Me and my 2 daughter's natural hair!!

Re: Me and my 2 daughter\'s natural hair!!

You guys have such PRETTY hair!!! I love curly hair!! I'm thinking about going natural..or texturizing..and I hope my hair is half as pretty as you and your girls are!!! Great pics!

OT: When do you get your braces off? Asking because I had them twice.. as a kid and as an adult..what a pain..lol

HC - you and both your daughters have absolutely GORGEOUS heads of hair!
smile.gif
What a beautiful family!

[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:
You guys have such PRETTY hair!!! I love curly hair!! I'm thinking about going natural..or texturizing..and I hope my hair is half as pretty as you and your girls are!!! Great pics!

OT: When do you get your braces off? Asking because I had them twice.. as a kid and as an adult..what a pain..lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been wearing braces now for a year, I think I have at least 1 1/2 -2 more years to go, and yes!!!, they are a pain, I sometimes which I never got them on. I'll be 40 years old in two months and I feel like I'm tooo old for this kind of torture. But everyone says it'll be worth it after they come off.

oh my gosh im in love with natural hair! beautiful pics, i cant wait till my own transition is finished.

You and your daughters have gorgeous hair!

Good luck with your braces...I had them twice also but now I can
grin.gif

Good googly moogly
shocked.gif
Your daughter's hair is sooooooo beautiful!!!! I love it!!! and of course, she must get it from her mom, cause your hair is rocking too
smile.gif
. I love your curls!!

[ QUOTE ]
honeycomb said:
[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been wearing braces now for a year, I think I have at least 1 1/2 -2 more years to go, and yes!!!, they are a pain, I sometimes which I never got them on. I'll be 40 years old in two months and I feel like I'm tooo old for this kind of torture. But everyone says it'll be worth it after they come off.

[/ QUOTE ]

It definitely will be worth it. You're not too old at all to have them.. my Mom got hers put on after I did when I was in high school! So she was around your same age. It will go by fast.. Just make sure you always wear your retainer when you have them taken off.. I had lost mine YEARS ago and my tongue pushed my teeth back out so that's why I had to have them again.. but only about 10.5 months the second time around. You'll be happy with the results when they are off.. you'll see!
smile.gif

@ Rushgirl, thank's for the encouragement, actually the 1st year went by faster than I thought!!!

@ All the LHCF ladies, thanks for all your wonderful compliments!!!

@honeycomb...i wanted to ask you what ur regimen is...if u dont mind sharind...

Wow! All that beautiful hair! HC, I especially like pic #23; that color and length look great on you. And your hair appears to be quite healthy. Way to go!

[ QUOTE ]
lsubabiedee said:
@honeycomb...i wanted to ask you what ur regimen is...if u dont mind sharind...

[/ QUOTE ]

My regime is quite simple. On my wash-n-go's I condition wash in shower (presently using Mane&Tail conditioner)and rinse out, while it's soaking wet in the shower I apply Elasta QP feels like silk gel and squeeze access water out with my hands (not a towel, causes frizz for me). Before I get out of the shower I'll shake my head from side to side lightly to kinda fluff it out and if I need to apply a little more gel to the ends I'll do that.

For my puff's, I like to use banana clips (they give a fuller appearance because my hair is kinda thin) I brush it with a denman brush, apply fantasia gel to the front, and for the puff, I'll add a little Long Aid Curl Activator gel to define the curls.

HTH

[ QUOTE ]
pressncurl said:
Wow! All that beautiful hair! HC, I especially like pic #23; that color and length look great on you. And your hair appears to be quite healthy. Way to go!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the compliment, I loved the color also, but it wasn't healthy at all. The color caused a lot of damage to my hair and it changed the texture of my hair in the front, which has little curl to begin with. After wearing it for the summer months last year, I colored over it with dark brown hair color, and have been chopping off damaged ends every since, which is why I don't have much length.

Im in Love with you and your families hair!!!!! Thanx for sharing

Hey Honeycomb, we have the same hair! Isn't it annoyin how it is ALOT longer that it seems when its wet, i hate the major shrinkage of my hair, and the front is the driest part. Is it like that for you? I'm gonna try the Elasta QP and see how it works for me, i also use the IC gel. Does the Elasta come in a black and white bottle? Oh, and i LOVE you daugters hair it beautitful.

what beautiful hair. and lots of it!! you have your hands full

Man!! You guys have beautiful hair.! I'm loving your wash and go big time! thanks for sharing.

I really love the frontal photo with your hair pulled back and the finger-wave results.
smile.gif
Very pretty.

The three of you have such nice hair. I love those long twists!

[ QUOTE ]
Prettyinpink00 said:
Hey Honeycomb, we have the same hair! Isn't it annoyin how it is ALOT longer that it seems when its wet, i hate the major shrinkage of my hair, and the front is the driest part. Is it like that for you? I'm gonna try the Elasta QP and see how it works for me, i also use the IC gel. Does the Elasta come in a black and white bottle? Oh, and i LOVE you daugters hair it beautitful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you all sooo much!!! Yes, the Elasta QP feels like silk is in a white bottle with black writing. I've tried other gels for my wash-n-go's but it either left my hair to crunchy, flaky, or sticky. This gel (in the right amount) provides for me the right amount of hold, it doesn't flake, unless you use too much or play with your hair a lot, and it's not as sticky, it leaves hair softer to the touch. I hope it works for you
wink.gif

Back