MBL 2010

:wavey: Hello everyone! Exubah, please add me on the list! I'm a bit of a newbie...This is my first post as well as my first challenge! I am super excited that after lurking for quite some time, I found a challenge that I can join. I am a bit past bsl, and I am so looking forward to breaking through "the hump" and make my way to mbl. I'm super excited! I will be posting a current pic soon!

:wavey: Hello everyone! Exubah, please add me on the list! I'm a bit of a newbie...This is my first post as well as my first challenge! I am super excited that after lurking for quite some time, I found a challenge that I can join. I am a bit past bsl, and I am so looking forward to breaking through "the hump" and make my way to mbl. I'm super excited! I will be posting a current pic soon!

Welcome to LHCF!

okay I want in for this challenge. I just flatironed my hair for turkey day and I'm currently a little past BSB. my longest layers anyway. i want to be MBL by Dec 2010....

I plan to:

relax every 12 weeks with mizani butter blends.
dust after each relaxer or every other.... we will see about that.
take my cap'energy pills daily.
take a multivitamin.
go to the gym 3 times a week.
drink 8 glasses of water a day.
deep condition once a week.
roller set in the cold months.
wear braids in the summer for 8 weeks at a time... so 4 months max.
moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.

Tonight I used a Sulfate Free shampoo and DC'd with a MIXTURE of AO Glycogen Protein,Nutrine Garlic Conditioner and Shea butter Conditioner. I was under the heatcap for 45 minutes. After letting my conditioner mixture cool awhile ,I rinsed and the used Elucence Moisture balancing conditioner as a leave-in. I air-dried for 10 minutes then added UBH lotion cream Moisturizer and sealed with Avo'Coco Creme from Cherie Hair Range. My hair feels great!! I will put it in a braid before I go to bed and tie it down with a scarf.

I have had setback after setback. I've got to make MBL and WL happen in 2010!

I'm in.

ETA my regimen:

2/week DCs
1/month protein treatment
Daily/every other day cowashing
Texlax every 12 weeks
Moisturize Daily
Multivitamin, more cardio, protein shakes

Last edited:
I'm in. Hopefully I'll be fully texlaxed at MBL this year. My bonelaxed (we still use that word here?lol) overprocessed ends are almost gone...3-4 more inches to go.

Well I just relaxed my hair tonight....I need to change my siggy's ticker now but too lazy at this moment. I have a wedding to go to tomorrow so I decided to just go ahead and relax. I think I am going to try and stretch this one out until March.

I relaxed with Designer Touch Sensitive Scalp Treatment No Lye Relaxer (oh lawd the hell I went through tonight to find this darn relaxer in Nassau!...craziness!) The kit comes with a protein reconstructor to use after rinsing out the relaxer. After rinsing with the neutralizer and a bout with Porosity Control, I am now dcing with Alter Ego Hot Oil Treatment Conditioner.

Count me in. I am currently in the bsl challenge and would like to make mbl by dec 10. This challenge is a little mind bending for me but I will try. I am grazing apl and will post starting pic at the end of the year when I straighten to post final pics in the APL 09 challenge.

I'm in! I'm in!

wash/dc 1-2 times/wk
jbco for ends, nape & edges
direct heat 1-2 times/month
rollerset as ps
drink water, water, water

don't have time to do much else, sorry.

MBL September 2010

ETA- switching from Silk Elements to Mizani BB relaxer (very excited about this)

Last edited:
I'm definitely joining. I'm actually hoping to get to WL by this time next year. MBL and WL are virtually the same on me anyway though. I haven't done a length check for a few weeks but I'm sure I'm still APL now. I have about 6" iirc to go before I'm MBL/WL.

My plan:

* Be consistent with my regimen.
* Find an easy low-mani style to do for work (twists, braids and the like do not work for me)
* Continue eating healthily and working out
* Be consistent with my regimen

I'm down. I am shooting for MB Dec. 2010. OK here's my regime:
- DC 3xs/week
- steam once a week
- protein as needed
- cowash at least 5 days a week
- length check 2xs a year

Last edited:
I will do the challenge..this will be my second time being midback. I cut alot of my hair off this summer trying to get rid of my henna. I am currently probably an inch or a little more away from BSL and probably will do another cut in January possibly to APL and start there depending on how my ends look. The only two things I plan on doing consistently is steaming once a week and wearing wigs mostly for protective styling.

I'm in on this one!
I'm BSL now, but I'm nervous about my retention since I'll be straightening weekly now...
I plan to:
DC with each wash
Moisturize like mad
Trim quarterly
Nourish hair from the inside

I'm in...I want to make it by june or whenever next year...

I will be wiggin it.wash and dc once a week and trimming it every 3 - 4 months..that's it..

I'm in. Will post my starting pic tonight or tomorrow when my photographer (aka hubby) is available.

This year I'm going to tweak my regi in order to fill the gap at my nape area.

• I will commit to drink a min of 8/8oz glasses of water daily.
  • Protective styles 6 1/2 days a week and will rotate the position of my bun
  • Moisturize twice a day (even when I'm not feeln it :ohwell:)
  • Relax every 12 weeks - I need to master maintaining moisture before moving beyond. I had dry tangles in my crown which didnt help growth.

I'm in! I've been waiting to finally join the MBL challenge and I think I can finally achieve it next year. My starting pic is the last photo in my siggy.

I am in! I have had major setbacks...a pending divorce...and a move in 2009! Time to get it back on track! I will:

Deep condition twice a week.
Light protein once per week (to combat MAJOR breakage issues).
Relax every 10 weeks. (Trim at retouch)
Protective style 5 days a week.
Moisturize/Seal twice daily.
Rollerset once per week/Ponytail or bun the alternate wash.
Exercise 5 days a week/Drink 75 oz water daily.
Take vitamins/Eat vegetables/Up protein intake.

There it is! MBL here I come!

I will do the challenge..this will be my second time being midback. I cut alot of my hair off this summer trying to get rid of my henna. I am currently probably an inch or a little more away from BSL and probably will do another cut in January possibly to APL and start there depending on how my ends look. The only two things I plan on doing consistently is steaming once a week and wearing wigs mostly for protective styling.

Do you mind me asking why you are trying to get rid of your henna?

I'm in on this one!
I'm BSL now, but I'm nervous about my retention since I'll be straightening weekly now...
I plan to:
DC with each wash
Moisturize like mad
Trim quarterly
Nourish hair from the inside

Totally in love with your hair and your siggy is outrageously beautiful!!!!!:yep:

Count me in! I have not straightened for a few months but I should be starting this challenge @ full BSL. I was less than an inch way in August. I'll update next time I straighten my hair.

Last edited:
Count me IN....
I'm currently at BSL & hope to reach MBL by June(fingers crossed) but I'll take it any way it comes.... My protective style is sew-ins and I won't take my current install out until the end of Jan..... I'm praying for patience but I've gained a lot of growth with sew-ins!!!

I plan to:
-continue my installs
-take my supplements (regularly)
- up my water intake

Happy Hair Growing Ladies

I'd like to join too! I am currently at or a smidgen past apl (though I'm due for a dusting/trim next Saturday). I think it will be good for me to set the bar high this next year. I'm coming up on my year mark with LHCF (feb. 2010), and I think I may be kissing bsb by then, so if I can get to bsb in a year, I think it's reasonable to get to mbl in about the same amount of time. Who knows and nothing ventured, nothing gained right?

I plan to achieve this goal by:
bunning/braided single ponies
roller setting
washing/co washing 1x per week
nightly moisturizing
dc once a week
no more than two trims this year (none if I can get away with it)
exercising 5x/week minimum (the hardest part)
drinking more water
Maxiglide at 2-3 temp no more than once a month

:update:
I've added my starting pics. after my trim this weekend (12/5/'09)

Attachments

• hair pics dec 2009 001.jpg
    hair pics dec 2009 001.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 26
  • hair pics dec 2009 003.jpg
    hair pics dec 2009 003.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 27
  • hair pics dec 2009 005.jpg
    hair pics dec 2009 005.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
im n this challenge!!

dont have a set plan but most likely i will

weave it up 3months at a time
deep condition weekly
wash bi weekly.
moisturize 2x a day 3x a week

the 3months out of the weave I will
deep condition weekly
co-wash bi weekly
pre poo before each wash with poo (once a month)
vitamins everyday
moisturize daily

Henna was the biggest mistake I made regarding my hair. It dried out my hair horribly so now I am paying for it. You live and you learn...
me too. Dried me out and made some parts lose their curl. I'm gradually cutting it off too.

Back