May 2011...What Did YOU Buy This Week?? (Hair Care Edition)

A new standing hair dryer (Thank goodness I had a bunch of rewards points so I got it without spending a dime)

This week picked up some additional Jasmine Deep Conditioners before the Sale Ends this Sunday.

25% Discount Ends Sunday. Discount Code = hairluv

:look: WGO :look: I couldnt resist.. I HAD to go into Sallys today for some nail stuff and I've been hearing/reading all the rave reviews on the WGO so.. I bought some... cant wait to try it :D

Enzo Naturals:

Cacao Deep Conditioner
Milk & Honey Hydrating Buttercream
Coconut Lemongrass Moisture Mist
Moss & Marshmallow Softening Serum

ALL in FULL sizes. :grin: :look:

These products look so damn good, and that deep conditioner is available in 32 ounce?! If it works that'll be a dream for me! OMG. :lick:

Enso Naturals
~Cacao Curl Recovery Deep Conditioning Treatment
~Marshmallow Root Twisting Pudding
~Sweet Honey Hibiscus Leave In Conditioner
~Milk & Honey Hydrating Buttercream
~Aloe & Marshmallow Moisturizing Hair Milk

It was free shipping over $50 :look: lol

Swap Board
~Botanical Spirits Magic Curls Puree

Did this replace the Hit or Miss threads? *out of the loop*

What I've bought in May so far. . .

*hair ponytail bands. It's a sad ponytail, but it's mine!
*A really pretty headband.
*K-Pak Moisture
*Joico K-Pak Moisture Intense Hydrator (didn't hydrate ish by the way)

Are we counting wigs? I bought some of those.

I just ordered the Carol's Daughter's Monoi condish & masque, also Carol's Daughter's Tui poo & smoothie. From Jasmines I got Avocado & Silk Conditioner and Intense Reconstructing Hair Treatment.

Last edited:
Original Moxie

Everyday Leave-In Detangling Conditioner
1oz sample of Intense Quench Deep Conditioner

Keracare Natural Textures

Butter Cream

Queen Helene

Queen Helene Royal Curl Shaping Creme

Ayurnatural Beauty

Jamaican Bush Bath
Amla Powder

Oyin Handmade

Coco Mango Funk Butter

Purchased from:

Shescentit
- 2 Macadamia Fixing gel

HealingHerbsbyRene
- Herbal Hair Mist
- Island Dream Coconut Milk Conditioner
- Roots of Coconut Oil Spray

-Nature's Blessing
-Christine Grant Mixed Greens (been wanting to try both for awhile)

Last edited:
From the hair show:

Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner
Synotics Shampoo, Shine spray, therapeutic conditioner
Narobi Hair Oil

And I got a sample of a Carmel Deep Treatment from a company called Etae Products which I used today and I really like. The ingredient list is awesome. I will be placing an order for a few products shortly.

Gold N Hot blow dryer hair pik

If I knew then what I know now, I would have bought the hand held hair dryer a long time ago. Now I know what my stylist meant by telling me that the heat from the blow dryer straightens the hair, especially my roots!!! Less hair is lost, too, during the detangling process.

I didn't give it a second thought, because I've spent most of my life in the salon getting my hair done. I bought the dryer last month, but I wanted an extra pik as a back up.

Wow!!! My wide tooth comb just glides through my type 4a/b roots like magic. No more air drying for me.

Last edited:
Last week I bought 2 jars of OHHB, couldn't wait on that sale. Next month I will be buying weave for my summer install, some UFD curly magic, and some Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter/Honey Mimosa and I am done until Black Friday! I have no more room in the inn lol!

I bought curlformers from sally's with the mother's day online coupon earlier this month.
Just received them this week and can't wait to use them!

Kinky Curly Curling Custard- I bought this once before and used the whole bottle to make a batch of Kimmaytube's leave-in and learned that my hair hates aloe vera juice. I'm just going to add a couple of oils this time and use as normal.

Kinky Curly Curling Custard- want to see what the big deal is

Joico Moisture Recovery Balm- I did an Aphogee Two Step Protein Treatment after blow frying my hair several days in a row. The Balancing Moisturizer did nothing for me and my hair has been dry ever since. I'm going to see if this can return it back to normal.

Two 32 ounce jars of clear Ecostyler gel- it's wash and go season

Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar- for use once or twice a month; it makes my hair so soft

Several packs of flexirods- I am going to attempt a flexirods set one of these days;I will also use them for braid n curls or twist n curls

ORS Wrap and Set Mousse- for flexirods set/twists/braids

A new nozzle for my Silver Bird blowdryer- I bent the teeth on my other one

A tube of Olive Oil Ecostyler gel- ok. I didn't need this, but the tube is cute. I didn't know it came in tubes. Impulse buy :look:

Jojoba oil and Avocado oil- for sealing, hot oil treatments, adding to conditioners, etc.

Soooo umm yeah. Product junkieism is real.

Last edited:
Back