor oil blend. I find I get them more often when my ends are dry and not properly moisturized.

Back