MBL 2013 Challenge!

Thé past weekend i did.à henna mix (2egg yolk,lots of.olive oil...usually amla powder but i had no more so i added amla oil) great . Hair was strong and soft.

ForumRunner_20121219_001834.jpg

ForumRunner_20121219_001859.jpg

ForumRunner_20121219_001946.jpg

Im.soooo sorry if they come out thé wrong side. Im trying this with my cell phone.

Let us know how that works...might need that recipe.

Pros... For my hair its better than the 2 step my hair feels really strong
Cons... The egg was hard to get out and it left my hard hard
I'm DCing for the second time. I just threw some 3MM in there (I use that in just about everything) and that wasn't enough I'm using AOWC with heat now and I'm sure that'll fix it. I will prob do it again but ill save the eggs for close to relaxer time cause it is super strong.

I'm in...

Current Length: BSL
Current State of Hair: Natural
Regimen: mini braids for 4-8 weeks, wngs and braid outs during the breaks
What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL: March
Any links to a photo album: pics on my blog

eta starting pic (actually from oct 2012)
oct24lengthck-172x300.png

Last edited:
manter26 said:
I'm in...

Current Length: BSL
Regimen: mini braids for 4-8 weeks, wngs and braid outs during the breaks
What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL: March
Any links to a photo album: pics on my blog

manter26, cool blog! Love that 26 days of winter theme with different styles

Im Joining :grin:!
Current Length Newly BSL in a natural V shape

Current State of Hair Color treated Natural with types 3A at the crown 3B in the middle and 3C in the back

Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL)
1. Weekly Wash with Totally Twisted Shampoo Herbal Essences
2. In Shower steam condition with Totally Twisted conditioner
3. DC with a mixture on conditioners that i dump in an empty evoo bottle with
added honey and evoo
4. Cool rinse and dry with cotton shirt
5. Massage scalp with MN/Cayenne oil/MTG mix for 5 minutes
6. Add Creme of Nature Lemongrass & Rosemary Leave in
7. Add a layer of Elasta QP Olive oil & Mango butter moisturizer
8. Seal with Whipped Shea butter
9. Braid into 5 sections and Air dry
10. Un-braid the next day and throw into a high ponytail.
11. undo ponytail every 2-3. Spray with warm water, MN scalp massage, add Olive oil & Mango butter moisturizer and Shea with Shea Butter.

Goals for each check-in date
December 31, 2012 - Grazing BSL
April 30, 2013 Full BSL/Lightly Grazing MBL
August 15, 2013 Full MBL
December 31, 2013 Grazing WL

What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL
April/May
Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share

tumblr_mecuqqvkpx1rbw5ieo1_1280.png

Last edited:
I am happy to see so many lovely faces in this thread ... we active!!

Checking In:

I have taken down 55% of my mini braids in preparation of a consultation with a hair stylist on Friday. He is going to let me know if my hair is a good candidate for roller brushing to stretch (during a blow dry) and flat iron. I am a little leary about the whole thing- I don't want cuz breaking my hair off with the brush and by pulling it too much. If that doesn't work out, it will be all good. I will just wear a fro or flat iron my hair myself ...

Anyway, because half or more of my hair is in its loosened state, I haven't been cowashing like I usually do and it is killing me. I really miss it, especially the cold water rinses.

I did a quick and dirty length check and I definitely had nice growth between October and now ... I am looking forward to posting pix in a week or so.

I hope you all are doing well ...

Everytime I come in here I get "hungry" for BSL!! LOL You ladies will likely make MBL by June. To me its looks like on average MBL is abt 3-4" inches from BSL. Keep up the good work.

Current Length: various :ohwell: (APL to BSL/almost MBL-see pic)
Current State of Hair: Transitioning (55 weeks post). Type 4a/b.
Regimen: protective styling, protective styling, protective styling (braids, weaves etc.). And vitamins.
Goals for each check-in date:
December 31, 2012- A BC (or the BC) to start off fresh: Cut up to 6" for more even hair around APL (~Line 3 or 4 on length t-shirt).
April 30, 2013- almost BSL @ Line 7
August 15, 2013- Full BSL @ Line 9
December 31, 2013- All natural, full MBL @ Line 11
What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL: Realistically, December 2013

Latest pic (from 07/25/12) attached.

Bowing out ladies- recently did a BC and have about 5" natural hair now (although it looks like 1 to 1.5" all coiled up) so I'm like, neck length I guess. Doubt I'll get to MBL a year from now but you ladies keep rocking it- I'll catch up. ;)

Pros... For my hair its better than the 2 step my hair feels really strong
Cons... The egg was hard to get out and it left my hard hard
I'm DCing for the second time. I just threw some 3MM in there (I use that in just about everything) and that wasn't enough I'm using AOWC with heat now and I'm sure that'll fix it. I will prob do it again but ill save the eggs for close to relaxer time cause it is super strong.

you should clarify. that might be the only way to get it out. adding conditioner is just causing a coating on your hair. remember conditioner doesn't really remove product. it is meant to add product to your hair.

shortdub78 dang girl didn't wanna admit it but.... Yea I used heat:blush: it was so cold and there was always that one chick sayin it didn't cook in my hair.... Well it did. :lol: not a lot but just enough for me to think I had it out but then there'd be a lil bit more lol. I used shampoo only once though.

Going to start removing my mini braids tomorrow, just shy of 5 weeks. I have a nice amount of NG. My scalp is itching too, so after I remove my braids I will be ready to wash my hair and scalp very well!

Heading home and gonna pre-poo & detangle my hair. Won't wash it until Saturday. I'm actually looking forward to having someone else wash my hair for me. Like my once a year treat.

Sent from my Android...Boom.

Heading home and gonna pre-poo & detangle my hair. Won't wash it until Saturday. I'm actually looking forward to having someone else wash my hair for me. Like my once a year treat.

Sent from my Android...Boom.

i did that once this past summer. my washing experience wasn't memorable. just sit back and enjoy. i was running my mouth the whole time and i had my kids with me.

shortdub78 last year when I got my hair done, the shampoo was the best part. I almost fell asleep :lol: There were only 3 stylists and maybe 4 clients in there. Very quiet. Everything past that though...I rather forget

Updating! I added coffee and sulfur oil to my regimen and am currently braided up until Feb. I have had the braids in for only 1.5 weeks and it looks like I have a little over 1/4" of growth already. :yay:

Hello.

So i guess i can now say my hair hit bsl. ....at last iflat irroned today after à small trim. :-) excited that my hair can grow. after years of nl

Now....i really dont know where mbl is on me.
Do you check with your bones or something ? Because my wsl is not so far from bsl. Its where the little fold is under my bra (where my fat is lol).

ForumRunner_20121223_011907.jpg

UPDATE: Ladies, I'm still in this with you, but having a hard time keeping up with updating this challenge thread with my hectic lifestyle right now. If you would like to be added to this list, please PM me so I get an email. I'll add you to the list as soon as I check my email, which is about every other day. TIA.

Okay, I searched and searched and I can't find an MBL 2013 challenge anywhere. I'm definitely not making MBL in 2012 as I originally planned because I do wear my hair out quite a bit. I've been off the board for a while just enjoying my hair, but I'm back and ready to grow again! I'm going to copy most of the rules from the 2012 challenge.

The challenge will run from March 31, 2012 (To give everyone a chance to get a pic posted) – December 31, 2013.

Please introduce yourself! Things you might want to include:

[*]Current Length
[*] Current State of Hair [(Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning (length of transition)/Stretching (length of relaxer stretch)] – You can also include hair type if you like
[*] Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL)
[*] Goals for each check-in date (dates are below)
[*] What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL
[*] Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share

PLEASE ONLY THANK THIS POST TO OFFICIALLY JOIN! Just makes it easier to keep track of names. And don't forget to post your info too! :yep:

Check-In Dates
March 31, 2012
August 15, 2012
December 31, 2012 - Last "official" day to join here. (Last day I will update names)
April 30, 2013
August 15, 2013
December 31, 2013

You can check in more than this if you like, but let’s all try to do so on these particular dates at the very least so we can keep up with each other's progress!

Let’s grow, ladies! I'm excited! :grin:

Challengers:
newbeginnings2010
skrapchik
LexaKing
smwrigh3
@blcbuty@
greenandchic
LoveArianna
ms.tatiana
NappyNelle
lamaria211
jprayze
EasypeaZee
FlawedBeauty
KumakoXsd
KurlyNinja
KhandiB
topnotch1010
caliscurls
Fab79
DivaJones
NaiyaAi
Khaiya
classoohfive
ShantiNamaste
ecadnacmc
trutru1luv
nadaa16
Katherina
tiffjust2002
djkforeal
kandigyrl

Hello I'm sanity
I am relaxed 14 inches 4a/b
Goal is to be MBL sometime by this summer and full MBL by next December.

I bun and use braids as a protective style during the year. I trim every 6 months usually in march and September. I relax every 8-12 weeks when I feel like it. I want to transition longer to achieve less thinning.
Here is a recent pic from a week ago.

ForumRunner_20121223_005200.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LHCF excuse any typos

Current Length: Nape Length Super short
Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL): I am in in braids (will continue to keep that as a protective style). I am using the CD's Monoi line as breakage still seems to be an issue of mine. So I am using the shampoo, conditioner and mask (weekly). Taking vitamins and on my 2nd month of MSM amongst other things (Multi, B-Complex, Biotin, Fo-ti, Horsetail Root)

December 31, 2012 - 4-5" all around
April 30, 2013 -
August 15, 2013 -
December 31, 2013 -

will post pics and check in during the dates above.

What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL: I'm doing the math. God willing I am able to retain the 1/2" per month that I grow with no set backs, I would (realistically) be at goal by 2014 --BUT I think this challenge would at least keep me organized, and focused as I move towards my goal.

Last edited:
I'm in!:grin:

• Current Length BSB
  • Current State of Hair [(Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning (length of transition)/Stretching (length of relaxer stretch)] – Natural 4a/b
  • Regimen Wash and DC every two weeks, Moisturize and seal and baggie. Twists in a bun, or a bun with a banana clip
  • Goals for each check-in date full BSL by June 2013, MBL by Dec 2013
  • What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL December
  • Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share :grin:

• Current Length APL
  • Current State of Hair [(Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning (length of transition)/Stretching (length of relaxer stretch)] – Natural, color treated (jet black; natural color is a medium/dark brown)
  • Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL) DC on dry hair, shampoo and condition once a week, rotate heat usage (blow out or full straightening) 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, protective styles-buns, up-dos on straightened hair
  • Goals for each check-in date (dates are below)
  • What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL December
  • Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share

PLEASE ONLY THANK THIS POST TO OFFICIALLY JOIN! Just makes it easier to keep track of names. And don't forget to post your info too! :yep:

Check-In Dates
March 31, 2012
August 15, 2012
December 31, 2012 - Last "official" day to join here. (Last day I will update names)
April 30, 2013- ummm idk lol
August 15, 2013- a little past BSB/BSL
December 31, 2013- MBL

Last edited:
Current Length APL
Current State of Hair Natural
Regimen Wash and DC weekly. I will also be protective styling for the year. I will be wearing conrows and buns. Take my vitamins consistently and work out 5 days a week.
What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL August

December 31, 2012 - APL
April 30, 2013 - BSL
August 15, 2013 - MBL
December 31, 2013 - Full MBL

Starting pic below

Attachments

• 20121224_203004.jpg
    20121224_203004.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 47
OMG! I am feeling my hair after tonight's co-wash!! I gotta get on my MBL grind going strong ladies. 2013 is my year, I just feel it. :yep:

Hi, Ladies!!! Last one in, I guess! :lachen::lachen:

Current Length:Bra-Strap length, I believe

Current State of Hair3c/4a Newly Natural after a 31-month transition from relaxed

Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL):
I keep it as simple as possible - wash/dc once a wee; moisturize and seal daily or every other day; use heat once (maybe twice) a year; Trim as needed; Wear twists, cornrows, wigs, twist-outs, and buns; maybe get back into henna for 2013

Goals for each check-in date
April 30, 2013 - Partially There!
August 15, 2013 (My Wedding Anniversary!!) - Almost There!
December 31, 2013 - Goal!

What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL: December

Last edited:
Hello ladies! Trying to make it in right before the deadline. :grin:

Current Length:
Current State of Hair: Natural, BSL
Regimen: Protective styling, moisture/seal daily, oil on scalp weekly, wash/dc weekly, protein once a month
Goals for each check-in date: See Below
What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL: Full MBL by June

Check-In Dates
March 31, 2012: N/A
August 15, 2012: N/A
December 31, 2012: BSL
April 30, 2013: Full MBL or slightly past MBL
August 15, 2013: Between MBL and WL
December 31, 2013: Between MBL and WL

I'm happy to announce that on Nov 2012. I reached full Bsl. I'm going to wait till Dec 31 to post a pic. I'm so happy. But I'm going to be patient and wait to show progress. Here I come mbl. :-)

Current Length – I am somewhere between APL and BSL (closer to BSL).

Current State of Hair [(Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning (length of transition)/Stretching (length of relaxer stretch)] – You can also include hair type if you like - Relaxed….last relaxed 4 Aug 12. Planning to relax 29 Jan 13. I will post a picture then.

Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL) I am washing / conditioning once a week with Aveda Damage Remedy. DCing with Kenra and some type of oil. I will do a second DC during with week but no wash. I cowash every couple of days with HELTR. M&S every night sometimes every other night and bun daily.

Goals for each check-in date -
30 Apr 2013 – BSL moving towards MBL
15 Aug 2013 – MBL
31 Dec 2013 – Maintain MBL. This is my length goal.

What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL – I am not sure exactly where my hair is now but I will shoot for 23 July 13…my birthday :spinning:

Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share – N/A

Joining this challenge.

Natural hair.
Current length: BSL. I've been hovering around there for so long:sad: and it's about time I move beyond it.

Regimen: still developing and will report back.

Goal date: Jun 30, 2013.

Just a quick update, I'm washing tomorrow after missing wash day last weekend, I'm planning on doing a long DC after co-washing. I've been bunning, bunning and more bunning!

Checking In:

I finally removed all of my mini braids on Sunday and got a chance to take good care of my hair. I pre-pooed with Chicoro's moisturizing pre-poo recipe. I washed with a chelating shampoo and then I did the two-step protein treatment with Aphogee. After using the Aphogee balancing moisturizer, I deep conditioned with some sort of deep conditioning hair mask and a couple of scoops of bhringraj powder for an hour or so. Rinsed with distilled water, air dried for a few and then I went ahead and blew my hair out. I have been wearing my hair in a bun and since my hair has gotten a little longer, I have more styling options. This Friday, I will have my hair flat ironed for New Years Eve and I am super excited.

I hope you all are doing well ...

Back