Men!! SMH!

nappystorm

Disclaimer: I'm not looking for advice, just a vent thread

Okayyyy.

There's a guy, L, that I've been knowing a few years. I've been friends with his family for 15 years or so and we would see one another when he visits. We've been texting/talking for a little over a year. We liked one another but nothing ever really popped off because he was in TN and I'm in MS and everytime we plan to get together something comes up.

There's another guy, D. D is from my home town and he's a FBF. I sort of remember him but not really. For time to time, D sends me messages telling me he only lives an hour away (Gulfport, MS) and when can we hook up. We've never gotten together, never hooked up or anything.

L just retired from the military so he decides to come to spend a week in Gulfport. The city I live in is on the way, so I agreed to ride down with him. He picks me up, and tells me we will be staying at his cousin's apartment because his cousin is out of town for a few weeks (he's military too) and left him the key. Cool with me.

Get to cousin's house. Lo and behold, I see D's name all over the place. I :giggle: and tell L the tea. L :lol:, calls D and let him talk to me. I tell D my government name and D says, "I don't know you!" :ohwell: I show L the receipts on FB and send D the following inbox, "I'm the one at your house, ninja". D :lol: and says, "You should have said *my nickname*. I would have recognized you." He calls L back, confirms he knows me and tell L we used to date :rolleyes:

To be continued. I have to get my laundry.

t65p5g.gif

Continued

Fast forward, me and L found out we weren't compatible after all :perplexed No coloring, cuddling, nothing:nono:. I returned home and went about life as usual.

D inboxes me and ask me something about the decor in his house. I tell him I didn't notice because I was too distracted by his stash of candy. Sidebar: Yall he has the BEST stash of goodies I've ever seen :chocbunny::mmmchocolate::cloud9:

Anyhoo here's the gist of convo:
D: My cousin must not have been that entertaining if you were focused on my candy
NS: Me and your cousin didn't quite work out :nono:
D: *starts giving me all types of unsolicited advice about how to deal with men* :blah:
NS: :rolleyes: Umm yeah...not gone happen
D: We were a thing and now you with my cuz and I'm just trying to help him out
NS: You never told me we were a thing :look: Besides, I didn't know you were L's cousin.
D: Excuses are like @$$holes everybody has one but it is what is it
NS: :eh: Excuses or truth?
D: only you knoe
but i want invade?
plus i didnt think u was interested?
we gott silenced hmmmmm?
NS: No I'm just confused. First we a thing, then I'm making excuses, then I'm not interested...
D: i am waiting the answer you see the question marks?
Give me yo number so when I get to gulfport ill holla atcha?

:huh: These ninjas are looney tunes for real. I'm done. I told him I didn't think it would be cool, considering I was chilling with his cousin. Hopefully, that will be that.

Last edited:
Soooo...I wanna know what story his cousin has told him. He, D, comes across as thirsty and fishing you for info. to validate what he was told.

Soooo...I wanna know what story his cousin has told him. He, D, comes across as thirsty and fishing you for info. to validate what he was told.

Yeah, seems like it too. I'm like BFF with his another one of his cousins so I hear what he said about me soon enough.

D is still trying :lol: Talking about we were talking first and unless me and L had sex, it shouldn't be a problem :rolleyes:

What's FBF, NappyStorm?
Facebook Friend @ladylibra_30
Girl leave those Gulfport ninjas alone, lol!
Girl, NOW you tell me @nappyeditor

***Update***​

So I'm chitchatting with L's cousin. L's cousin is one of my BFFs but we dont get to talk that often. Anyhoo, I ask her about L.

Cuz: Girl, you don't want L. He's engaged.
NS: *crickets* Huh?
Cuz: Yeah, they are having an engagement party next week but I'm not going
NS: *crickets* Huh? When this happen?
Cuz: He proposed at his retirement ceremony.
NS: At his retirement ceremony? THE HELL!?!?!?!
Cuz: I didn't see it but everybody came back talking about it. She was crying and everything. What's up?
NS: :swearing:*Proceeds to tell cousin about L's texting, calling, sending money, spending the weekend with me, etc*
Cuz: :blush:

Y'all I am too through!! All of this happened AFTER the ceremony. Although we didn't do anything, I don't appreciate wasting my time, spending the weekend, and taking money and gifts from someone else's man let alone her FIANCE.

Not to mention, I kept turning down D out of respect FOR HIM. D kept assuring me L didn't have a problem with it, I guess I know why :rolleyes: I feel like such an idiot. I promised my friend I will keep it cute but if he text or call me one mo gin, Imma read him like an Eric Jerome Dickey novel, cover to cover. Child, I can't :ill:

Last edited:
Wow....

It's always the attached ones who are the boldest!

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back