MoeGro Challenge!

• Thread starter Thread starter cieramichele
  • Start date Start date
I've read about cayenne used in growth formulas. Thanks for the heads up on your new mix and your growth...... :grin:

How many drops/tsp of each did you add to your mix?

Thanks for sharing w/us...great info.

I was quite heavy handed so I used 8 drops of each.

That's a dangerous amount of rosemary oil. You only need drops not oz. Its an essential oil meaning pure and therefore can cause health problems when not used properly. Please take heed.

Meredith

I am going to start using my creation of the Mo' Gro oil in just over a week. Because I don't know too much about mixing, I am going to cheat a little bit.

Doo Gro Mega Thick Growth Oil (ingredients below) + 1 oz each of the Horsetail and Nettle Extract and 1/4 oz of Rosemary Oil (keeping under the 10:1 ratio of carrier oils to essential oil).

Wish me luck!

Doo Gro Mega Thick Growth Oil Ingredients
Soybean Oil, Soy Methyl Ester, Sweet Almond Oil, Oat Extract, Oat Protein, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, SheaButter Extract, Fragrance, Propylparaben, BHA, Tea Tree Oil, Retinol (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E) Matricaria Extract, Goldenseed Extract, Hops Extract, Soap Bark Extract, Calendula Extract, Henna Extract, Horsetail Plant Extract, Safflower Oil

Thanks! I used about 30 drops... which came up to 5ml... which is about 1/4oz. I used so many conversion calculators, LOL! :yep:

But you are right! According to healthcomm.com, the right proportion is "Essential oil (6 to 10%): 2 drops semisolid or liquid in 1 tablespoon base oil"

So, with 4.5 oz of base oil (9 tablesspoons), I did go over... I'll be sure to use the oil sparingly and watch out for negative effects. eek.

That's a dangerous amount of rosemary oil. You only need drops not oz. Its an essential oil meaning pure and therefore can cause health problems when not used properly. Please take heed.

Meredith

Thanks! I used about 30 drops... which came up to 5ml... which is about 1/4oz. I used so many conversion calculators, LOL! :yep:

But you are right! According to healthcomm.com, the right proportion is "Essential oil (6 to 10%): 2 drops semisolid or liquid in 1 tablespoon base oil"

So, with 4.5 oz of base oil (9 tablesspoons), I did go over... I'll be sure to use the oil sparingly and watch out for negative effects. eek.

Don't feel too bad. I just mixed everything together today and since I only had 4 oz. of Joboba oil (and was too lazy to go to the store :ohwell:), I added 1 oz. of Rosemary oil that I had to make a total of 5 oz. of essential oils. Like you, I will use sparingly and hope for the best!:yep: Somehow, I have a strange feeling that this is going to work great!! Happy Hair Growing!

Okay.... I'm the moe gro. This may be a silly question. Is it okay for the jar to be a lil damp before I put the oils in it?

I'm not a professional or anything, but I don't think this will make a difference at all!:nono:

P.S. Your hair is gorgeous! :yep: It looks so even and shiny. Ok, let us in on your secret? :grin:

My mixture is made. I'm just waiting for it to infuse. I would like to join this challenge when I relax in 2 weeks. That way I can really see if it works.

So let me get this straight... this moe gro mix as shown in the original post plus the nettle has natural ceramides? Anyone using this in place of moisturizer. Don't make me make a new thread to ask this question because I have NO shame. :)

did someone say ceramides?
ya know, here is my brain going again! i bet horetail and nettles could be infused in coconut oil and then used as a seal! is it the herbs that have it or the jojoba oil? in which case we would have to add jojoba to the mix. talk to me ladies. i am in the mood to do some brewin.

did someone say ceramides?
ya know, here is my brain going again! i bet horetail and nettles could be infused in coconut oil and then used as a seal! is it the herbs that have it or the jojoba oil? in which case we would have to add jojoba to the mix. talk to me ladies. i am in the mood to do some brewin.

Somebody posted that there were ceramides and a bunch of other good hair stuff in the nettle. Everyone is posting that it makes their hair softer. So........... I'm thinking it could be used as a moisturizer as well as a growth aid.

off to concoct, a mixture of nettles and horsetail in coconut oil infusion for my next pre - poo! will keep you guys posted on how it goes!

off to concoct, a mixture of nettles and horsetail in coconut oil infusion for my next pre - poo! will keep you guys posted on how it goes! thanks sandy!

Somebody posted that there were ceramides and a bunch of other good hair stuff in the nettle. Everyone is posting that it makes their hair softer. So........... I'm thinking it could be used as a moisturizer as well as a growth aid.

I have been using it as a moisturizer.....:yep:

I have been using it as a moisturizer.....
do you use the powder or the leaves? how do you use it, in an oil infusion or do you mix it into your indian powders? or into your conditioners? can you tell my mind is racing? i think i need to go to bed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokia-Rose
off to concoct, a mixture of nettles and horsetail in coconut oil infusion for my next pre - poo! will keep you guys posted on how it goes! thanks sandy!

Please let us know.
definately. i will let it infuse over the next few days starting it out in my mini crock pot.

do you use the powder or the leaves? how do you use it, in an oil infusion or do you mix it into your indian powders? or into your conditioners? can you tell my mind is racing? i think i need to go to bed...

definately. i will let it infuse over the next few days starting it out in my mini crock pot.

I infuse the leaves in coconut oil, sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, papaya oil and Jojoba oil. I also use, horsetail, rosemary, chamomile, burdock root and nettle root.

Hey I think I found a new discovery.... Lately I have been using the organic aloe gel that has to be refrigerated right. Well, when I would apply it to my scalp it would be cold, and I think that has an effect on it. Between that, and my urge to flat iron all the time, my hair was not taking off as it was in the beginning (breakage+not growing as fast as before). I had to buy some of that 99% organic aloe gel to make some shealoe for someone, and since my organic aloe was done, I just went back to that one which can be left out the fridge. Within the week my hair has already grown. I don't know if it is the temperature or the fact that since it is room temp, the spreadability is improved, but I think that you should apply it room temp. I don't know if you can like, take it out the fridge before you apply it, because I think it may be possible that it will get bacteria (I'm just relating it to food. You don't take food out the fridge and let it get to room temp and then fridge again and then room temp and then fridge again etc so I think the same rule may apply since it is an organic, food grade material). So maybe it would be wise if you are sticking to the original recipe to just get that aloe with slight preservatives. I use the lily of the valley 99% organic one.

I just wish I figured this out before because I wasted a lot of time :nono:

I have stopped using aloe in my mixture. IMO is served no purpose. I have made a new batch now and added rosemary to the mix. My hair has been growing very nicely and is really soft too....:grin:

I've read this whole thread and just wanted to know if anyone has used the contents of horsetail pills instead of the extract? I have several bottles of horsetail pills and was thinking of making this hair oil. If so, how much should I use?

thanks
DMarie

I've read this whole thread and just wanted to know if anyone has used the contents of horsetail pills instead of the extract? I have several bottles of horsetail pills and was thinking of making this hair oil. If so, how much should I use?

thanks
DMarie

is it just dried horsetail in a capsule? If so I think it would be the equivalent to dried horsetail that I am using. I think though when people use the capsules, the oil stains their pillows or something.

I have stopped using aloe in my mixture. IMO is served no purpose. I have made a new batch now and added rosemary to the mix. My hair has been growing very nicely and is really soft too....

Is that you fabiennd? :sekret: Your curls look familiar lol. I had straightened my hair and I didn't want the aloe to make it revert so I tried it without the aloe and it made my scalp have those growing pains. I think the aloe soothes your scalp a little bit and although you still feel it wriggling, it's not so bad as when it's straight oil. I'm happy it's working for you though. Have you been measuring, or you can just eyeball your hair and see it has grown. Probably feels heavier in the shower too lol.

ETA: I see your profile pic...damn girl lol whats with all the name changes. I was like, it would be arms if this wasn't her...and I'm here analyzing your ponytail and everything. CSI: LHCF

Last edited:
is it just dried horsetail in a capsule? If so I think it would be the equivalent to dried horsetail that I am using. I think though when people use the capsules, the oil stains their pillows or something.

Is that you fabiennd? :sekret: Your curls look familiar lol. I had straightened my hair and I didn't want the aloe to make it revert so I tried it without the aloe and it made my scalp have those growing pains. I think the aloe soothes your scalp a little bit and although you still feel it wriggling, it's not so bad as when it's straight oil. I'm happy it's working for you though. Have you been measuring, or you can just eyeball your hair and see it has grown. Probably feels heavier in the shower too lol.

Yeah it's me....:lachen::lachen::lachen:
IMO the aloe made it runny. Plus, it went bad....:nono::nono:. I also added some mint leaves to my mix. I've place my jar on top of the stove so that it can continue to infuse. My grandmother cooks everyday so that's a constant heat source....:blush:

Yeah it's me....:lachen::lachen::lachen:
IMO the aloe made it runny. Plus, it went bad....:nono::nono:. I also added some mint leaves to my mix. I've place my jar on top of the stove so that it can continue to infuse. My grandmother cooks everyday so that's a constant heat source....:blush:

:drunk: @ the fro.... your hair really is growing! I took some pictures a while ago when I hit CBL, but I keep forgetting to upload them. Its so much work. I think I am going to wait until I take another picture and just use it as a comparision shot.

Don't know if I can wait 'til December 15 for a touch-up. Things are wild up there. I will probably go ahead and relax on November 15 or sometime before Thanksgiving. I just had my mother cut 2 inches. I had already trimmed about an inch or so last month. She told me that my hair is growing too fast and that it didn't appear that I had relaxed at all back on August 15th. I tried to convince her that I relaxed straight but she didn't buy it. She stated that somehow I don't know how to do my own hair. :rolleyes:

I should have made a concoction for her!!

Anyway, I made another batch this past weekend. Here were my ingredients:

I infused horsetail, rosemary, chamomile, burdock root and nettle root, and hibiscus in jojoba oil. I'm allowing that to continue to infuse on my window seal for about a week or so. I will pour the oil into my Mega-Tek and continue to apply to my scalp every two days or so. Oh, I also ordered the Gro-Aut oil to add to that concoction. I think it's a good combination. My hair is growing like crazy. I just need to watch the breakage.

Back