Mega Tek and Garlic

KinkyRed

Ok, I just purchased some Mega-tek from amazon.com. I have been reading all the threads and researching as much as I could but there's nothing better than hearing from women who have actually used it.

I'm not going to lie, I am a little nervous about putting a product originally designed for "horses" in my hair.. I know, it is said to be ok for humans too, but all I can help think that I will wake up in the middle of the night neighing like a horse!:cowgirl::cowgirl::cowgirl:

Also, my SO cannot stand the smell of garlic, and from what I have read, this is a must-have if I am to use Mega-Tek. I know they have garlic pills, but I've heard it comes out of your pores..(the smell that is).

So my questions are 1)did it make your hair grow? 2)did you shed alot and did garlic help?

You should do a search on Megatek. There are several threads with a lot of great information.
I have just started using Megatek again and it has definitely thickened my hair. It always has worked great for me. I apply mine directly to my scalp, either by itself or in a mix with some oil and a creamy moisturizer (I use Hydratherma Naturals Growth Oil and Growth Lotion, plus some Jamaican Black Castor Oil). I don't take garlic pills but I do use Henna Queen Garlic rinse and Alter Ego Hot Garlic Treatment. I started using these before Megatek to keep shedding at bay and they work great.

I Use Mega-Tek on a Regular Basis, Scalp Only. And I've had No Shedding Whatsoever. I had a Mishap at a Salon that Caused me to lose over 90% of my Hair. (Overprocessing, Double Processing of both Relaxer & Color) Overlapping & Poor Neutalization Which Lead Me to LHCF and Becoming a DIY:ohwell:

Actually on One Side I had a Bald Spot the size of a 0.50 cent peice. This was in Feb '09, by the end of April '09 You would never had known it was there. It had completely filled in.:yep:

I had Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner as a precautionary measure (but had no need to use it for "Shedding") It just turned out to be a Wonderful Conditioning Treatment -- which by the way, Smells Nothing Like 'Garlic.' I Did Not Purchase any Garlic Pills etc.......

Overall, MT has been a Good Product For Me. I am on like my 3rd Bottle. I will always Keep this product.

My Hair Thrives on Protein anyway. Once I reach my Healthy Hair Goals, I will even try MT as a Co-Wash Treatment. But for Growth Purposes, Right Now, I am only using it lightly on my Scalp.

Best of Luck.:grin:

You should do a search on Megatek. There are several threads with a lot of great information.
I have just started using Megatek again and it has definitely thickened my hair. It always has worked great for me. I apply mine directly to my scalp, either by itself or in a mix with some oil and a creamy moisturizer (I use Hydratherma Naturals Growth Oil and Growth Lotion, plus some Jamaican Black Castor Oil). I don't take garlic pills but I do use Henna Queen Garlic rinse and Alter Ego Hot Garlic Treatment. I started using these before Megatek to keep shedding at bay and they work great.

Where did you get your henna queen garlic rinse and the alter ego hot treatment from? what store? TIA

Last edited:
I've had some shedding issues with MegaTek, but I've taken pure garlic oil and added it to my conditioners to help keep it at bay, and it's helped a lot. I've also added it to my MT concoction with success. While it smells like GARLIC by itself, once added to something else you absolutely can't smell it.

Where did you get your henna queen garlic rinse and the alter ego hot treatment from? what store? TIA

I usually get the alter ego from www.beautyofnewyork.com. Check the Discount thread. They have a shipping discount code! :yep:

I get the Henna Queen from them, also. You can also check www.bluebeez.com, sickbay.biz or just google it to see if anyone has a good price on it.

Lately, I've added a 10 minute Megatek conditioning to my wash routine. I want to see if it will make a difference. I do it every other wash.

Back