Moisturizers that leave your hair soft??

Cayenne0622

Hey ladies - I'm looking for a daily moisturizer that leaves your hair feeling soft. I need answers. I have a ton of products but I'm not sure that the moisturizers are doing their job. Help.........please!:wallbash: I'm trying not to lose this battle and I would like to eliminate the small amount of breakage that I have right now.

Last edited:
*Kemi Oyl Conditioning Spray followed by shea butter and Mizani rose hair dress and Some of Margurite's Magic or Sunlsil Anti Poof 24/7 creme when I am doing a phoney pony or bun

When I have a blowout at night I use shea butter mixed with Mizani Rose cream or CD Margurite's Magic.

Basically these are the products I use during Fall and Winter. HTH

I love ORS Olive Oil. Its a little heavy now so I switched to NTM Leave in and my hair has responded much better. Very moisturized and soft.

I really like Vitapointe. I use it just about every day, and it makes my hair feel soft and doesn't weigh it down.

I also like to mix Keracare oil moisturizer with jojoba oil with Keracare essential oils or wgo, but it's not as light as Vitapointe.

Thanks ladies. I went back and read my note and it didn't make any sense. lolol I left several words out so I need to fix it. lolol Anyway, I appreciate the responses.

I still use my stash of Loreal Vive Anti-Frizz leave in (discontinued)
but I am replacing it with
Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Leave in.

Both leave my hair soft and not weighed down or greasy like many of the other good moisturizers tend to do.

ORS Olive oil cream and Motion Oil Moisturizers are 2 that make my hair soft, but oily. I want moisturized and soft to the touch w/o my hand being greasy. The Loreal and Garnier are terrrific and I use either one daily!!

I can finally moisturize daily!!! :D

HoneyDew said:
I still use my stash of Loreal Vive Anti-Frizz leave in (discontinued)
but I am replacing it with
Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Leave in.

Both leave my hair soft and not weighed down or greasy like many of the other good moisturizers tend to do.

ORS Olive oil cream and Motion Oil Moisturizers are 2 that make my hair soft, but oily. I want moisturized and soft to the touch w/o my hand being greasy. The Loreal and Garnier are terrrific and I use either one daily!!

I can finally moisturize daily!!! :D

I was eyeing that GF Sleek and Shine at CVS yesterday...but I resisted my inner PJ. Looks like good stuff, though.

Lol, I used every last moisturizer mentioned here (except Vitapointe) and they all failed for me or either built up:lol: . I know use Suave milk N honey or some other cheapie conditioner and it works perfectly. Also Dove Mist works good too.

preciousjewel76 said:
I was eyeing that GF Sleek and Shine at CVS yesterday...but I resisted my inner PJ. Looks like good stuff, though.

It really is good. I started usign it after doing asearch on the ingredients in the Loreal Vive leave in. That was has been alife saver for me and I am so sad they discontinued it.

The Garnier Sleek and Shine has the same ingredients so I decided to try it. :love:

Garnier has a few other leave-ins but the ingredients are not quite the same, so I am going to stick with the Sleek and Shine.

I hope that one does not discontinue. :(

msbrown76 said:
I really like Vitapointe. I use it just about every day, and it makes my hair feel soft and doesn't weigh it down.

I also like to mix Keracare oil moisturizer with jojoba oil with Keracare essential oils or wgo, but it's not as light as Vitapointe.

I love Vitapointe too, it gets the job done:)

LocksOfLuV said:
Lol, I used every last moisturizer mentioned here (except Vitapointe) and they all failed for me or either built up:lol: . I know use Suave milk N honey or some other cheapie conditioner and it works perfectly. Also Dove Mist works good too.

You need to try it, this is what helped me out when I was complaining about my hair being dry once I reach 7 weeks of stretching. I think DSD recommended it, can't quite remember but anyway it's the bomb and I pull this out once I hit 7 weeks into my stretch:)

Well I'm about to make her broke again....:look: I've tried so many things and I absolutely LOOOOOOOOVE Ann's Hair 2 Heaven Moisture Spritz & Scalp spray! Makes my newgowth easy to comb through, makes my hair cottony soft, and hardly any breakage! It gives me touchitus* though so you gotta keep your hair up!:lol: Her user name is Patient1.

*touchitus: A condition where one cannot cease running one's fingers through one's hair.:lachen:

BTW,

Some of the containers look like this:

1048.jpg

Last edited:
nychaelasymone said:
complete_moisture.jpg

this stuff really works...it leaves your hair moisturized, soft, and shiny. A little really goes a long way!

I bet this is really good! I checked out the ingredients and The 1st few are the same as the moisturizers that work well for my hair.

This one has glycerin, though. If I use any of the the popular products that have glycerin my hair rebels :(.

HoneyDew said:
I bet this is really good! I checked out the ingredients and The 1st few are the same as the moisturizers that work well for my hair.

This one has glycerin, though. If I use any of the the popular products that have glycerin my hair rebels :(.

well...I think we are hair twins (just from my time on the board) and surprisingly, my hair really loves this product. (My hair doens't really like gycerines either)I usually apply a small amount (the size of a pencil eraser) and pin curl. The next day, I just apply some Jojoba oil and go. My hair is so soofffftttt it's crazy.........

If you try it please let me know how it worked for you

Broken record alert! Keracare Creme Headress. Ive used tons of moisturizers. This is the only one that does not build us and leaves my hair soft and moisturized. Aside from the Dry and Itch Scalp shampoo and conditioner, this is my favorite hair product for Keracare.

nychaelasymone said:
complete_moisture.jpg

this stuff really works...it leaves your hair moisturized, soft, and shiny. A little really goes a long way!

here are the ingredients for anyone interested:

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium 10, Methylparaben, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenylpropyl DI Methysiloxysilicate Ethyl, Hydroxyethycellulose, Fragrance, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Betaine, Polyquaternium 11, PEG-8, Sodium PCA, Soribtol, Cetrimonijm Chloride, Trideceth 12, Serine, Glycine, PEG-8/SMDI Copolymer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glutamic Acid, Alanine, Palmitoyl Myristyl Serinate, Oleic Acid, Behenic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Lysine, Arginine, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Threonine, Arachidic Acid, Proline

macherieamour said:
Broken record alert! Keracare Creme Headress. Ive used tons of moisturizers. This is the only one that does not build us and leaves my hair soft and moisturized. Aside from the Dry and Itch Scalp shampoo and conditioner, this is my favorite hair product for Keracare.

I hate that I can never find the ingredients for Keracare products. They are like :sekret:

I guess I will just have to go raid a BSS for it. :)

ETA:

Water, Mineral Oil, Beeswax, Parrafin, Castor Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sodium Borate, Sunflower Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Jojoba Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearic Acid, Acetamide MEA, Polysorbate 60, Zinc Oxide, Simethicone, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT.

Last edited:
Cayenne0622 said:
Hey ladies - I'm looking for a daily moisturizer that leaves your hair feeling soft. I need answers. I have a ton of products but I'm not sure that the moisturizers are doing their job. Help.........please!:wallbash: I'm trying not to lose this battle and I would like to eliminate the small amount of breakage that I have right now.
Qhemet Sidr Tree Butter..its a little heavy but it stops the snap crackle pop! And it keeps your hair soft all day. My hair is very dry right now and it seems to do the best job. I just used Elasta QP Mango butter for the first time and that doesn't seem too shabby, but it may be heavy if you wear your hair down.

LocksOfLuV said:

the suave milk and honey doesnt leave your hair with buildup/residue as it is meant to be rinsed out? I have some of this and I may try it as a leave in. do you just use a small amount?

I love Elasta QP Mango butter. I would recommend using it every other day as it leaves your hair soft enough that you don't need to apply it daily.

The key to any moisturizer for me is not how often I have to apply it, but how well it works.

My all time favorite is this moisturizing mask from The Body Shop that I use as a pre=poo and I sometimes leave it overnight, it's called Brazil Nut, wonderful thing ;)

Whoo hoo!! SO many choices. Okay, I'm going to have to try some of these out. I have the Elasta QP recovery Oil but I only like to use that when I wear my hair down and I use a very small amount. If I use a lot it makes my hair stiff. I suggested to Honey Dew that she try to make her own moisturizer but looks like I should probably take my own advice and experiment with it. I believe this is probably the only way I'll get to use the things I like while eliminating the things I don't like.

THANKS EVERYBODY!!!

JazzyDez said:
the suave milk and honey doesnt leave your hair with buildup/residue as it is meant to be rinsed out? I have some of this and I may try it as a leave in. do you just use a small amount?

Not at all. As a matter of fact, the Suave cheapies are the only moisturizer that hasn't built up on me yet. I use a lot since I am protective styling, but when I wear my hair down I plan on using just a little.

Back