Moisturizers that leave your hair soft??

LocksOfLuV said:
Lol, I used every last moisturizer mentioned here (except Vitapointe) and they all failed for me or either built up:lol: . I know use Suave milk N honey or some other cheapie conditioner and it works perfectly. Also Dove Mist works good too.

Are you talking about this
sheer_moisture_mist.jpg

LocksOfLuV said:
Not at all. As a matter of fact, the Suave cheapies are the only moisturizer that hasn't built up on me yet. I use a lot since I am protective styling, but when I wear my hair down I plan on using just a little.

I find that my hair does better when I use conditioners or leave-in conditioners as moisturizers than the products advertised as moisturizers that contain all the greasy oily ingredients.

I use NTM Silk Touch Leave In. But if you are in need of intense moisture Dudley PCA is my go-to treatment for dry hair.

im shocked no one has mentioned Qhemet Alma & Olive heavy cream....leaves hair soooooo soft and it's not heavy at all for my relaxed hair.

HoneyDew said:
I find that my hair does better when I use conditioners or leave-in conditioners as moisturizers than the products advertised as moisturizers that contain all the greasy oily ingredients.

ITA! It took me a long time to realize that the best thing I can do to moisturize is use water and a good conditioner :p .

macherieamour said:
Broken record alert! Keracare Creme Headress. Ive used tons of moisturizers. This is the only one that does not build us and leaves my hair soft and moisturized. Aside from the Dry and Itch Scalp shampoo and conditioner, this is my favorite hair product for Keracare.

I was just coming in here to say that.

LocksOfLuV said:
Not at all. As a matter of fact, the Suave cheapies are the only moisturizer that hasn't built up on me yet. I use a lot since I am protective styling, but when I wear my hair down I plan on using just a little.

I just tried the milk and honey conditioner as a leave-in yesterday and it made my hair so soft. I haven't noticed any buildup either. The true test would be to see if there is significant buildup after being used daily. Thanks for the tip.

sareca said:
I was just coming in here to say that.
I just bought the keracare creme hairdress and silly enough did not look at the ingredients. I checked them out when I got home and was shocked to see that mineral oil and beeswax were on the top of the list....this product was way too expensive for a 4oz in comparison to the ingredients IMO.

I haven't really used it yet.....I've been turned off by the ingredients.

ETA: I won't completely disregard the product just yet. I haven't tried it so I cant review but I am not in a rush to try it out I have plenty of other products (pj) that I will work on first.

Last edited:
Neutrogena Triple Moisture (NTM) Silk Touch Leave in Cream is the best I have found so far and I have tried soooooo many.

trimbride said:

Africa's Best Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizing Hair Lotion
I just started using this too and I really like it. Not too oily but your hair feels moist and soft when you use it. The ingredients are good too, no mineral oil or petroleum.

JazzyDez said:
I just bought the keracare creme hairdress and silly enough did not look at the ingredients. I checked them out when I got home and was shocked to see that mineral oil and beeswax were on the top of the list....this product was way too expensive for a 4oz in comparison to the ingredients IMO.

ETA: I won't completely disregard the product just yet. I haven't tried it so I cant review but I am not in a rush to try it out I have plenty of other products (pj) that I will work on first.

I hear ya. The ingredients seem troublesome. Ive been using it for months and its made my hair soo soft and not greasy. No dryness, breakage or shedding. Just sharing what worked for me:)

HoneyDew said:
It really is good. I started usign it after doing asearch on the ingredients in the Loreal Vive leave in. That was has been alife saver for me and I am so sad they discontinued it.

The Garnier Sleek and Shine has the same ingredients so I decided to try it. :love:

Garnier has a few other leave-ins but the ingredients are not quite the same, so I am going to stick with the Sleek and Shine.

I hope that one does not discontinue. :(

I bought this today at Target had to buy something could not resist hopefully this hair obession phase shall past with buying products hope am not turning into a product junkie heaven forbid another pj loose.:cool:

HoneyDew said:
It really is good. I started usign it after doing asearch on the ingredients in the Loreal Vive leave in. That was has been alife saver for me and I am so sad they discontinued it.

The Garnier Sleek and Shine has the same ingredients so I decided to try it. :love:

Garnier has a few other leave-ins but the ingredients are not quite the same, so I am going to stick with the Sleek and Shine.

I hope that one does not discontinue. :(

I bought this today at Target had to buy something could not resist hopefully this hair obession phase shall past with buying products hope am not turning into a product junkie heaven forbid another pj loose.:cool:

NTM silk touch leave in makes my hair pretty soft. Also, this isn't really a "moisturizer" but BioSilk Silk Therapy is the best at making freshly flat ironed or rollerset hair super soft!

HighlyFavored1 said:
NTM silk touch leave in makes my hair pretty soft. Also, this isn't really a "moisturizer" but BioSilk Silk Therapy is the best at making freshly flat ironed or rollerset hair super soft!
See...I keep telling myself that I have CHI Silk Infusion so I don't need Silk Therapy (they are made by the same company, Farouk) but I keep wondering if there is any real difference. I've read pretty much only positive reviews for Silk Therapy, but someone who had both in her salon said that if your hair is color-treated or relaxed it would be better to get Silk Infusion. Others have said that if you flat iron, it's better to have Silk Infusion as well. So my question is, have you used both? If so, how do they compare?

I think I'll get Silk Therapy anyway just to see. Yes, I keep trying to justify going out and buying yet another expensive product, lol. I even looked at the ingredients for both and they're pretty much the same except for a couple. Ah well.

s_terry said:
what's the first ingredient sweetascocoa?
Mineral oil.

I wouldnt advise anyone to use biosilk silk therapy it on their hair. It has alcohol and it will dry your hair out eventually. But its your hair :grin:

I agree with the NTM. I just started using this about 2 weeks ago and I was kicking myself in the back side because I hadnt started using it sooner!!

It helps with the texture of new growth as well, ive noticed.

HighlyFavored1 said:

sweetascocoa said:
Mineral oil.

I wouldnt advise anyone to use biosilk silk therapy it on their hair. It has alcohol and it will dry your hair out eventually. But its your hair :grin:
Yeah...I was a little worried about the alcohol in Silk Therapy. I did a search and other people were saying it was drying their hair out in the long run.

But CHI Silk Infusion is alcohol free, so I guess that's one reason why Farouk made it. I also came across someone selling it on Ebay that said: "This is the modern day biosilk silk therapy-both items are made by the same company. They describe it as silk therapy 15 years later. It has no alcohol, which silk therapy does; and it has small, medium, and large silk molecules, where silk therapy only has small. You would put this on your hair wet before blow drying; and can use to touch up spots after dry; especially if you have naturally curly hair."

Thanks. I think I'll pass on Silk Therapy after doing a little more research. I should be happy with my Silk Infusion since it's newer *kicks budding PJ inside*.

Last edited:
JazzyDez said:

Hey Girl, I wanted to update you and tell you that I have been using the Suave conditioner (coconut one) on my flat ironed hair and I am AMAZED at how soft it is keeping my hair not to mention, it is not weighing it down, and I am using it twice a day. I am sealing it with natural jojoba oil and it is fiyah! Girl I def. recommend it.

AtlantaJJ said:
Qhemet Sidr Tree Butter..its a little heavy but it stops the snap crackle pop! And it keeps your hair soft all day. My hair is very dry right now and it seems to do the best job. I just used Elasta QP Mango butter for the first time and that doesn't seem too shabby, but it may be heavy if you wear your hair down.

YUP! :notworthy Qhemt Sidr Tree Butter Balm for me too...It's the TRUTH!
This product is so yummy (not the fragrance, but the feel and look of my hair when I use it) and I even have thin, fine hair! It definitely does it for me!

I have many other moisturizers that work just fine, but I always find myself reaching for the Sidr Tree Butter Balm.

Oh La!

january noir said:
YUP! :notworthy Qhemt Sidr Tree Butter Balm for me too...It's the TRUTH!
This product is so yummy (not the fragrance, but the feel and look of my hair when I use it) and I even have thin, fine hair! It definitely does it for me!

I have many other moisturizers that work just fine, but I always find myself reaching for the Sidr Tree Butter Balm.

Oh La!
where do you get the product?

Currently at night I'm using NTM creamy leave-in on dry hair and then applying my oil mixture (jojoba, olive, avocado, coconut, with a little rosemary) to seal.

Back