My 1st Wig that im happy with...pics in album :)

bluediamond0829

Hey check out my new wig its by Freetress..the sales lady at the BSS was very helpful i just told her what i wanted and she helped me with some suggestions...i didnt think i would like it because i try to get wigs that are not too long(shoulder length or bob) but as soon as I tried it on i fell in love with it...ive tried on wigs before but they always didnt look natural enough for me to want to buy them or i would wear them a couple of times and toss them to the side because they looked too much like a wig....

i now know what wigs to avoid and what wigs work for me that look more natural looking on me and to fit me....i finally found one that i actually like....my coworkers thought it was a sewin one even asked me who did my hair... :D ...i plan on getting maybe two more...i dont want to over do it like i did with the 3/4 wigs and now where are they? in the back of my closet...and i want to get them around the same length and almost same style is this good ideas for those that wear wigs?

these are the two i wanted to get next just to vary up the style a little....

yhst-2519492840586_1922_83866872

and

yhst-2519492840586_1922_50163586

this one looks just like the one i have now its just the bang is on the other side but if i wouldve known what i wanted and that their was a website that sold them for 19.95 instead of paying 29.99 i wouldve been ordering my 1st one...

heres my photo album
http://public.fotki.com/bluediva0298/my-wigs/1st-wig/
pwd: bluewhite2

i was getting frustrated with my grow out phase of my own hair from the short hair cut i was even thinking about going and doing a chop chop again lol so hopefully this can be my answer to it...and help me with getting to my goal length, stretching my relaxer, and spending less $$$$....

any tips and success pics of your own progress and hair growth from wigs for inspiration and for success with wig wearing would be more than helpful even though ive researched most of the threads that had to do with wearing wigs...it still would be nice..thanks....

Last edited:
Wigs can get addictive real fast! LOL! They're fun! And esp. great in the cooler months to keep the head warm.... Long as you're having fun, it's all good!

Your wig looks great!!! Just keep the hair underneath moisturized and oiled and you'll be fine. My last long stint of wig wearing got my hair from less than .5 in to shoulder after a bad professional relaxer in 1 yr. I used Blue Magic and Perm Repair.
If I knew then what I know now, it would have been twice as long:)

tenderheaded said:
Your wig looks great!!! Just keep the hair underneath moisturized and oiled and you'll be fine. My last long stint of wig wearing got my hair from less than .5 in to shoulder after a bad professional relaxer in 1 yr. I used Blue Magic and Perm Repair.
If I knew then what I know now, it would have been twice as long:)

thanks i saw you had posted this before about the perm repair and blue magic(u took it back with that)....i think i have some jars somewhere around here...

Mrs_No_More said:
Hey Blue. Where can I order these wigs online?

thank you....
i actually found two websites that have them available for 19.95 thats cheaper than what i paid in the BSS for the one i have...i paid 29.99 for it but now that i know i'll order for one of the websites...

my wigs are the Freetress full cap wigs if thats the brand that you are interested in getting and looking at....BTW im wearin the San Francisco Girl wig

www.gmbshair.com

and

hairsisters.com

Last edited:
See blue , you done started something now I want some wigs!!!!:lol: You look really nice, it do look like a real good weave.:cool: My natural hair slows me down sometimes because I don't have the length yet. But a couple of wigs would help me out just fine.:grin: I know it easy to just get up and go now!!!!:look:

gelati said:
See blue , you done started something now I want some wigs!!!!:lol: You look really nice, it do look like a real good weave.:cool: My natural hair slows me down sometimes because I don't have the length yet. But a couple of wigs would help me out just fine.:grin: I know it easy to just get up and go now!!!!:look:

my bad lol...thats where i just came from too...i went back up to the BSS to try on the wigs that i picked out but i didnt buy them because i can get them cheaper on line....so i like the 2nd one but they didnt have the 1st one...but i tried one on that was simliar to it and didnt like it...the 2nd one does look like the one i already have...but its more layered in the front...

i like this one i tried this one and it was really nice too...

yhst-2519492840586_1918_46215452

Last edited:
bluediamond0829 said:
my bad lol...thats where i just came from too...i went back up to the BSS to try on the wigs that i picked out but i didnt buy them because i can get them cheaper on line....so i like the 2nd one but they didnt have the 1st one...but i tried one on that was simliar to it and didnt like it...the 2nd one does look like the one i already have...but its more layered in the front...

i like this one i tried this one and it was really nice too...

yhst-2519492840586_1918_46215452

I was just showing this one to my husband and he liked it alot!!!!:D My only problem is how do I get the right size.:look: I don't have a little head and I don't want this wig to come to my cheeks.:lachen:

gelati said:
I was just showing this one to my husband and he liked it alot!!!!:D My only problem is how do I get the right size.:look: I don't have a little head and I don't want this wig to come to my cheeks.:lachen:

well i dont know i mean i just looked and it doesnt have a draw string in it just the small combs one in the front and one in the back....like this wig came to just brushing the top of my shoulders....it cant be that bad girl...

im trying to decide on what colors to go with...im at a lost....the short bob one has the same color that i have in my 1st wig....but the one thats the 2nd one in the pic on the first page doesnt have that color at their website....im at a lost...

update wigs ARE really addictive especially once you find some that work...i just placed my order for the 2nd one on the first page in 1b/27 and then for the short one on this page in a color of #2...so im going to alternate....so im going to try to wear my 1st one for almost a month and then change up before Thanksgiving and wear the 2nd one since they look so much like sewins....this is going to be fun...and im able to stretch my relaxers if i choose to.... :)

Last edited:
Hey Blue, either I'm going to wait until you get your order and see how they turn out for you or I'm going to place a order.

I'm very torn too as far as the color some of the wigs on the website has some great colors and when I looked up the colors I was confused. I want a 1b with a hint of color like burgundy or auburn. So I'm just going to wait for yours to come and please post some pictures. I don't get my digital camera until Christmas.:look:

Thanks again Blue because sometimes I want to go straight and now I don't have to touch my natural hair!!!!:D

Thanks Blue. Your wig looks great on you. I've been trying on wigs for about 2 weeks but could not find one that looked good on me. I'm going to try to find a BSS in my area that carries this brand so I can try it on, then I'm going to order the one I want online.

bluediamond0829 said:
thank you....
i actually found two websites that have them available for 19.95 thats cheaper than what i paid in the BSS for the one i have...i paid 29.99 for it but now that i know i'll order for one of the websites...

my wigs are the Freetress full cap wigs if thats the brand that you are interested in getting and looking at....BTW im wearin the San Francisco Girl wig

www.gmbshair.com

and

hairsisters.com

That GMBS site is the bomb, that's where I ordered my falls from! They have really affordable prices too. Your wig looks fantastic, by the way!:yep:

Thank you ladies....

yea Gelati that was the hardest thing for me to do is to pick out colors...the wig that i have now has like reddish auburnish looking streaks in it and its 1b/350...in the pic you cant really see them that good because the 1b overtakes it..but if someone is up on me then they can see it....i'll try to see if i can get better picks of them so it can give you and idea of the color...it is hard to look at the colors examples they have on the website...and also sometimes its better to try the wigs on with the colors to see exactly how your going to look....

Mrs_No_More....yeah i was doing the same whenever i would see a post talking about wigs and the success people got from wearing wigs i would run to a BSS to try to find one...but luckily i went and this sales lady suggested this brand...i just told her that i wanted something natural looking...and when i tried this one that was it...this was the brand that im sticking with...because of how natural looking they are....another thing that i learned with trying on the wigs even last night i stay away from layered looking wigs(even though they are so cute) but they tend to look too wiggish, curly wigs, or anything with flips...i just find that these wigs(more straight and long) look more natural and the brand also i guess because their isnt much hair added..and because they dont have the extra bulk of hair that they add to them to do the curls and the flips...

preciousjewel...thanks for the recommendation ur the 2nd person that said that so im sighing with relief i had the weirdest dream about the wigs i ordered and that they sent me the wrong colors...

those people at that BSS are going to think im crazy because i maybe going back and trying on wigs in different colors and styles and not purchasing them..i didnt tell the sales lady last night that i found them on the website alot cheaper lol....maybe i'll try to play it off and buy cheap little products...

That's a nice wig...i really like the side swoop bang. I'll be wearing wigs myself beginning next year. I just bought a lace front (actually like in July) and I can't wait to wear it. I also just purchased a curly half wig and today is my first day wearing it. Good luck with your wig.

Hey Blue, what is the name of the brand because I can't stay off the wig website now.:p I'm back and forth with LHCF and the wig website!!!!:look: I will make sure I don't get any flips but how about flips at the ends of the wig?

gelati said:
Hey Blue, what is the name of the brand because I can't stay off the wig website now.:p I'm back and forth with LHCF and the wig website!!!!:look: I will make sure I don't get any flips but how about flips at the ends of the wig?

Its Freetress wigs full cap....yeah i know thats how i was last night back and forth trying to make decisions on what i wanted and the color....for two with ground shipping and handling i think my order came out to know more than 50.00 thats not bad....

nah i was just saying that i dont look good with flips because they make it look like i have a wig on or they look too wiggish to me..but ive seen plenty of girls that are able to work the layers and flips(charlies angels look) like the wig i have on the 1st page that i posted 1st..and it just maybe me looking at it like that...

now im kind of feeling this wig too...but im not going to be bold and purchase at least until i go and try it on...but i think i'll try to hold out until i get the other two first....and i still like the one that i put on the first on the first page too...

i think im going to take the step and get this one next though....

yhst-2519492840586_1918_14888806

this one is okay....

Last edited:
bluediamond0829 said:
Its Freetress wigs full cap....yeah i know thats how i was last night back and forth trying to make decisions on what i wanted and the color....for two with ground shipping and handling i think my order came out to know more than 50.00 thats not bad....

nah i was just saying that i dont look good with flips because they make it look like i have a wig on or they look too wiggish to me..but ive seen plenty of girls that are able to work the layers and flips(charlies angels look) like the wig i have on the 1st page that i posted 1st..and it just maybe me looking at it like that...

now im kind of feeling this wig too...but im not going to be bold and purchase at least until i go and try it on...but i think i'll try to hold out until i get the other two first....and i still like the one that i put on the first on the first page too...

i think im going to take the step and get this one next though....

yhst-2519492840586_1918_14888806

this one is okay....

Both of them are really cute, but I really,really like the first one.:cool: I just left the website, they have some great stuff on there!!!! Girl I'm going to have so many wig heads on my dresser!!!!:lachen: I'm just waiting for your wigs to come, so I can see the fit and the color. I think I'm going to order the a couple of updos and ponytails because you can't go wrong with those. I'm going to slap some grease and gel in this thick hair and put it on.:eek:

gelati said:
Both of them are really cute, but I really,really like the first one.:cool: I just left the website, they have some great stuff on there!!!! Girl I'm going to have so many wig heads on my dresser!!!!:lachen: I'm just waiting for your wigs to come, so I can see the fit and the color. I think I'm going to order the a couple of updos and ponytails because you can't go wrong with those. I'm going to slap some grease and gel in this thick hair and put it on.:eek:

lol yea my hair isnt long enough yet for ponytails or updos...but as soon as it is i'll be going back there and getting me some lol...yea im still debating about that first one..but i think im going to give it a rest and hold back from ordering..i was about to order some wig heads too but i think i can find them locally for cheaper...im going to need them just to keep the hairstyles looking fresh...i just want to try that one on first before i jump up and order it...because i dont want to be stuck with something that im not going to wear..tell me ur opinion doesnt this one look just like it just that one has a bigger bang and the style is more fresher...this is the one i tried on last night and didnt care much for it...

yhst-2519492840586_1922_13520049

Nice wig Blue. Its funny, but my co-worker just bought a nice bob length wig. Her hair is natural and instead of flat-iron it, she decided to get a wig. I tell you one thing it is much healthier. Now I have to find me a nice one...lol

bluediamond0829 said:
lol yea my hair isnt long enough yet for ponytails or updos...but as soon as it is i'll be going back there and getting me some lol...yea im still debating about that first one..but i think im going to give it a rest and hold back from ordering..i was about to order some wig heads too but i think i can find them locally for cheaper...im going to need them just to keep the hairstyles looking fresh...i just want to try that one on first before i jump up and order it...because i dont want to be stuck with something that im not going to wear..tell me ur opinion doesnt this one look just like it just that one has a bigger bang and the style is more fresher...this is the one i tried on last night and didnt care much for it...

yhst-2519492840586_1922_13520049

It do look the same but the first one looks way better, I think it's the color and how it's curled. The one you tryed on, was it this color?

gelati said:
It do look the same but the first one looks way better, I think it's the color and how it's curled. The one you tryed on, was it this color?

no it wasnt this color but its just something thats kind of off about this one compared to the 1st one...they didnt have the 1st one at the BSS so i couldnt try it on...so thats why i tried this one because it was almost close to it....well the 1st one is only 24.95 and its new one that they just came out with...i mean thats alot better than paying almost 30.00 for it...and i could always sell it on LHCF if i dont like it...i dont know...i keep looking at the 1st one and loving it...im still going to hold off on it though...maybe i can find anotha BSS that sells Freetress wigs and they may have it...so i can at least try it on....

BTW i just recd my confirmation yesterday that i believe that its for my order well thats the only thing that i could thing of that ive ordered..and that it should arrive on Friday...that was quick because i just ordered it like on Tuesday evening...but they did guarentee that all orders ship 24 to 48 hours after being placed....

Hey Blue, I think you should get it because it is really nice and if you don't like it send it back. Oh, can you send it back? I didn't read the return policy. I can't wait to get my updos and ponytails because braiding my own hair gets tiredsome and I won't pay nobody to do it if I can do it myself. So the wigs and the updos would do me just fine!!!!

Oh I'm a big ol' fan of wigs....Its the best thing for my natural hair in NY winters. They are inexpensive(last about a month) and you always have a good hair day. I've been able to do treatments and mostly just retain ALL of my new growth....I found a great one last winter and have picked it once again!
Congrats Blue!

Blue and precious jewel yall made me buy a wig today :lol: Im not so sure that i like it.:ohwell: It was only 20 buck anyway:grin:

mysweetevie said:
Blue and precious jewel yall made me buy a wig today :lol: Im not so sure that i like it.:ohwell: It was only 20 buck anyway:grin:

sweetevie were did you get the wig today, I live in Philly too and I want to go get one real quick for the hubby.:lachen: You look so nice in your wig it is all that and you can't beat that for 20 bucks!!!!:cool: Girl wear that wig!!!!:cool: Did you do anything to it to make it look real like that?

Back