I think I have narrowed it down, so......

SEDU, CHI OR MAXIGLIDE????

• SEDU

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • CHI

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • MAXIGLIDE MP

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
I had ordered the sedu from folica for valentine's day. It was on back order so while I waited I purchased a Chi from JC Penney.

I'm texlaxed but extremely close to natural texture, anyway the Chi left my hair bonestraight. Wish I could upload pics.

Two weeks following, my Sedu came in the mail. The Sedu did not give me even half of the results that my Chi did. I also tested it out on my sister's relaxed hair-not impressed.

Needless to say-Sedu went back!!!!

CHI is a keeper!!!!

Good Luck, I did the same thing you're doing before ordering-hence the reason why I went with Sedu in the first place.

I had ordered the sedu from folica for valentine's day. It was on back order so while I waited I purchased a Chi from JC Penney.

I'm texlaxed but extremely close to natural texture, anyway the Chi left my hair bonestraight. Wish I could upload pics.

Two weeks following, my Sedu came in the mail. The Sedu did not give me even half of the results that my Chi did. I also tested it out on my sister's relaxed hair-not impressed.

Needless to say-Sedu went back!!!!

CHI is a keeper!!!!
did the sedu that you ordered have heat control? did the chi you ordered have heat control?
im asking cause i heard some dont, and i was think that perhaps this is the reason why you did not get as good a result with sedu as with chi.
..........................................................................................................

i have never purchased a flat iron or used one until recently i purchased one from one of the ladies on this site. it was the sedu. most of the ladies here that i heard rave about it convinced me that it was a good iron. i heard the chi is wonderful at straightening hair but that it breaks down quickly. overall though even though i heard the chi was good the ladies here still said sedu is better. i went on a couple sites tryna find reviews i saw a bit that were bad about the sedu. but mostly from the older models with no heat control. idk. i hope its as good as the ladies here have said(still waiting on it to get here in the mail). i really wouldnt have anything to compare it to though ..................(shruggs shoulders).

OK I have the Sedu and the Maxiglide MP and I've used the Chi before.

I like them in this order:

Maxiglide MP: It gets my hair straight and I still have a lot of movement/body. I don't use the plate with the teeth (they still scare me) and I love the steam burst!

Sedu: It get's my hair almost too straight and the 1 1/2" plate make styling difficult. If you like stick straight hair go with the Sedu. It leaves my hair a little too lifeless for me. I've tried adjusting the temperature and it wasn't high enough to straighten my hair. You can definately get away with passing it through your hair once if at the right temperature. I think there are 4 settings and it goes up to 410... I usually put it on 325... don't quote me though.

Chi: I like the results better than the Sedu but it didn't have a temp control so that's why it comes in third. Also, it took a couple of passes to get my hair straight.

Last edited:
Back