MTG amazing discovery!

offthechainliz

When i first begin using mtg I was so excited because I began seeing a difference in my hair the first week of use. My hair became thicker and shinier, my only problem was the horrible smell. :( I started getting use to it but people around me like my aunt and this guy I was dating told me my hair smelled horrible! :eek: :nono: so slowly I wavered off of mtg to maybe once every week and a half to two weeks. Well, last night I wanted to make a slick shiny ponytail for my new phonytail and after washing my hair somthing told me to apply mtg to my scalp while it was still wet instead of waiting for it to dry. I then applied my regular leave-ins and serums. this morning not only is my hair shiny but there was NO smell at all. NOTHING!!!! :woot: I was so happy. So i figured after about 3-4 days I'll re-apply and deal with the smell for a couple of days till next wash.

I hope this helps anyone that was going through the same problem with mtg.

Oh really, I just got my MTG. I will be sure to try this when I start using. Do you apply the MTG to your scalp with a applicator bottle or another way?

Thanks for sharing! I also noticed that when I had slightly damp hair the MTG smell went away. Now I will apply to freshly washed hair! Thanks for the tip!:)

The smell does leave by morning. Thank goodness. I've been using it everyother night. I love the sheen and new texture with it. :up: I will see how it reacts on my wet hair next washing.

Thanx for the tip I'm only using mine 1x a week cause the smell is offensive to my bf, but now I'll try your way and see if i can up my use of MTG to 3x a week.

@ mysweetevie: Your hair is so pretty.

Liz25_Ga said:
Oh really, I just got my MTG. I will be sure to try this when I start using. Do you apply the MTG to your scalp with a applicator bottle or another way?

At first, before I bought my applicator bottle I would shake the mtg bottle and fill the cap and apply with my fingertips. (hey, I had to do what I had to do) but now that I have the bottle I apply sparingly cause I little goes a long way. Once when I over applied, I was dripping mtg the whole day. (trust me it was not pretty) :nono:

oh, I also apply a LITTLE amount to my hair and ends. Since I've started mtg my hair has increased in elasticity. While combing my hair wet with a little mtg applied, I barley had any shedding. :yep:

mysweetevie said:
The smell does leave by morning. Thank goodness. I've been using it everyother night. I love the sheen and new texture with it. :up: I will see how it reacts on my wet hair next washing.

ditto :yep:
my texture is definitely softer.

Last edited:
I do this except I don't put Mtg on my scalp, I put it on my hair. After that, I just Surge and add my leave- in conditioner. :) No smell whatsoever. ;)

I was wondering... does anyone with a dry scalp use MTG? I'm thinking about using it but i'm afraid to apply it to my scalp because i have a very dry scalp

Kristenxdollface said:
I was wondering... does anyone with a dry scalp use MTG? I'm thinking about using it but i'm afraid to apply it to my scalp because i have a very dry scalp

I have dry scalp and MTG has helped the condition of my scalp. I also use Kera care dry and itchy scalp shampoo when I see my scalp is getting dry.

I used the MTG on my hair last night and was pleasantly surprized with the waves I saw this morning! Not to mention that the MTG is a great detangler too! I was impressed! It's almost as good as Elasta Mango butter for smoothing, defining and cutting those dang frizzies!

Alli77 said:
I used the MTG on my hair last night and was pleasantly surprized with the waves I saw this morning! Not to mention that the MTG is a great detangler too! I was impressed! It's almost as good as Elasta Mango butter for smoothing, defining and cutting those dang frizzies!

ditoo :yep: After using Mtg, I noticed I really didn't NEED any other leave-in conditioners/ serums (though I used them anyways) my hair had elasticity and my new growth was tamed.

I did my 3 wash last night. still the best no smell hair this morning! My newgrowth also appears to be getting wavier with ease while combing.

I was wondering where the this thread was, because I tried it 3 days ago and it sure does work :grin: i do believe also that it absorbs into the scalp quicker and better leaving no smell, I will now be doing this. Thank you very much, :D .

This was a great suggestion!

MTG works so much better on my hair when wet than dry. I got growth applying MTG to dry hair but I didn't like what it did to the texture. It would feel oily/slippery yet dry - hard to explain. But on wet hair, when my hair dries, its silky.

I'll add in that it does really work to apply when hair is wet. I applied it to my scalp last night with a small pump spray and I didnt smell it at all this morning!!:up:

I commend you all!! :clapping:
i just can't do it. I tried and tried. It's just too stinky for me. I have used it the night before, but I would still get that whiff...MTG is too tough for me!

I am officially back on the wagon. I pulled my half full bottle from under my bathroom sink. I'm hoping for less shedding, thickness and length.

Somebody, PLEASE tell the newbie what MTG is.. Where to get it... and Post a pic if possible. My ttwa is asking for it.

D

jrae said:
This was a great suggestion!

MTG works so much better on my hair when wet than dry. I got growth applying MTG to dry hair but I didn't like what it did to the texture. It would feel oily/slippery yet dry - hard to explain. But on wet hair, when my hair dries, its silky.

omg jrae thats exactly how my hair felt when i removed the cornrows today it was moist yes but dry okay i will use it on wet hair then. thanks girl

Back