Miss Jessie's Salon Visit w/Pics!

allight, so1913, you've convinced me that i need to start saving this summer so i can go and get a good haircut at curve!

ot@ tishee, are you a new natural, cuz maybe you're dealing with scab hair? i've had that in the beginning and NOTHING i've used help with the dryness and hard feeling that was my hair. my hair became more soft as time went on.

jasmine26 said:
allight, so1913, you've convinced me that i need to start saving this summer so i can go and get a good haircut at curve!

ot@ tishee, are you a new natural, cuz maybe you're dealing with scab hair? i've had that in the beginning and NOTHING i've used help with the dryness and hard feeling that was my hair. my hair became more soft as time went on.

:wave: jasmine,

I big chopped Dec. 27th, 2005 and since then my hair has been SO dry. Do you mind telling me what you did doing the time your bc until the scab hair was gone? I suffer from seborrheic dermatitis and I must find a scalp/hair moisturizer that will work to keep it moisturized during the summer but so far no such luck :(.

tishee

not to hijack this thread, but tishee, it sounds like you might have scab hair, i just found out scab hair can last up to 6 months! when i had scab hair, i just kept my hair in braids extensions because my hair was tooo dry and brittle! after i took out the braids, i would just trim little by little. i did this for about 4 months. unfortunately, if u are dealing with scab hair, nothing you use will help with the dryness until your scab hair grows out. but, i think it's good you decided to try the qhemets line its really the best i've found for moisture and softness!

Pretty! And I really love your true "naked" texture too. It's lushious and makes me want to sqeeze and fluff it through my screen. :lol:

Thank you ladies so much for your kind comments! You know how nerve racking getting a hair cut can be. I can't wait to style it on my own so I can compare apples to apples as far as how much was actually cut off, the shape, how it styles, etc. I've been fluffing and shaking all day, lol.

atlien11 said:
HOLY CANOLI! Your album got so many hits!!! Your hair looks awesome :D

Yeah, ya'll put me on "Today's Most Visited Members" list on the Fotki homepage!!! Goodness!

tishee said:
thanks so1913! I hope not...I ordered the QB sample pack just to see how my hair does w/the products. The problem that I am having now is that my hair is extremely dry no matter how much deep conditioning/hot oil treatments I do. Later on today I am going to buy Lekair cholesterol plus and do a deep conditioning treatment tommorrow along w/a coconut milk rinse.

After using mtg I noticed that my hair has broken off in the back :mad: so I will no longer use that. Today, I purchased Suave's citrus smoothie & toasted vanilla sugar conditioners b/c I plan on cw every 2 days starting next week.

On ebay I won nexxus botanic oil that I plan on using as a pre poo treatment & hot oil treatments. My hair sucks out all of the moisture in anything that I put on my scalp/hair by chance do you have any recs for a moisturizer that I could purchase? Sorry for rambling.

tishee

I'm not sure what could be causing so much dryness, Jasmine had a very good response, probably a better one than I could give you. I don't really suffer from dryness and I depend on my conditioners and frequent rinsing to provide moisture. Additional products (butters, creams, etc) are mainly to retain the moisture, add additional shine and to aid in styling. You mentioned that you are doing regular deep conditioning treatments already and I'm assuming that you are applying your moisturzier products to your hair while wet which is what I would suggest. I know you've tried Asha's, Curly Buttercreme is waaaaay too expensive to suggest, and Jane Carter products I think would be too "light" for you condition. Hopefully the Qhemet will provide you the moisture you are looking for. I'm sorry I couldn't come up with a better response :(

so1913 said:
Shampoo used was Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special, followed by Kera Care Hydrating Shampoo and deep treatment with Terax Crema. They have officialy phased out all BBD products (Glass and Stretch). Also used and sold in the salon, Mizani Shyne and Tigi Catwalk styling products (shine products and spritz) I saw a few Bed Head items on some of the stations as well. That's pretty much all I peeped.

Good looking out! That's my girl!

jasmine26 said:
not to hijack this thread, but tishee, it sounds like you might have scab hair, i just found out scab hair can last up to 6 months! when i had scab hair, i just kept my hair in braids extensions because my hair was tooo dry and brittle! after i took out the braids, i would just trim little by little. i did this for about 4 months. unfortunately, if u are dealing with scab hair, nothing you use will help with the dryness until your scab hair grows out. but, i think it's good you decided to try the qhemets line its really the best i've found for moisture and softness!

thanks jasmine! I would love to get braids but my hair isn't that long :( :mad: hopefully, I will be able to get them in june & follow the growing afro long hair regimen. *fingers crossed* there is this girl in my class that has braids and she said that the people that she went to can grab any length of hair.

VERY pretty results SO!

Does it feel heavy or light? Do you think you can get the same results with Glass or Fantasia IC?

One mo' and I'm gonna quit:lol: : why have they phased out BBD products from Miss Jessie's?

SO1913, I don't know how I missed this thread! Your hair looks great! I agree, that I like fluffier hair too, but the cut looks really nice! :yep:

ayanapooh said:
SO1913, I don't know how I missed this thread! Your hair looks great! I agree, that I like fluffier hair too, but the cut looks really nice! :yep:

Yep, my hair is back to normal now ;)

Last edited:
onepraying said:
VERY pretty results SO!

Does it feel heavy or light? Do you think you can get the same results with Glass or Fantasia IC?

One mo' and I'm gonna quit:lol: : why have they phased out BBD products from Miss Jessie's?

Surprisingly, it felt very light, once the pudding dries, your hair doesn't feel full of product at all. It was very soft, but too "silky" and flat for my liking, at least with the current length and cut of my hair. I'd have to try the shingling method the exact same way to determine if the effects using the other products would be the same. My feeling off hand is the the CP will provide softer results than Glass or Fantasia.

They phased out Glass because they created Curly Pudding, and Stretch was phased out (from what my manager told me) because although it worked and people liked it, some people felt the need to follow up with a secondary conditioner which was an extra step for some(I don't find a need to use a second conditioner).

Last edited:
Back