Most Confused Person in the FORUM!!!

Jhunt-smith

sorry yall.... but i am confused!!!!!! theres so many names for different things i have no idea whats going on.....
1. Whats "co-wash"?
2. Whats ayurveda?
3. Who's "DD"??
((im sure there will be more to come.....))

Co-wash = washing hair with conditioner instead of shampoo

Ayurveda = refers to indian products such as powders and oils that have been used for centuries

DD= i think it refers to daughter

Co-wash stands for conditioner wash. Using conditioner instead of shampoo to wash your hair.

DD- darling daughter
DH- darling husband
SO-significant other

ayurvdea (mispelled) from what I gather is an Indian (from India) method of using certain herbs to care for their hair

Co-wash stands for conditioner wash. Using conditioner instead of shampoo to wash your hair.

DD- darling daughter
DH- darling husband
SO-significant other

ayurvdea (mispelled) from what I gather is an Indian (from India) method of using certain herbs to care for their hair

Listen to her... she is on point!!

Co wash= washing your hair with conditioner. It's just like the process of shampoo washing. Ladies do this to get the benefits of moisture without the stripping effect of using shampoos which typically contain harsh detergents.

Ayurveda: I'm too not familiar with this but I know it involves the practice of using Indian powders and oils.

DD: Dear Daughter
DH: Dear Hubby/Husband

I thought DD = devoted daughter, DH = devoted husband etc but they are all the same pretty much... I am a newbie too!

I thought DD = devoted daughter, DH = devoted husband etc but they are all the same pretty much... I am a newbie too!

That is better than me...at first I thought it was damn daughter=dd or damn husband=dh!:lachen: I was like somebody is really having a bad day!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

LOL!!!! @ damn daughter!!! thats funny.
i MIGHT be able to answer bagging. i think ladies put oils &/or conditioners &/or other leave in stuff and bun it & put a shower cap, or some kind of bag easily concealed, over their bun (or under wigs). this would open pores due to heat & allow the products to penetrate easier and at a larger quantity.
this is just my suspicion

dh,dd,ds are widely used in most forums on the net.
so-significant other or dp-dear partner-
lo-loved one/little one
Ayurvedic-using products from India(herbs, powders, oils) for hair health and growth. Ayurveda also applies to other areas such as skin, etc.
Examples are: henna, indigo, Vatika oil, Amla oil/powder, etc.
Hairveda is one on-line store that sells products incorporating Ayurvedic powders and oils.

dh,dd,ds are widely used in most forums on the net.
so-significant other or dp-dear partner-
lo-loved one/little one
Ayurvedic-using products from India(herbs, powders, oils) for hair health and growth. Ayurveda also applies to other areas such as skin, etc.
Examples are: henna, indigo, Vatika oil, Amla oil/powder, etc.
Hairveda is one on-line store that sells products incorporating Ayurvedic powders and oils.

Wow I didn't know that, I just got a bunch of her stuff last week and should be using it in about 2 weeks or so...cool!

ACV - Apple Cider Vinegar

APL - Arm Pit Length

AO GPB - Aubrey Organics Glycogen Protein Balancer

BC - Big Chop

BSS - Beauty Supply Store

BSL - Bra Strap Length

BTW - By The Way

DB - Deep Brilliance

CD HM - Carol's Daughter Hair Milk

CD HHB - Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter

CD SoMM- Carol’s Daughter Some of Marguerite’s Magic

CON - Crème of Nature

CW - Conditioner Wash

CWC - Conditioner Wash Conditioner

Dusting - cutting appro 1/8 - 1/12 of an inch from your ends to maintian your hair. It can be done to search and destroy split ends or to keep up your trims. Many people consider a trim to be 1-2 inches. When you dust, you dont notice much of a difference. Most scissor happy stylists just cant understand this concept.

EO - Essential Oil

EPO - Evening Primrose Oil

EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

HHG - Happy Hair Growing

HHiaB - Healthy Hair in a Bottle

HTH - Hope This Helps

IMHO - In My Humble Opinion

IMO - In My Opinion

IIRC - If I Remember Correctly

ITA - I Too Agree

LUST - L'oreal Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment

MTG - Shapley's Original 'Mane-Tail-Groom'

NTM - Neutrogena Triple Moisture

NSFW - Not Safe For Work

PJ - Product Junkie

Slip - When the comb glides through the hair (tangle free)

TWA - Teeny Weeny Afro

TIA - Thanks In Advance

WGO - Wild Growth Oil

Baggie Method: http://public.fotki.com/dontspeakdef...gie_technique/

I've been here a minute and still don't know what yall talking about when it comes to "niko's cousin".

The correct phrase is Nikos' cousin. The apostrophe comes after the S since Nikos is the name not Niko.

OK, Nikos' cousin simply means a member of LHCF. Nikos is the genius that keeps this forum running. His name's at the bottom of the screen. Someone just thought it clever that we have a code of IDing each other in public. That if you saw someone you thought was a member of LHCF, you'd walk up to them and ask "Are you Nikos' cousin?" If they say they are, then you know you'd found one of us. If they have no clue what you're talking about, then you're barking up the wrong tree.

The correct phrase is Nikos' cousin. The apostrophe comes after the S since Nikos is the name not Niko.

OK, Nikos' cousin simply means a member of LHCF. Nikos is the genius that keeps this forum running. His name's at the bottom of the screen. Someone just thought it clever that we have a code of IDing each other in public. That if you saw someone you thought was a member of LHCF, you'd walk up to them and ask "Are you Nikos' cousin?" If they say they are, then you know you'd found one of us. If they have no clue what you're talking about, then you're barking up the wrong tree.

Wow, I didn't know that - and I would have been like "who"

funniest stuff ive heard yet!!!! i am going to start doing this to EVERYONE!!!

Back