Votes: 221 34.6%
  • I've used MTG, disliked/hated the results

Votes: 55 8.6%
  • Have not used MTG/Other

Votes: 362 56.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sunshyne_krissy

Some of ya'll may be registered with the BHM forum. I was doing a search regarding MTG because as yall know I just put in my order yesterday for a bottle of it and I wanted to know more info. Well as i did the MTG search on the BHM forum there was a thread that someone started saying that we should stop using MTG and stop making the shapley's company richer because that product is not being sold for humans but for animals and that we are being "silly" to stoop that low just to get some growth. I'm tellin you this girl was uuuupset. Now that thread had tons and tons of people who vented on there about "how dare you sit up here and judge us, if it works for us we're gonna keep using it" and some were more passive in there responses.
Im not trying to start nothin but I'm just curious to what ya'll think about that. Me personally, I think that if you have negative results you shouldn't use that stuff. But dont pass judgement onto others just because you have bad results. What works for some may not work for others.

I tried to find the link for that thread again but I'm not having much luck.

Yeah, its a shame that the search tool isnt working, because that topic has been discussed here as well.

One thing that i love about LHCF, however, is that we tend to be relatively open-minded. Although everyone may not agree w/certain hair growth tactics, we usually still respect each other's choices. I also belong to BHM but i dont post there often.... because i find that folks arent as polite, tolerant, and respectful. Ive seen things get hella ugly there on more than one occasion (i mean, ugly like the original miconazale nitrate thread got last year... but over there i see that kind of behavior on a regular basis).

Anyhoo.... to answer ure question (before i digress too far), i love MTG, have had great results, and plan to continue using it until i reach my ultimate hair goal.

Last edited:
When i first join LHCF i would see a lot of ladies on here using it.
I didn't know what MTG was but i would see some of the ladies having a lot of problem with it and then i learn what MTG is and wonder why a lot of ladies would use something that cause so many problems. So i had a talk with my sister and she made a really good point. I don't care for MTG because my hair grows no matter what i do to it. but for women who hair never grows they would do what they have to do.

I've never tried it any hair growth stimulants, I have MSM, but I haven't used it for more than a week at a time to see results.

I personally don't think people need stuff like that, but if people say it helps their hair grow faster and fuller than it has in the past, I can't knock it. I don't have everyone else's hair, just my short stuff. :) I just feel that all hair has it's "growth spurt" and from what I've seen I can't say that it's the stimulants over nature. I think diet and exercise are the best stimulants around. ;)

I love MTG. It is the reason why I decided to go natural. My hair grew so fast with it, that I needed a touch up every 3 weeks. There is one prob that u need to know. MTG does have a distict smell. :lol: I manage to hide the odor by spraying my hair with Surge and using my la india creme mix. My hair is addicted to it because if I don't use it my hair just doesn't look the same. It is all good. Just think of MTG as a more potent version of the mane and tail conditioner. It is safe to use unless you are allergic to sulfur.

I've had great results from MTG. Even though the results are great I only use it periodically. I noticed when I used it my throat would hurt and the smell gives me a slight headache.

I have seen the MTG debate on almost every hair board I belong to.

For me the debate about MTG/Monistat/Monkey Ball Sweat/Chicken Grease/BBQ Sauce/Old English 800/ETC. as a hair growth aid is clear:

Use it if you want to.
Don't use it if you don't want to.

These are the two choices - pick one and STFU (not directed to anyone here just in general).

All of this "YOU are stupid/silly/desperate for doing something I wouldn't do" just reeks of things better left unmentioned.

I used MTG for a couple of months and while my hair grew, it was just normal growth.

It wasn't worth my putting up with the oiliness that made anything but an updo impossible. And it wasn't worth ruined sheets and clothing. And that smell!

Yes, it made my new growth come in LOOSER and that gave the appearance and illusion of more growth. Without it my new growth is tightly wound, but when I relax it stretches out the same so MTG is really no great miracle for me.

Last edited:
JCoily said:

For me the debate about MTG/Monistat/Monkey Ball Sweat/Chicken Grease/BBQ Sauce/Old English 800/ETC. as a hair growth aid is clear:

Use it if you want to.

These are the two choices - pick one and STFU (not directed to anyone here just in general).

All of this "YOU are stupid/silly/desperate for doing something I wouldn't do" just reeks of things better left unmentioned.

^^^And that's the bottom line! :lachen:

I'm also a member of BHM.
As far as the post you read, it's not that serious.
Some people will always judge/critize if it's not the "norm", be it with anything... That's just a part of life, take it with a grain of salt.

I ain't puttin nothin that smelly on my head :look: ....but I definitely don't begrudge anybody who does use it. It looks like it works very well for a lot of ladies.

Honestly,
I just dont have enough time in the day to worry about what other folks are puttin on their heads:look: . If they like it...I love it!:lol:

grnidmonster said:
Honestly,
I just dont have enough time in the day to worry about what other folks are puttin on their heads:look: . If they like it...I love it!:lol:
What she said!!! Q

JCoily said:

Use it if you want to.

Ditto! ITA :yep:

I used it a few times, but hated the smell.

If it weren't for that reason, I would have continued to use it.

I use and love it. No complaints here. It's just like the stuff mother used on me as a child just cheaper (glover's mange). $10.99 for 32 oz is great bargain IMO for something that definitely works for me.

But yeah... what JCoily said too!:lachen:

Bump!

I heard on the BHM forum that shapley's is going to take that "stench" out of MTG whatever causes it.. I think its the cade oil. Does anyone know if that is true?

sunshyne_krissy said:
Bump!

I heard on the BHM forum that shapley's is going to take that "stench" out of MTG whatever causes it.. I think its the cade oil. Does anyone know if that is true?

If they did I probably wouldn't buy it. I want MTG in all it's original "stinkin'" glory. :lol:

ChocoKitty said:
:grin: I'm just saying--If ain't broke... ;)

I feel you on that...lol let me rephrase though..I think they are alturing the smell so that it wont be as strong. Like they arent takin the cade oil out but just alturing the ingredients so that it is easy on the nose..lol if that makes since. I dont know how they are going to pull that off and still have it produce the same results :perplexed

sunshyne_krissy said:
I feel you on that...lol let me rephrase though..I think they are alturing the smell so that it wont be as strong. Like they arent takin the cade oil out but just alturing the ingredients so that it is easy on the nose..lol if that makes since. I dont know how they are going to pull that off and still have it produce the same results :perplexed

I understand. But I think they try to charge extra for less of a scent too. I'ono... I still ain't gon' buy it.;) :lol:

ChocoKitty said:
I understand. But I think they try to charge extra for less of a scent too. I'ono... I still ain't gon' buy it.;) :lol:

You know what I was thinking the same thing. They already know we are buying it for our hair..someday soon the price is going to go up. WAY UP

Been using M-T-G a little over 6months.

I don't have a "scent" problem because mines has EO's added. I
get compliments on my hair scent...lol :D

MTG is a keeper for me, My hair does grow but this give's me extra growth! Maybe it is just the sulphur....BUT IT WORKS!!! No doubt ;)

I have been using MTG since Feb of this year and I love it. I mix it with other things so the smell is toned down but I have gotten an inch per month. I will hopefully be at waistlength by the end of the year.

GO MTG!!!

tffy2004 said:
I have been using MTG since Feb of this year and I love it. I mix it with other things so the smell is toned down but I have gotten an inch per month. I will hopefully be at waistlength by the end of the year.

GO MTG!!!

Tffy, girl I knew I recognized that hair! This is NaturalRae from BHM. I sent you a few emails about that MTG. LOL small world foreal.

I'm new on board and have noticed alot of ladies praising the MTG. Had no clue what the product was until I went to the Shapley's website today. I was a little shocked:eek: when I saw that the product was a horse product. I was thinking of getting the trial size to check it out. Upon reading some of your responses I don't know about dealing with the smell:confused: !! My husband practically SLEEPS in my hair, loves the way it smells. Honestly, smell is something that can make me want to try a hair product too. I guess I've been tramatized for all the years growing up smelling burnt grease and fried hair getting mine hot combed:ohwell: .

Catina72 said:
I'm new on board and have noticed alot of ladies praising the MTG. Had no clue what the product was until I went to the Shapley's website today. I was a little shocked:eek: when I saw that the product was a horse product. I was thinking of getting the trial size to check it out. Upon reading some of your responses I don't know about dealing with the smell:confused: !! My husband practically SLEEPS in my hair, loves the way it smells. Honestly, smell is something that can make me want to try a hair product too. I guess I've been tramatized for all the years growing up smelling burnt grease and fried hair getting mine hot combed:ohwell: .

Welcome to the board Catina! Girl it smells like burnt bacon grease and burned honey bbq woodchips. BUT if you mix it up with a few essential oils the smell can be "masked". My favorite is eucaliptus oil. The benefits of MTG are endless if you use it properly and are not allergic to sulphur. Your husband will probably distance himself from you if he isn't used to your hair smelling like bacon. lol but my fiance doesn't seem to be bothered by my concoction. I think wrapping my hair up in a satin scarf helps to mask the smell as well.

DDtexlaxd said:
I love MTG. It is the reason why I decided to go natural. My hair grew so fast with it, that I needed a touch up every 3 weeks. There is one prob that u need to know. MTG does have a distict smell. :lol: I manage to hide the odor by spraying my hair with Surge and using my la india creme mix. My hair is addicted to it because if I don't use it my hair just doesn't look the same. It is all good. Just think of MTG as a more potent version of the mane and tail conditioner. It is safe to use unless you are allergic to sulfur.

Where can I find some la india creme mix I can't find it on the internet???

Back