MHM Hangout

By any chance, is this an similar alternative to Rhassoul clay? Im trying to avoid having to make an online purchase. I have already tried Bentonite clay in the past, however I hear that Rhassoul could be even better for my hair. Unfortunately, I haven't seen in my area.
upload_2016-4-8_12-41-12.jpeg

By any chance, is this an similar alternative to Rhassoul clay? Im trying to avoid having to make an online purchase. I have already tried Bentonite clay in the past, however I hear that Rhassoul could be even better for my hair. Unfortunately, I haven't seen in my area.
View attachment 357081
I think someone said this was the same as rhassoul.

Go ahead and try it to see if you like it. But if you decide you want more rhassoul get it online to save money. It's going to be hard to find it on the ground.

View attachment 357081

My rhassoul clay (kind of taupe/ brown coloured) is labelled as Moroccan, so yeah it should be the same thing.

Has anyone has any issues with using clay on their dyed hair? I am thinking about applying a black rinse to my hair but I'm not sure as of yet.

Has anyone has any issues with using clay on their dyed hair? I am thinking about applying a black rinse to my hair but I'm not sure as of yet.
I use my clay before I use the rinse. And I only use it the same day I color. My color doesn't last very long anyway so I try to avoid anything that will cause color bleed.

All that time at the beginning of trying MHM when my scalp was so dreadfully itchy, I was thinking I did something wrong or was using the wrong clay or wasn't rinsing well enough or that my wet hair was suffocating my scalp or something. Nuh-uh. :mad:
Yesterday I washed per usual, did my protein & used the conditioner I was using when I started MHM: the Crece Pelo conditioner. My scalp is NOT happy. I'm not supposed to wash again so soon but I am definitely doing a mid-week rinse.

All that time at the beginning of trying MHM when my scalp was so dreadfully itchy, I was thinking I did something wrong or was using the wrong clay or wasn't rinsing well enough or that my wet hair was suffocating my scalp or something. Nuh-uh. :mad:
Yesterday I washed per usual, did my protein & used the conditioner I was using when I started MHM: the Crece Pelo conditioner. My scalp is NOT happy. I'm not supposed to wash again so soon but I am definitely doing a mid-week rinse.
Glad you were able to narrow it down. Do you know what's in it that you may be having a reaction to?

I'm thinking it has to be one of these extracts: Laurel, nettle, arnica, bardana, watercress, calendula, ivy, manzanilla, lemon, pine, Romero, capuchina, salvia, tioxolona, milk of cotton, fibro activates.

@tashboog just wanted to know if you ever got around to trying out the teraveda hipo? Thinking of picking it up soon.
@kodochax I did try the terra veda hi po but I didn't use it long enough to make any conclusion. Since I'm currently protective styling, my plan is to revisit it again in July. I do think they are good products and I know that @faithVA have tried the low po one with pretty good results. Go ahead and give it a try. The owner does a really good job answering your questions. She will try to find the best combination for your hair if you find out that one of the products doesn't agree with your hair. I do like the fact that I don't have to make my own stuff which is good for a lazy person like myself :giggle:.

I haven't had any issues with using clay on my dyed hair. However, my hair color is permanent. The clay might effect a semi-perm.

Are you doing anything differently? Or is it just time?

I do an apple cider vinegar rinse sit for 20 min. Then wash out.
Then kinky curly knot today wash that out
Terressentials mud wash sit for 30 min. Then wash out.
While the hair is soaking wet I use the praying hands method and apply KCNT. (Lots of it)
Then I use KCCC.
That's it!

Here's another pic

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 82
I do an apple cider vinegar rinse sit for 20 min. Then wash out.
Then kinky curly knot today wash that out
Terressentials mud wash sit for 30 min. Then wash out.
While the hair is soaking wet I use the praying hands method and apply KCNT. (Lots of it)
Then I use KCCC.
That's it!

Here's another pic
Cool so you are doing the original. I'm glad it is working for you and you are getting good results.

I DCd overnight with AO White Camellia (undiluted) and coconut oil on roots and ends, all wrapped in clingfilm. This morning, when I removed the clingfilm, the product had adsorbed and my hair felt soft and defined.

Currently sitting with clay- c.bentonite, rhassoul, coconut water, steeped hibiscus and marshmallow root, water and SAA.

Hey everybody!

So, I just wanted to update on what's going on with my hair. I had two years worth of hair (long transition) but then I cut it all off to get a tapered cut last summer. (still annoyed I did that btw) By August, the back was still too short to catch for cornrowing, so I went on a personal PS challenge. Since then, I've been in wigs and crochet braids. I did my most recent set... hmm, let me think, the day Scalia died actually. I would say it's been approximately two months.

Now, I'm not one of those who take care of their hair under an install. I put it in and leave it the heck alone. :lol: One thing, my sebum is popping. I think I could go water-only. I don't want to, but I could. Second, when I took my hair out, it felt TOO soft, like, weird. So I shampooed and used Aphogee 2 min for about 15 min, dc'd, etc. My method of benign neglect works because I go a week between installs, MHM'ing everyday like I just started, get my moisture/ protein levels straight, and re-install. On day 2 of my loose hair week, I did a Cherry Lola treatment (and the rest of the reggie in order). Already, my hair is revived. The first night, my hair very very strange, almost like it felt when I was relaxed. 'Coated', maybe? Anyway, I'm bringing it back, coilies popping. :lol: I actually need to do my hair this weekend (bday coming up :yay:), so I'll MHM everyday for three more days (for a total of five) and then do my hair on Sunday.

Oh, and the back of my hair that was too short to catch is now SL. :up:

I don't know how much I'll be around, but I just wanted to give a special Taurus shout out to @faithVA. :cake: :kiss:

Hey everybody!

So, I just wanted to update on what's going on with my hair. I had two years worth of hair (long transition) but then I cut it all off to get a tapered cut last summer. (still annoyed I did that btw) By August, the back was still too short to catch for cornrowing, so I went on a personal PS challenge. Since then, I've been in wigs and crochet braids. I did my most recent set... hmm, let me think, the day Scalia died actually. I would say it's been approximately two months.

Now, I'm not one of those who take care of their hair under an install. I put it in and leave it the heck alone. :lol: One thing, my sebum is popping. I think I could go water-only. I don't want to, but I could. Second, when I took my hair out, it felt TOO soft, like, weird. So I shampooed and used Aphogee 2 min for about 15 min, dc'd, etc. My method of benign neglect works because I go a week between installs, MHM'ing everyday like I just started, get my moisture/ protein levels straight, and re-install. On day 2 of my loose hair week, I did a Cherry Lola treatment (and the rest of the reggie in order). Already, my hair is revived. The first night, my hair very very strange, almost like it felt when I was relaxed. 'Coated', maybe? Anyway, I'm bringing it back, coilies popping. :lol: I actually need to do my hair this weekend (bday coming up :yay:), so I'll MHM everyday for three more days (for a total of five) and then do my hair on Sunday.

Oh, and the back of my hair that was too short to catch is now SL. :up:

I don't know how much I'll be around, but I just wanted to give a special Taurus shout out to @faithVA. :cake: :kiss:
Happy Birthday Taurean. Enjoy your birthday.
:birthday3:

Don't be too wild out there. The stories I've heard made me blush :lol:

I don't do MHM consistently anymore since I started doing color rinses. I do it now only right before I do a rinse if I don't use shampoo. Moreso due to the length of my hair and the shrinkage I've given up the wng idea. Even at this length it would shrink down to an ugly misshaped fro. :ohwell:

This is my hair now after a protein treatment, an overnight carmeltini and a mudwash. It's coming along.

IMG_20160430_104357819.jpg

I've been wigging it but today I did the following:
Baking Soda and Cond wash
Millcreek Keratin Protein cond
Deep Raspberry Moisturize Condtioner
Clay (Bentonite and Rhassoul mix)
KCKT
Camille Rose Moisturizer
Grapeseed and Avocado Oil

I cornrowed my hair but it felt strong and heavy after. I can't continue all steps so I think I'll do a midweek wash with clay and then follow the remainder of the steps minus the protein.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I've been relatively consistent with my regimen as I only/mainly wear wngs and it's the only way I know how to wear my hair out and avoid tangles.

After a good few months of not using baking soda, a decline in my wash days- I went from every 2-3 days to mainly once a week, and using henna for colour, my hair started to feel like it wasn't retaining moisture as well as it had been. I wasn't diluting or warming conditioner with every use and I just needed to reset.

I added 2 level teaspoons of baking soda to 2oz of Afrotastic Curl Elastic and diluted with 5-6oz of warm water, squeezed and smoothed that through my hair and left on for 30mins in total. No tangly hair like the last time I used BS. I followed that with a clay mix (I've gone back to a thick milkshake/ batter consistency).

After rinsing, I oiled with grapeseed and rinsed lightly before leaving the shower. Then layered my ends lightly with shea butter before shingling with diluted KCCC. My hair feels soft and looks defined. Scalp feels good.

Hi, I am late to the party but I realized I have done all of these steps over the years but never together. My hair is flat ironed right now and I want to start with the Cherry Lola treatment. Can I do an ACV rinse first then do the cherry lola? Or just wash with KC come clean then cherry lola. My hair loves the ACV rinse and I usually do that coming out of a straight style. Also I will probably use my Mielle Organics deep conditioner and leave in since my hair seems to love it so much.

Hi, I am late to the party but I realized I have done all of these steps over the years but never together. My hair is flat ironed right now and I want to start with the Cherry Lola treatment. Can I do an ACV rinse first then do the cherry lola? Or just wash with KC come clean then cherry lola. My hair loves the ACV rinse and I usually do that coming out of a straight style. Also I will probably use my Mielle Organics deep conditioner and leave in since my hair seems to love it so much.
@cocoma The original MHM says if you do the Cherry Lola treatment then skip the ACV or baking soda step until your next wash. I wouldn't recommend doing the ACV rinse first. You can apply the Cherry Lola treatment to your straight hair style and on dirty hair. The treatment on the website already contains ACV. Use that recipe for the Cherry Lola treatment. Then proceed to step 3 which is the deep conditioning your hair step. HTH :grin:.

Back