MEGA-TEK USERS, I NEED YOUR HELP!!

KaramelDiva1978

Okay Ladies,
I've skimmed numerous threads on using Mega-tek and the tons of suggestions on its use and keeping it simple. I have already ordered mine, but since I'm in need of a garlic supplement, I'll be waiting to use it.

My first question is it appears to be optional to wash it out or keep it in overnight when used. Is that a correct assumption? Since it seems it causes shedding, does the shedding increase if left in overnight? What have you ladies experienced if you have done either or both methods? I'm currently braided in a protective style and would like to know if I can use it effectively.

Also, which garlic method has been most effective, taking an oral supplement or putting on a garlic paste or garlic conditioner? I have to be honest, dh will not be a big fan of garlic supplements, so can you tell me if the odorless works well?

Thanks ladies! Just trying to iron out the last few "kinks" to get my curls for my BC this summer!

i put my MT MN mix on my scalp only at night after i workout from dance practice which is usually about 9pm after i shower and stuff, i put my hair and do a wrap or lose bun and but a plastic cap on my head, then silk scarf. im up at 7am and i wash it out sometimes i dont wash it out until 9pm later in the day, so i can pretty much say i leave it in over night, i been doing this since febuary and dont have much shedding but when i do i use a garlic paste of garlic powder and JBCO. and i havent had any shedding lately just the normal amount u get. my friend uses hers on her cornrows, she puts her mix on the parts btween her braids and baggies and silk scarfs on top. sometimes i baggy and some times i just wrap my head with a silk scarf. so far my hair has grown about 3/4 inches in this month and my hair doesnt grow that fast at allllll. idk why but to me this is good. another added benny is the fact that my fine 3c/4a hair is getting thicker which i loveeeeeee, also i do this every other day, when im not using the MN MT mix i moisturize my hair with s-curl and seal with JBCO or coconut oil. thats all. ;) for me its been working preettty well. hth

Iluvyanna,
Thank you, that's what I was looking for which method would give what results. I have a partially cornrowed 'do that I can use MT on the scalp for now. I also use an Scurl moisturizing combo with NTM and water daily on my braids.

Okay, so I only need a garlic regi if my hair begins to shed badly? Is that what everyone else is doing or should it be weekly as a preventative?

Bumping for more replies and suggestions.

I used mine as hair grease after applying EVOO/ Doo Gro oil. I only got thickness not the amazing growth reported here. I now just use it in a spray bottle greatly diluted on my hair and scalp periodically.

I didn't take any garlic, didn't have any shedding though HTH

I've had great results in the 6 weeks I've been using it. I mix it with JBCO, MN 2% and a tspoon of coconut oil. I apply it every day and leave it in for 2 days until wash day.

Iluvyanna,
Thank you, that's what I was looking for which method would give what results. I have a partially cornrowed 'do that I can use MT on the scalp for now. I also use an Scurl moisturizing combo with NTM and water daily on my braids.

Okay, so I only need a garlic regi if my hair begins to shed badly? Is that what everyone else is doing or should it be weekly as a preventative?

Bumping for more replies and suggestions.

hi, um for the answer on the garlic i would say use it when you see shedding thats more then normal. like i will comb my hair on wash day and if i see alot more then normal then i do the garlic treatment. in the 6 weeks ive been using it ive only had to do the garlic treatment once.and my friend also uses the s-curl and i do too. like i put it on at night and then when i get up for school i was it out with my morning shower, and blow dry my hair on cool to take out some of the water and then spray the scurl and then bun. my friend does the same thing but she leaves her MT in longer bcus she doesnt wanna wash her braids that much. she puts in in the parts and massages it into her scalp , it will look the same as if ur puttin coconut oil in your scalp.
hth ;)

Well, so far, no one seems to have said they had adverse effects from leaving it on a day or two. I think based on that I have put together my regimen. Thanks ladies! HHG!

I use mine about 4 to 5 times a week. I dont really worry about washing it out becaue I have a sew in. I havent had any adverse effects either. i mix it with amla oil

I use mine about 4 to 5 times a week. I dont really worry about washing it out becaue I have a sew in. I havent had any adverse effects either. i mix it with amla oil

I was wondering how it work with a sew-in and not being able to get to the hair to rinse it out. As soon as the back of my hair attains a bit more length, I will be heavily rocking the sew-ins. Are you using any type of garlic supplement in case of shedding?

Back