MTG - Can't comb my hair now!!!

lthomas1

Hair Power!
I have been using MTG for three weeks now and I can not get the comb through certain spots like the crown area of my head. I literally have a twa under my relaxed hair. Not that I am complaining but I wanted to go a full six months relaxer free. I don't know if I am going to make it now! My hair is looking like I ran a serious marathon since I started using MTG. So much new growth that I am only bunning it these day. I look like I am 1 year post relaxer. This stuff really works. My last relaxer was February 2005. I might have to throw in the towel sooner than I expect.

I also want to add that I am getting in alot of sulfur these days between the MTG, and MSM. I take 2000mg in the morning and 1000mg at night. I put my MTG in an old plant sprayer, and spritz my scalp every other day. That may be why I have such a recent boost in hair growth.

Are any of you cutting your stretch time short due to MTG?

Last edited:
Congrat's with the new growth:clapping: .... I do not stretch... But I know after 3 weeks of using MTG.... I could only CW to comb my hair before touch up time... I really don't think you will stretch too long, which is a good thing:yay: ....
Well good luck and keep us posted...
:bud:I love hearing the MTG results:bud:

LadyZ said:
Congrat's with the new growth:clapping: .... I do not stretch... But I know after 3 weeks of using MTG.... I could only CW to comb my hair before touch up time... I really don't think you will stretch too long, which is a good thing:yay: ....
Well good luck and keep us posted...
:bud:I love hearing the MTG results:bud:

Thanks LadyZ. I already had alot of new growth before I started the MTG, but I had not problems with combing my hair. Now, it is like forget it! I just might have to cave in this time and relax my hair by the end of this month.

How do you guys stand the smell? I bought the little sample bottle and I just can’t handle it. I did use it one day and the smell lingers for a week. I was so afraid that people at work could smell it. One day I used the herbal softening spray from Qhemet and my boyfriend said, “your hair smells good”. Another time I got individuals and the lady used an oil sheen that I never use and he asked “do you have on some new fragrance or something, you smell different.” If I put on MTG every other day, I know he would smell something. It’s funny, one day I said, “I hear that a product for horses that has sulfur in it makes hair grow faster”. I just wanted to see what he would say. He said “Doesn’t sulfur stink?!” Dang, I am trying to find an easy way to ease it on him, so that I can take advantage of the MTG, too!!

i want to get it too but i have heard about the bad smell. i know that some ladies here add lavender oil and other EO's to cover the smell.

lthomas1, CONGRATS ON THE GROWTH! I'm happy for ya, wish it was me tho :lol:

gotta order that MTG......

Glad to know it is not just me :eek: I was stretching my relaxer anyway (relaxer mishap) so I started to use the MTG on April 26. Praying that it could help me along on my goal to brastrap. Two weeks later all hell broke out. The new growth got hellish thick to the point that..... :( was no slicking in bun only lots of gel to hold everything in. My original goal was to relax in aug before trip to NY. All that has gone out the window :lachen: if I make to 10 weeks on MTG .... I'll be happy with that.
Just relaxed last night... I am afraid of MTG!!! :eek: Horsey is comin!!

I just started the MTG... I believe the key is to put it in when hair is wet... I added some essentail oils, and today will be second day in wet bun... just added some elasta qp mano butter...

I used MTG from the end of April through to June before my 4 month touchup. So really only a full month. Look at how much extra growth I got from using MTG during this 4 month period compared to the last. The pics are both when damp from washing out the relaxer.

FebJunehg-vi.jpg

wow I am real close to ordering me some MTG....the smell has been discouraging me from getting it. I am constantly around people whetehr friends, BF, family, co-workers, classmates, and I really don't want nobody bustin me out talkin about why you smell Victoria!?

The smell doesn't bother me anymore. I asked a co-worker if she could smell it and she said no. I apply it at night and the smell is gone by the morning.

vikkisecret said:
wow I am real close to ordering me some MTG....the smell has been discouraging me from getting it. I am constantly around people whetehr friends, BF, family, co-workers, classmates, and I really don't want nobody bustin me out talkin about why you smell Victoria!?

Adding the essential oils really does help...not trying to be a pusha or nuttin'... :sekret: :look:

lthomas1, I've had to reduce my original retouch time frame from 12 weeks to 8-10 weeks, just to keep the new growth under control, texture-wise. The differences aren't nuttin nice on this head of hair!

vikkisecret said:
I am with you. Plus I sweat so much I swear my heat makes stuff stink worse.

Qhemet products contain sulfur AND they smell good AND they're made for humans so you might want to try those.

ximenia said:
Qhemet products contain sulfur AND they smell good AND they're made for humans so you might want to try those.

Yes, I agree, Qhemet's stuff is good. My sweetie told me that my hair smelled good when I started using the henna spray.

Also, when I took my cornrows out, my hair was much softer than usual.

ximenia said:

Guys, let's not rehash the horse product thing. :lol: It's people friendly. I hope u start a qhemet thread. Did u get any growth from using it? :sekret: Anyhow, my hair doesn't take relaxers anymore with the mtg. Each time I tried, the hair was like natural the next month. :ohwell: Thus.....I'm transitioning! :grin:

I wear my MTG all the time and nobody even notice that I am wearing a sulfur product. How much are you ladies wearing that the whole planet is telling you (you stink) a little goes a long way. I can bearly smell it. Maybe you should cut down on the amount you are using if you stink from it.

My results are good and I will continue to use it. I am getting really close to waist length and probably will reach it by the end of this year or early next year.

I had my braids in for only six weeks :D I got 1.5 in ! this stuff was making take down my braids before my time was up, and combing the new growth....it was hard but a sista ain't complaining at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The same thing happen to me when I was trying to stretch my texturizer to 6 months but it was just not happening:nono:. My new growth was out of control:eek: that I had to retouch at 4 months. When my hair started to get unmanageable I applied some World of Curls to my new growth which helped for a while but not for long. This is going to be a staple for me:yep: no more Surge.

Jkelly0204 said:
Now i want to try this product. I just have to have it
If you are not sure just get a trial size bottle first to see if you like it. I think it is worth it, but you have to be the judge.

LaNecia said:
Adding the essential oils really does help...not trying to be a pusha or nuttin'... :sekret: :look:

What essential oils are you using to get rid of the smell? I tried lemon, cedarwood, and rose eo. I thought the mixture had a really strong rose scent, others told me it smelled like chemicals (jerricurl). :ohwell: I was thinking of trying Vanilla extract and lavendar. Do you think this would work in knocking out the smell...maybe even smelling pleasant? :confused: :look:

I used the Essential Oils that are in theposts about "proven oils that grow hair"...lavendar, thyme, cedarwood and Rosemary.

It doesn't smell great, but it does squash the smell of the MTG a bit.

Ok, maybe the peppermint oil idea is working after all.

A few weeks ago, I found a half full bottle of ORS hair oil. I filled the rest up with MTG. I could not stand the smell, so it has been in my cabinet since then. Earlier today, I added peppermint oil. I did not have a dropper and my bottle has a wide opening so I could only pour some in. it was about 1/2 teaspoon. I just took a wiff of it and the smell is not so bad! It smell like sulfur 8 or some other kind of medicated grease, which I can deal with.

<unrelated>This morning, I was talking about MTG again with my sweetie, and between his horse jokes, :D he suggested massaging my scalp with it before I wash. Has he been secretly logging onto lhcf?!? I thought that it was funny and sweet that he is trying to be supportive.

I may be able to join the MTG clun after all!

lthomas1 said:
Are any of you cutting your stretch time short due to MTG?

STANDING UP AND RAISING HANDS IN THE AIR! Yes, I am cutting my stretch time short. My first stretch was for 13 weeks (I was SO proud!). But, now, after using MTG for 3 weeks, I have to touch up after an 8 and a half week stretch. I could stretch longer, but I have some events coming up where a bun just won't do and I cannot wear my hair straight anymore without looking like I am wearing a WIG! (my hair is FLOATING over the new growth). Isn't it great to have such a problem? :D

carrie said:
I am with you. Plus I sweat so much I swear my heat makes stuff stink worse.

I was sitting in the gym watching my son's basketball practice and it was sweltering hot and one of the mom's asked me what I had in my hair because it smelled good. It was MTG masked with peppermint e oil. I asked her what she smelled exactly and she said she smelled the peppermint only. My scalp was heated and the MTG mixture was a fresh batch I had done just that morning. So, peppermint oil does work. Don't know about the other eo's.

I got a free bottle of cedar essential oil once. I never used it so I just added some to my little mixture and it smells really good. I know the cedar sounds like I will smell like a forest, but it actually smells nice. I wish I had known that it smelled so good - I would have used it already. I got mine free when I bought several from a lady on ebay, but I found this about it online:
http://www.anandaapothecary.com/aromatherapy-essential-oils/cedar-atlas-essential-oil.html

Anyway, it seems like peppermint is not the only one. This is one we can be creative with.

Back