MHM Hangout

Yes yo

I am assuming you are following Pinkecubes method. If so, Yes you clarify with the ACV every wash day. You will do it for the 7 straight days and then it is the first step when you wash every 3 days.
Ok good. I figured that but I was like am I really clarifying my hair daily for this? OK, just waiting for my clay. Bought 1 pound of rhassoul from an Indian seller on Amazon. I hope it's decent quality. I plan to do this for a full 7 days straight. I'll make my mixes and everything for the full week so I don't have to spend time doing it every night for the week.

Then after the week I'll most likely do twice a week every other week because I think I'll be straightening my hair. I still haven't figured out if I want to straighten every 2 weeks or every few months when I trim. But that's for a different thread. I'll come back and post before and after pictures after I finish the full week.

I think you will be pleased with the analysis. It will at least give you definititive answers about your hair.

My referral code is I1K46I
Thanks again for the code @faithVA , what are the first and last characters of the code? I know it's not the #1, are they lower case 'L'?

I just did the porosity test several times and then came here to post my findings not knowing that was the topic of the day!

I tested 3 strands for 5 minutes each. 2 floated at the top while 1 sank immediately. I did them again and the 1 that sank immediately floated in the middle, 1 floated on top aND the other is sitting at the bottom.
I concluded the glass of water test is a huge joke and cannot be relied upon. I still don't know my hair's porosity and don't know what products definitively work or don't work. I'm screwe...I am going to purchase the hair analysis. Does anyone have a coupon code I can borrow?

I had both characteristics of high porosity and low porosity hair. Turns out I have normal porosity hair. How I concluded that I did? I took a strand of my hair and went down the hair shaft and it was smooth. Then I went the opposit way and it was rough. If it's rough both ways that means you have high porosity. Of its smooth both ways that means you have low porosity. That's any easy way to tell. Make sure your hair is freshly washed with no product on it

Hey ladies! Quick question. I want to start mud washing again but the last time I did it, it made my bleached hair feel "relaxed". Did it strip away all the protein I put into it? I'm afraid to try it again because I just got my damaged ends on track but I'm seeing you ladies are mud washing over color. Has anyone experience this as well?

Hey ladies! Quick question. I want to start mud washing again but the last time I did it, it made my bleached hair feel "relaxed". Did it strip away all the protein I put into it? I'm afraid to try it again because I just got my damaged ends on track but I'm seeing you ladies are mud washing over color. Has anyone experience this as well?

No, I haven't had that experience. What kind of clay are you using. I recently switched to using Rhassoul clay b/c it is a lot gentler on my hair.

No, I haven't had that experience. What kind of clay are you using. I recently switched to using Rhassoul clay b/c it is a lot gentler on my hair.

I'm using the bentonite clear I got for clarifying hair. I heard rhoussal is more for deep conditioning but it's not easy to find so I didn't purchase it

I'm using the bentonite clear I got for clarifying hair. I heard rhoussal is more for deep conditioning but it's not easy to find so I didn't purchase it
I'm not sure what you mean by it felt relaxed but you may want to switch to the rhassoul clay. If your hair is bleached, you need your clay to be more moisturizing. It's also very likely with the bleach your hair is porous. The calcium bentonite may be way to harsh and making your hair more porous.

I'm not sure what you mean by it felt relaxed but you may want to switch to the rhassoul clay. If your hair is bleached, you need your clay to be more moisturizing. It's also very likely with the bleach your hair is porous. The calcium bentonite may be way to harsh and making your hair more porous.

Thank you! So the rhoussal is much better and will allow me to clean it while moisturizing? Right now I use a cleansing conditioner but I needed something to clarify with when needed and so far I've been using KCCC but I feel it's a bit too harsh

Thank you! So the rhoussal is much better and will allow me to clean it while moisturizing? Right now I use a cleansing conditioner but I needed something to clarify with when needed and so far I've been using KCCC but I feel it's a bit too harsh
I think the rhassoul is better especially if the hair is chemically treated. You can always try mixing the two to get the right mix for yourself. But for a lot of hair calcium bentonite can strip the hair and just make it too dry over time.

I currently use 4T rhassoul with 1 T calcium bentonite. For me it cleanses well but it still leaves my hair feeling moisturized.

I think the rhassoul is better especially if the hair is chemically treated. You can always try mixing the two to get the right mix for yourself. But for a lot of hair calcium bentonite can strip the hair and just make it too dry over time.

I currently use 4T rhassoul with 1 T calcium bentonite. For me it cleanses well but it still leaves my hair feeling moisturized.

Where do you purchase your rhoussal clay?

I thinking about trying different approved conditioners. I think I'm going to try the kinky curly stuff and the trader joe's conditioner. I used trader joe's before and I didn't really like it too much. But I think I tried it when I was relaxed.

Does anyone use this two conditioners as a leave-in? Do ya'll get any white flakes or a lot of buildup?

I use tressume as a leave-in and I love it.

I thinking about trying different approved conditioners. I think I'm going to try the kinky curly stuff and the trader joe's conditioner. I used trader joe's before and I didn't really like it too much. But I think I tried it when I was relaxed.

Does anyone use this two conditioners as a leave-in? Do ya'll get any white flakes or a lot of buildup?

I use tressume as a leave-in and I love it.

I use kinky curly not at full strength though more like 25% conditioner to 75% water so nope no flakes nor build up

Water rinsed and then clay washed my hair today. I used a mix of rhassoul, c.bentonite, SAA, steeped marshmallow root and hibiscus, water and milk.

After a thorough rinse, I oiled my hair with grapeseed, jojoba, and sunflower oil on my ends and embraced the steam as I showered.

Wetting my head on the way out of the shower, I gelled and dusted about 5mm from my ends (coil by coil). The top third is braided and clipped up with the rest in my new puff cuff (which- on first wear- feels really comfortable).

I'm finished with my 7 days. So I've done an extreme modified version I guess.

First, I used rhassoul clay instead of bentonite because i was worried about all of the complaints about the hair feeling extra dry. I put avj and sweet almond oil with water in my clay. It is so difficult for me to get the clay into my hair in and actually clump. I know you're not supposed to do this but I pulled my hair back instead of doing the sections for clumping. This is probably the reason my hair seems a little straighter/smoother than usual. I use heat so my pattern was already looser

When I rinsed and uses the watered down conditioner mix which for me was whatever I had on hand mixed with water my curls were shiny and bouncy. I didn't wash and go but I did apply a gel so I could style.

I won't post pics because my hair didn't get the desired result when you follow mhm strictly-which wasn't something I was particularly invested in. I just wanted more moisturized hair. And I wanted it to feel moisturized.

Overall my hair is smooth, extra shiny, moisturized and really really easy to style. I think clay is going to be a staple to my regimen along with acv and avj. I don't know why I never tried any of these before. I'm very happy with the way my hair feels.

I use kinky curly not at full strength though more like 25% conditioner to 75% water so nope no flakes nor build up

Me too, I love the diluted version of KC not today. I use about a similar dilution. I also dilute KCCC - 1:1. I like my clay the consistency that will pour out of a squeeze bottle.

Me too, I love the diluted version of KC not today. I use about a similar dilution. I also dilute KCCC - 1:1. I like my clay the consistency that will pour out of a squeeze bottle.

I have never thought of diluting gel but it makes sense because after I apply the gel I dunk my head under water to get the product through.
Thanks I am going to try it!

I have been doing hot yoga for the past couple of weeks and my hair has been super dry. I think all the humidity and hot air just sucks the moisture from my hair. Generally when my hair is dry the pre-poo with conditioner overnight keeps it supple but this time that did not work. After reviewing the threads I recalled Chicoro (sp?) pre-poo option so I decided to do it and tweak it a bit. I took water, oil (JBCO, Apricot) and aloe in a 50/25/25 ratio and mixed that in a bottle. Then I applied anita grants creamy latte over that but a bag on with a sock to keep the oil from dripping everywhere. The next morning I co-washed with Jessicurl Too Shea condish and did a clay wash with pink clay then used watered down KCKT and UFD gel.

It was like my hair was back no more dryness. The best part was it has had a lasting effect because it has been about 4 days since I did it and I have been to hot yoga and worked out and all I have done is spritz my scalp with tea tree and peppermint water then sprayed my hair was rose water and a little spray shine and my hair is still soft.

Hopefully if anyone else is suffering from dryness this could be an option
Here is the link to the real recipe https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/you-need-a-moisture-drenched-pre-poo.509482/

Is anyone using the Terra Veda Organix low porosity kit? If so can you give me a quick review. It is on sale until 3/23.
I am. For the most part I like it and will probably continue to use items from the kit. It makes my hair extremely manageable so much so that I can comb through my 4b hair with no problem. It is very well balanced. Usually if I baggy with anything overnight my scalp is irritated. I can wear the carmeltini for hours with no reaction.

I don't have additional curl definition with it though. My hair looks the same as it did before I started using it. The product ts are very gentle though.

What else would you like to know?

I am. For the most part I like it and will probably continue to use items from the kit.

What else would you like to know?

Are you following every step in the kit? Disappointed to hear about the curled definition, are you saying that the styler does not add any curl definition?

Are you following every step in the kit? Disappointed to hear about the curled definition, are you saying that the styler does not add any curl definition?

I followed the steps the 1st two months. After that I switched from permanent color to semi-permanent so I had to switch up a bit. Once a week I use the cowash, leave-in and styler. I use the carmeltini once a month. I had to stop using the mud because it pulls the color from my hair. That really is a good thing because it means she makes a high quality mud.

I can't blame the lack of curl definition on her product. NOTHING has given my hair curl definition. My hair has no real definition after cleansing.

If you have seen some definition doing MHM than the product may work well for you. I would not use my head as an example :lol:

Why are you considering buying the product?

Water rinsed my hair tonight, then followed with a clay mix of rhassoul, calcium bentonite, amla powder, SAA, the liquid from steeped marshmallow root and hibiscus, and milk.

I oiled with wheatgerm (length) and sunflower (ends), steamed, rinsed and gelled with diluted KCCC. I also mixed in a little of the steeped tea to lower the pH- been doing this for a little while and I think it smoothes my hair a little more, compared to just KCCC and water.

I want to use products that compliment and have a reliable system when I travel. I get curl definition best with KCCC.

Did you buy it?

The products definitely compliment each other and they are probably reliable. You can still use whatever gel you want.

Back