Most Fun Or Memorable Feature Of A Wedding You Attended?

Smiley79

I went to a wedding this past weekend that had a photo booth at the reception. That had to be the highlight of the entire wedding. It was so fun with the bride and groom and friends and family and to have a personalized souvenir to take home and keep through the years! If I ever get married, I need one at my reception. What unique, fun or interesting features did you see at a wedding or your wedding?

images

Last edited:
At a wedding I went to with my SO last summer, every table had a brand new wifi digital camera on it. Each table was asked to take as many pictures as they want. The pictures were uploaded via wifi and shown live on a huge projector screen.

It was fun to look up from the dance floor and see yourself on the big screen. Everyone enjoyed it. There was a lot of pointing, smiling, and laughing going on lol.

At the end of the night, they had a raffle to determine who would take home the camera from each table. SO and I didn't win :( But that was such a fun night and the bride and groom got a lot of great pictures of moments their photographer would have never captured.

It wasn't a specific feature but it was a unique theme. This past summer, we went to an interacial marriage - bride was caucasian and the groom was indian. They did an amazon job fusing their cultures into the ceremony and reception

Yea, I had a hard time coming up with the topic title....the word feature tripped me up too, :spinning:, but that was all I could come up with.

I loveeee these ideas so far. You would think I was planning for myself. I'm as single as a dollar bill, so why is it that I love wedding talk is beyond me! :lachen:

Sadly, I haven't been to any weddings with unique features. Everyone is doing candy bars and photo booths now, that's not unique anymore.

I wanted to have a fireworks show at my wedding but couldn't afford it.

i'm still doing a photobooth and a dessert bar. i know they're ubiquitous at this point thanks to pinterest, but I had so much fun at the last wedding i went to with a photobooth. i plan to start our photobooth after a couple hours of open bar for the embarrassing shots! :lol: and i love cakes, chocolates, cookies, etc. the more choices, the happier I am :look:

I'm back with a comment from my wedding...

I don't think I would call it unique but everyone loved.

At the end of the reception we had everyone come out to the beach for a surprise. When they got out there we gave them all sky/floating lanterns to light similar to the the Disney movie, Tangled. It was so much fun!

my family has done the glass case from the floor, camera to take pics and the photobooth

i love weddings i always think all are unique in their own way....:grin:

cheesy but we had an array of things going down at my wedding..we had a red carpet step and repeat so everyone had a chance to take a glam pic upon arrival....our photobooth was moreso a booth where ppl stated funny facts about us as a couple...and it was recorded for us to watch later...we had a confetti drop on our dance floor at the end of the night...and at the beginning of the reception to get everyone in a good time mood we had a couple gift card give aways our MC...would ask the guests questions like what is lux's fav food? what odd habit does mr. lux have? etc etc lol and if the person answered correctly they received a $100 visa giftcard MC was also a comedian so he had the crowd rolling with wedding/married couple jokes...

we just wanted everyone in a good fun moood---weddings can be long and drawn out at times...feet hurting..dress to tight..your gurdle riding up...breaking in new shoes...hungry lol

All the weddings I attended this year were beautiful.

Most memorable:
-Photobooths
-Live Latin American band
-Completely outdoor reception
-After party for 3 hours
-The Wobble <---love this part of the wedding, lolol
-Outdoor ceremonies at dusk

One more wedding this year and none on the horizon till mine next year. Kinda sad about that b/c weddings are great social events haha.

We had a photobooth with fun props that everyone loved.

But the biggest hit was the caricature artist that we hired. The line never died down. Guests got their caricatures drawn and were able to take them home.

Our favors were scratch tickets that said "lucky in love" with our names printed on the envelope with a penny inside. Best part was that the favors were only a dollar. :lol:

At the cocktail reception we had Jones Soda bottles personalized with our engagement pictures on them. No one ended up drinking them, they took them home as favors as well. :yep:

One more wedding this year and none on the horizon till mine next year. Kinda sad about that b/c weddings are great social events haha.

Other than our wedding, we only went to one this year. Wish there would have been more, weddings are a blast!

We have a few family members who look like they are headed that way soon though so hopefully there will be some engagements coming up.:yep:

Our favors were scratch tickets that said "lucky in love" with our names printed on the envelope with a penny inside. Best part was that the favors were only a dollar. :lol:
HairAffair417, can you tell me more about said favors. I am still planning my wedding and need an inexpensive favor idea. :sekret: :yep:

at the beginning of the reception to get everyone in a good time mood we had a couple gift card give aways our MC...would ask the guests questions like what is lux's fav food? what odd habit does mr. lux have? etc etc lol and if the person answered correctly they received a $100 visa giftcard

lux10023, did you buy these gift cards yourself or were they sponsored? Tell us more! :yep:

delitefulmane yep! If I can recall I bought 100 $1 lottery scratch tickets around Valentine's Day because that's when you can the themey type ones ones that maybe have hearts on them or whatever. I also bought the envelopes and had a label made with our monogram, "lucky in love", and our wedding date. I'm anal so I also cleaned the pennies so they would be shiny before I put them in. :look: The end result looked sort of like this. I had the venue place them on folded napkins on the tables.

clear-vellum-envelopes-details.jpg

they were just regular visa gift cards you would find at any retailer

we placed them in a cream colored envelope and had gold lettering mr and mrs lux.... just a little something to keep the vibe going:yep:

HairAffair417, can you tell me more about said favors. I am still planning my wedding and need an inexpensive favor idea. :sekret: :yep:

lux10023, did you buy these gift cards yourself or were they sponsored? Tell us more! :yep:

My best friend had a Mariachi band at her wedding. She's Bahamian and he's African-American so it was very random lol. It's the only request he had for their wedding...she fought for months but eventually gave in :lol:

She also had a dance troupe do the choreography from Coming to America (the Queen-to-be entrance) before they entered the reception hall.

It was so much fun!

Last edited:
Aww y'all been to some fun weddings...I will take notes lol

Photo booths are fun I've experienced it 2x but they were both different
Ive been too so many weddings that only the really romantic or unique ideas stand out

My friend decided to throw a dozen lon stemmed roses instead of her bouquet...it was a symbol we all deserved to be next lol The special rose was blue among the handful of white ones as the lady to get the garter lol Also this said friend had a princess theme wedding and her cake was emerged in a edible horse and carriage Gorg!!

Wedding was on a yacht and when it docked later that evening they had an in and out truck catering
The one that slightly annoyed me was when we showed up it turns out the couple was filming their wedding for a reality tv competition.

Wedding was on a yacht and when it docked later that evening they had an in and out truck catering
The one that slightly annoyed me was when we showed up it turns out the couple was filming their wedding for a reality tv competition.
Hi @fula97 Can you message me details of the yacht wedding if you remember location and line...really interested in looking further into yacht weddings. Thanks!

Most unique and memorable was the one at Martha's Vineyard, the reception was at this gorgeous mansion and they had an amazing live band.

The most fun was my cousin's wedding 13 years ago, it was such a live party!

Back