My 1yr Natural Anniversary (Xtremely Pic Heavy)

Vonnieluvs08

So one year ago at about this same time I decided to cut all my hair off and go natural.

I had just moved back home after an internship in Indiana. I was starting a new job, it was a new month, a new phase of life. So I wanted a fresh start all around.

I went from approximately BSL (I'm 5'11) to 3inches or less of hair. I had my last relaxer in March '08 but didn't know a thing about transitioning and had serious heat damage. Thank goodness for LHCF it salvage the last 6mos of my transition and equipped me with what I needed to go natural and stay natural.

My reggie is pretty simple now. I cowash 1-2x week, DC 1-2x, henna once a month, shampoo as needed. In the winter I stayed in twists and I layer on product even now when I do them--a light leave-in, thicker leave in, seal with butter or oil. I've been wearing a lot of chunky twist outs and experimenting with bunny tails and bunning.

I have a lot of products and don't really have staples cuz I'm always trying something new. I like products by SSI, HV, Mozeke, Curls, Jessicurl, Qhemet, KBB so mostly natural handmade products.

Here is my 1st year in pics.
Before BC
100_4893.jpg

After BC
100_4937.jpg

DSCF0199.jpg

DSCF0261.jpg

Bantu Knots
IMG00017-20090922-2302.jpg

Bantu Knot Out
IMG00026-20090923-1217.jpg

Knot Out
IMG00031-20090923-1229.jpg

Last edited:
And more...
Single Strand Flat Twist Mohawk-Twists/Twist out
DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0059.jpg

DSCF0157.jpg

Mohawk washed out
DSCF0155.jpg

Flat Twist & Twsit Out
DSCF0238.jpg

DSCF0239.jpg

DSCF0240.jpg

DSCF0276.jpg

Photo Shoot Hair & Makeup
DSCF0366.jpg

1st Bunny Tail
DSCF0498-1.jpg

Last edited:
And even more...
Twist Out
DSCF0334.jpg

Bunny Tail
DSCF0493.jpg

Christmas & my niece
DSCF0528.jpg

DSCF0646.jpg

3 Strand Twist Out
DSCF0643.jpg

Curl Formers
DSCF0930.jpg

Chunky 3 strand Twist out
DSCF1062.jpg

3 strand Twist out
DSCF1071.jpg

DSCF1237.jpg

Last edited:
Last but not Least---
Twist out in Banana Clip
DSCF1273.jpg

Failed 2 Strand Flat Twist out
DSCF1349.jpg

2 Strand Flat Twist out
DSCF1351.jpg

2 Strand Flat Twist out
DSCF1353.jpg

Twist Out- Jill Scott/Maxwell Concert
DSCF1452.jpg

WnG in profile
DSCF1093.jpg

Straight Hair
DSCF0741.jpg

Length Check Feb
DSCF0746.jpg

Twist Comparison over the past yr
ComparisonPics3.jpg

Thank you for viewing. I'm excited to see where the next year takes me. Thank you for all of your advice and support. I love it here.

Last edited:
Hey, this is the young lady who asked if you were Nikos's cousin at the jazz festival in Philly 2 weekends ago, after my SO recognized you from college. It was my first time asking that question! :lol:

Great progress on your hair!

Hey, this is the young lady who asked if you were Nikos's cousin at the jazz festival in Philly 2 weekends ago, after my SO recognized you from college. It was my first time asking that question! :lol:

Great progress on your hair!

It was nice meeting you. Thanks for stopping by and Thank you!! Tell your SO hi. Hope his hand is getting better.

That was my first time answering that question. My friends were like what did that mean?:lachen: I was like if you know then you know:look:

Your hair was super cute that day. I'm going to have to become creative again.

Your twist outs are gorgeous! You've made some great progress! Thanks for sharing all those pictures! I LOVE pics! :yep:

Congrats on your anniversary!!! Love all of the various styles!!! You are truly talented. Was it difficult to style esp after the BC?

Alright Now Ms. VLuv! Looking Fly Girl!:thumbsup:

Happy Anni and Many More to Grow:congrats::congrats:

Thanks for Sharing Your Progress w/Us!:cup:

Congrats on your anniversary! It really looks like you're enjoying your hair. :yep: It looks so beautiful and healthy!

Back