MAXIGLIDE,SEDU, SOLIA, TRUE CERAMIC PRO, WHICH SHOULD i GET?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I have short, texturized hair. I want o get a ceramic iron, but which one will help me? My hair laughs at the jilbere iron I own. I know I asked this Q before, but help a sista out! PULEEZE! Also, can the maxiglide be used on short hair? Good grief! I'll stop bothering u girls for now! :lol:

My hair is short too! I am looking for one that works pretty well too but I have read some bad reviews on CHIs.

maxiglide has a small version. check out their website and you will see the mini version.

how does sedu differ from maxiglide? does it have steam? does it have these little comb thingys on them like the maxi?

landakaye said:
My hair is short too! I am looking for one that works pretty well too but I have read some bad reviews on CHIs.

what were the bad things about the CHI?

PittGirl06 said:
how does sedu differ from maxiglide? does it have steam? does it have these little comb thingys on them like the maxi?

id like to know this too.

Ar010 said:
what were the bad things about the CHI?

id like to know this too.

On folica.com most of the bad reviews the CHI recieved said it broke down alot. I got a Sedu but haven't used it yet because I'm in braids so I don't know if it's better.

I wonder if anyone has tried the mini glide? Most have said the maxiglide. I need all the tips I can get! :think:

The MiniMaxiglide doesnt use SBS,darnit. Thats the steam burst I wanted. I guess Ill wait til thehair grows then LOL

I looked on folica.com and got scared. The reviewers rave about the sedu, but complain about the heat of the iron. I'm a bit clumsy when it comes to using irons on my hair, so it looks like I'll be getting the maxiglide/miniglide combo. it's not suppose to get hot on the outside like other irons. One girl on folica said she got 2nd degree burns from her sedu... :eek: Way too hot 4 me folks! :grin:

The miniglide is not what I thought it would be- I'm not sure what to do about choosing a flat iron that works! HELP!

I have short hair too. The Maxiglide is too large for short hair and the Miniglide it too small(1/2 inch)...but it depends on how short your hair is though it may not be too small! I own and love the CHI turbo 1 inch!

Last edited:
I've watched this infomercial and I"m hooked but what about those teeth things?

They look like jaws ready to snatch my hair out!! I just envision a big snarly mess of curls and teeth......

the teeth won't hurt u if u comb out your tangles first before use. I can't wait for my hair to get longer! :D

I love the true ceramic pro. I just bought this product last month and it does exactly what it say it will do. If you have frizzy hair, it will straighten it out making it look like you have a fresh relaxer. I truly love this product and use it all the time. I suggest this for anyone to use.

leontyneb said:
Also, true ceramic pro is great for short hair.

My daughter and I saw this informercial on TV the other night and it looked to good to be true. She wants me to buy it because I am not ready to relax her hair she is 9 years old. Does the Tru ceramic pro work on natural never been relaxed hair? It is sorta out of my price range but if it will do what it seems to show it does, this will save me and my daughter a lot of wash day headaches.
Thanks!! :)

Back