MHM Hangout

Just hit reply on the person's post. I spent about a half an hr yesterday trying to figure it out then I said let me see what happens when I hit reply :).

Thanks! Now, I'm trying to figure out this siggie thing. I can upload gif's and media content as my siggie; but I can't seem to upload any pics in my siggie.

I am having fun figuring all this out though:)

I'm back from hiatus, y'all. Officially re-starting the regimen tonight. :yawn: I've been mixing bits and pieces of it into a regular shampoo/ cond reggie (ie, clay masks, CLT) and getting decent definition. My issues are ssk's and shrinkage. If my hair was slightly heavier, it would be the bomb, so here we go... for real this time.

However. :look: I've been buying a lot of (non-approved) products and I fully intend to use them, so MHM is gon hafta get down or lay down. :cool:

I don't know what I've been doing for the past few washes, so I won't try to go back and update. Last night I did a mud wash with sodium bentonite, acv, water, half n half and a little evoo. I applied it, combed through with my wide tooth comb and then my smaller comb and let it sit a few minutes and rinsed. I'm back to combing for now because I really don't feel like spending a lot of time separating curls, especially since I'm not planning on wearing a wng.

Then I put a little oil on my hair and put in 2 strand twists using kccc. I'm going to wear these until Sunday. If they last I'm going to try doing a water rinse with the twist in and see if I can make them last a week.

I'm still waiting on my calcium bentonite from Vitamin Shoppe. You ladies bought up the store and everything is on back order.:lachen:

@Honey Bee so are all of your relaxed ends gone? So are you now officially natural? Do you have any pics of your new natchal hair?
YAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS chile! :lachen:

(Where's the dancing banana? I need the dancing banana.)

I have no pitchas. :( The main light in the bathroom died, so we gotta get a bulb, climb 8ft up, and change it. I'm taking showers in dim light, y'all, it's real out here.:cry3:

Thanks y'all for the compliment on the pics!! I wasn't sure if that braid out lived up the fabulous curls I've seen on this thread:) I actually cut 4 inches to get this bob type look. Considering the density of my hair, I'm actually glad I did it, especially as it was this funky shape- really long in the back compared to the front.

The shine I believe is from the hydration and the flaxseed/okra gel.

FaithVA, I meant to say, I'm high density- but LO porosity, so that's why I was thinking of doing a weekly CLCT to see if I can get zero breakage.

@nycutiepie I don't usually install curlformers to actually wear the set but to stretch my hair so that I can wear a bun. However, I do have a pic from 2 weeks ago when I wore the actual set. I'll post it once I figure out how to on this new layout :rolleyes:.
This looks cute and a style I think I can wear. What products did you use to set the style after you washed out whatever clay or step you finished? Also, did you air dry or under the hair dryer? Sorry for all the questions but my hair is getting longer and I'm thinking about taking off my wig and revealing the natural me.

It's hair washing day for me as well. I think I washed on Sunday. I'm enjoying the ease. I wash, put my hair up and do nothing for 3 days.

I'm doing the modified regimen tonight. I have some old leftover clay. Hopefully I can do my whole head with that. I picked up a little bottle of milk from the hotel when I went out of town. I'm going to make ice cubes out of it and then use it in my clay. I also picked up some half n half coffee creamers. I'm going to try that out as well.

I'm not bothering with wng's right now. And I'm back to combing my hair with a large tooth comb just because it takes less time. For some reason I'm always doing my hair at the last minute.

ry heavy cream it has a fat content of 36 and a long shelf life. I have tried it and like it.

I have been getting three day hair by using activator under gel. I follow the oringinal routine every three days with approved productes but I get such good results with activator and non-approved gels. I hope that during the whole regimen every three days will prevent damage from the gels.

YAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS chile! :lachen:

(Where's the dancing banana? I need the dancing banana.)

I have no pitchas. :( The main light in the bathroom died, so we gotta get a bulb, climb 8ft up, and change it. I'm taking showers in dim light, y'all, it's real out here.:cry3:
Congratulations on your new natural journey :). You're already ahead of the game by doing MHM during your transition. When you get that light fix please please post a pic.

This looks cute and a style I think I can wear. What products did you use to set the style after you washed out whatever clay or step you finished? Also, did you air dry or under the hair dryer? Sorry for all the questions but my hair is getting longer and I'm thinking about taking off my wig and revealing the natural me.
After I rinsed out my clay mix I applied diluted avj since I'm high po then I used Blueroze flax gel cream and installed the curlformers then if my hair dried out I sprayed with more diluted avj. My hair dries out quickly since I'm high po. I did sit under the dryer on cool and low setting for 30 min then air dried but normally I air dry my sets.

I think you should take ur wig off and wear your natural hair. I was in wigs for 6 months and when I wore my real hair my coworkers still thought I was wearing my wigs :lachen:.

Water rinsed this morning and thought I'd finish up my diluted Beautiful Curls gel. The gel just would not absorb into my hair in some places and I've used this gel with success before. I used a little sweet almond oil underneath so wondering if that was it. I only did it because BC makes my hair a little too crunchy. Anyway, my hair looked terrible so I washed it out and used Hello Curly. I'm discovering that my hair loves to be naked before adding gel. No leave-in, no oils, nothing. Btw I'm still trying to upload pics. I've tried every way imaginable, or at least I think I did, and it won't work :(

I tried something different tonight. I was feeling lazy. I made my clay into a thick paste and put it on my hair dry. Then I got in the shower and washed my hair with the clay. I detangled after I washed the clay out under warm water.

Then I decided to do an ACV/EVOO rinse and my hair did not like it. I should have known my lo po hair didn't need it. It felt tangly and coated, so much so that I actually did a quick Baking soda/water rinse, then a cold water rinse and put on my flaxseed/okra gel.

I lost a little definition from not doing the clay for almost a week, but it was looking better when I first washed out the clay. Adding the ACV afterwards was just like putting on conditioner for me and declumped my hair.

Looking forward to a CLCT followed by a real clay treatment tomorrow or Saturday.

Well it's about that time for me to do another CLCT. I took my treatment out of the freezer last night and I'll add my baking soda and ACV before applying. My next protein treatment will be a real one since I'm high porosity. If I don't use hydrolyzed protein every 4 weeks then my hair will get too soft and stretchy with all this moisture that we get from MHM. So if there are any other high po ladies doing this regimen please be advised that CLCT may not be enough protein for our hair.

After I rinsed out my clay mix I applied diluted avj since I'm high po then I used Blueroze flax gel cream and installed the curlformers then if my hair dried out I sprayed with more diluted avj. My hair dries out quickly since I'm high po. I did sit under the dryer on cool and low setting for 30 min then air dried but normally I air dry my sets.

I think you should take ur wig off and wear your natural hair. I was in wigs for 6 months and when I wore my real hair my coworkers still thought I was wearing my wigs :lachen:.
I'm gonna be brave and do it soon. That's funny about your coworkers.

Thanks y'all for the compliment on the pics!! I wasn't sure if that braid out lived up the fabulous curls I've seen on this thread:) I actually cut 4 inches to get this bob type look. Considering the density of my hair, I'm actually glad I did it, especially as it was this funky shape- really long in the back compared to the front.

The shine I believe is from the hydration and the flaxseed/okra gel.

FaithVA, I meant to say, I'm high density- but LO porosity, so that's why I was thinking of doing a weekly CLCT to see if I can get zero breakage.

I'm not a big fan of overdoing anything. I would recommend trying to figure out why you are getting breakage and fixing the cause. If your hair needs more moisture then switch your clay. If your hair needs more protein then use a protein treatment. If neither then really narrow down the breakage. Doing clct more often is probably not fixing the true issue but covering it up.

And if you aren't getting excessive breakage then just monitor it. I wouldn't get super concerned about some breakage.

I think I'm gonna try the modified method today. It's just clay and then gel, right?

Yes. But if you have been doing the regular method for a while, you may want to use bentonite for your clay step if you have it. You will need a few washes to strip the conditioner from your hair.

I got home from work to find my protein conditioner waiting for me...only to open the package and discover it's the wrong one!:cry3:

Instead, I received Jojoba Farms ( I think a Mill Creek subsidery). I was concerned as I read through the ingredients on the bottle. When I reached the 'parabens and quaternium-15 I knew I'd made a dud purchase:(.

I've reordered the (hopefully) correct one just now.

I've decided that although my results are good and the overall condition of my hair seems ok, I will probably use conditioner (non protein) on my next wash. Just to see how both results really compare.

I got home from work to find my protein conditioner waiting for me...only to open the package and discover it's the wrong one!:cry3:

Instead, I received Jojoba Farms ( I think a Mill Creek subsidery). I was concerned as I read through the ingredients on the bottle. When I reached the 'parabens and quaternium-15 I knew I'd made a dud purchase:(.

I've reordered the (hopefully) correct one just now.

I've decided that although my results are good and the overall condition of my hair seems ok, I will probably use conditioner (non protein) on my next wash. Just to see how both results really compare.
I look forward to hearing your results.

Back