May 2009: What did you buy this week?

yaaaaaayyyy my mom said my products came in the mail today. i cant wait to get home to try them now lol.
i got the:
oyin shine and define
blended beauty curl styling butter.

I will be buying MSM today and Hawaiian Silky moisturizer. I'm still debating on buying another wig.

:badgirl: Okay, so I fell off the wagon, cut my fo'head and busted my wallet wide open but MONDAY is a new day :peek:

Shescentit/Nadia
Jojoba Hair Milk
Gillian Butter
Honey Hair Rinse
Green Tea & Hibiscus Cond-sample
Fortifying Hair Masque
Moisture Mist Leave-In

Ariva
Curls Curliscious Cleansing Cream
Coconut Sublime Conditioner
Curls Quenched

BONY
2 JBCO
Pearl Avocado Cholesterol
Capilo Avocado & Carrot Cond

Locally
Hibiscus
Marshmallow Root
Jasmine Flower
Juniper
Horsetail
Rosehip
Licorice Root

Poppas
4 16 oz tubs Shea Butter (only 2 are mine!!)

:thud: See, I kinda binge when I restrict myself.
ETA: Now that I look at it, that wasn't so bad.

:badgirl: Okay, so I fell off the wagon, cut my fo'head and busted my wallet wide open but MONDAY is a new day :peek:

Shescentit/Nadia
Jojoba Hair Milk
Gillian Butter
Honey Hair Rinse
Fortifying Hair Masque
Moisture Mist Leave-In

Ariva
Curls Quenched

BONY
2 JBCO

Locally
Hibiscus
Marshmallow Root
Jasmine Flower
Juniper
Horsetail
Rosehip
Licorice Root

Poppas

:dighole:

...and that's all I have to say.

Shescentit/Nadia
Jojoba Hair Milk
Gillian Butter
Honey Hair Rinse
Fortifying Hair Masque
Moisture Mist Leave-In

Ariva
Curls Quenched

BONY
2 JBCO

Locally
Hibiscus
Marshmallow Root
Jasmine Flower
Juniper
Horsetail
Rosehip
Licorice Root

Poppas

Dinner table scene from the Color Purple after Celie cusses Mister out...

*Sophia's back home now....*
*Good, we need some type of stabilty around here...*

*and scene*

*She back y'all...she done came home...*

:lol: :lol:

Dinner table scene from the Color Purple after Celie cusses Mister out...

*Sophia's back home now....*
*Good, we need some type of stabilty around here...*

*and scene*

*She back y'all...she done came home...*

:lol: :lol:
:lachen::lachen: This had me crackin up! "You know it sholl is nice ta...see...you..two together again...TIME TO GO!!"

Shescentit/Nadia
Jojoba Hair Milk
Gillian Butter
Honey Hair Rinse
Fortifying Hair Masque
Moisture Mist Leave-In

Ariva
Curls Quenched

BONY
2 JBCO

Locally
Hibiscus
Marshmallow Root
Jasmine Flower
Juniper
Horsetail
Rosehip
Licorice Root

Poppas

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:
WOMAN! You did not fall off the wagon, you did like Pookie in that movie New Jack City!
new-jack-city-two-disc-special-edit.jpg

Wow!! Eisani wow!!

Maybe when I have a real job I can be a PJ but for now I just by essentials.
Sally's- 2 packs of processing caps (they are shower caps/DC caps)
1 GVP K-pak
1 GVP Chi Thermal Protectant
Health Food Store- 6 greek yoghurts FREE!!!! (that was $15 worth)

If I have any extra money this month I still want to get the Stirnillah (sp?) DC. I go back to Jerze next week so maybe I'll pick up some Lustrasilk to hold me over.

Oh I forgot to add...

I have CURLS Quenched Moisturizer, CURLS Milkshake, and CURLS Souffle samples from curls.biz So far its drying in my wet hair and it all smells divine

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:
WOMAN! You did not fall off the wagon, you did like Pookie in that movie New Jack City!
new-jack-city-two-disc-special-edit.jpg
I had to cover my mouth @ work! Hatechoo.

ETA: I won't tell y'all I forgot to add two items to the list :look:

Last edited:
I went to the Carol's Daughter store at the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City mall. Small but nice. I got:

Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie (2)

They were out of Black Vanilla Leave In. I wished I would have thought to go downstairs to Sephora to see if they had some.

I went to the Carol's Daughter store at the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City mall. Small but nice. I got:

Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie (2)

They were out of Black Vanilla Leave In. I wished I would have thought to go downstairs to Sephora to see if they had some.
i go to that carols daughter store all the time. i love it. that black vanilla smoothie is so great as an overnight deep conditioner. glad you told me they are out of that leave in because i need some more.

i go to that carols daughter store all the time. i love it. that black vanilla smoothie is so great as an overnight deep conditioner. glad you told me they are out of that leave in because i need some more.

She said they would be getting in another shipment today. I was planning to do an overnight dc tonight.

i bought:
Yes to Carrots Pampering Hair Mud Conditioner
Organix Nourishing coconut Milk conditioner

I'm trying out some new leave-ins

Stocked back up on Keracare Humecto and hydrating shampoo. I also bought some hair clips and Affirm Positive Link.

I took it very easy this week and only purchased the Fortifying Mask and 2 of the Honey Conditioners on the SheScentIt Mother's Day Sale and one of the L'Occtaine Conditioners for Dry & Damaged Hair. Slow week. And that's a Good thing.:yep: Perhaps, that is how I can rid myself of my PJ-ism:look:

Last edited:
Kenra MC.... my hair felt like butter. The slip that everyone was talking about was not really there, but the moisture certainly was, and that's what matters most. I'm 9 weeks post and my new growth is really hanging in there. No breakage or knotting.

I too it very easy this week and only purchased the Fortifying Mask and 2 of the Honey Conditioners on the SheScentIt Mother's Day Sale and one of the L'Occtaine Conditioners for Dry & Damaged Hair. Slow week. And that's a Good thing.:yep: Perhaps, that is how I can rid myself of my PJ-ism:look:

I've been wanting to try some SheScentIt products since I'm trying to incorporate more natural products into my regimen. I like stuff when its on sale.:grin:
16oz Banana Burlee DC (I hate bananas but they are okay for my hair)
8oz Fortifying Mask

That's all I could afford. I want to try the leave-in, avacodo (sp?) condish, and hair butter, but that will come in time.

I've been wanting to try some SheScentIt products since I'm trying to incorporate more natural products into my regimen. I like stuff when its on sale.:grin:
16oz Banana Burlee DC (I hate bananas but they are okay for my hair)
8oz Fortifying Mask

That's all I could afford. I want to try the leave-in, avacodo (sp?) condish, and hair butter, but that will come in time.
I have the Banana Brulee. Good Stuff. I really like it. I also have the Avacado Conditioner, but haven't tried it yet. I hope I like both that one and the Honey One too. Have not tried the Butters, but they sound very nice.

Back