Mary Mary Snags Reality Show

Iwanthealthyhair67

Gospel Duo Mary Mary Snags Reality Show, Will You Watch?

Monday Nov 21, 2011 – by Britni Danielle
MaryMary-20113.jpeg
According to Deadline.com, gospel music divas Mary Mary are coming to a TV near you.

The Grammy award-winning sisters–Erica and Tina Campbell–just got picked up for a new reality series, tentatively titled Mary Mary.

Mary Mary will reportedly follow the duo as they juggle their hectic careers, growing families, and struggle to stay grounded while they promote their sixth album ‘Something Big.’

WEtv released a statement describing the show and it looks like it’ll feature the ladies’ large extended family.

“Music is a family business for the Campbell sisters: Erica’s husband, Warryn, is the group’s producer and Tina’s husband, Teddy, is the drummer in Jay Leno’s band. Outside of the recording studio, both ladies struggle to balance family life — a challenge all on its own”, the statement said. “Erica and Warryn are expecting their third child in February, and Tina and Teddy are raising a blended family of four. The sisters also have a very large, extended family of seven siblings to deal with — one of which is the group’s stylist — and their parents, who have been married and divorced three times to each other, and now currently separated. When it comes to finding harmony, singing’s the easy part!”
The seriespremieres Thursday, March 29 at 9pm with eight, hour-long episodes.
Will you be tuning in to Mary Mary’s reality show?

^^^ These gifs have me :lachen:. Prolly not though. I'm trying to decrease the amount of time spent entertaining myself not increase it.

I'm reality show out. I'm even getting sick of my fav reality shows: real housewives, biggest loser, house hunters, america next top model.

I guess House Hunters is reality TV? That's one of the few shows me and DH watch.. esp. the international version... :yep:

Okay, this is what I have a problem with...

Why are these professing Christian entertainers on these reality shows and not giving glory to God.

I'm Serious !!!!

Tia and Tamara (Mowry): Not a prayer, not a word, not even an uttered reference to God during their entire show. Not even a nod in His direction. Not a one. But they cussed, drank, had a male stripper at Tamera's bridal shower, wore 'questionable clothing' much of the time.

The Family Crews: Now Terry Crews did okay, but his wife an ORDAINED Minister, felt the need to go to a water park for their son's 5th birthday party and strip down to a bikini, only to have her top come apart when she was coming down the slide. As if that's not enough, she then had to pose for a magazine spread in the same bikini.

I hope she washed it... :look:

Now Mary Mary ... showing skin to millions of viewers.

WHAT's with these PEOPLE! Ai yi yi.... Holy Ta'ledo' :nono::nono::nono:

I posted in the ET thread & I will say it hear that they will probably get a lot of scrutiny regarding their "wordly" ways.

To Shimmie's post - the same goes for the Braxton reality show. If they did not say they were pastor's children you would not know.

I posted in the ET thread & I will say it hear that they will probably get a lot of scrutiny regarding their "wordly" ways.

To Shimmie's post - the same goes for the Braxton reality show. If they did not say they were pastor's children you would not know.

Wow... I didn't know.

Oh you would know. They are like many PK's I know IRL.

Wow... I didn't know.

^^a fan questioned them about going to a Beyonce concert, they basically told the fan that she could 'unfollow' them this was on twitter...

Oh you would know. They are like many PK's I know IRL.

I didn't know the Braxton's for Pastor's Kids. :nono:

JayAnn0513, you're right, though :yep: . Many Pastor's kids rebel.

Le Sigh... :nono:

Deion and Pillar Sanders reality show ...that was another farce ...

Deion and Pillar Sanders ? Who dey?

ETA: I 'googled' them. Guess what? I remember them as guests on TBN. Pillar had at least three guest appearences I can remember. And I read that they are divorcing ??? How sad this is. How sad.

Lord Jesus, please come to their rescue. Heal them from the sins of the world.

pilar1.jpg

Last edited:
Well I guess I'll be watching since I only got cable to watch the Braxton's. LOL We all fall short but errah...........

We need a reality show that shows a REAL Chrisitans life....

Ok, I'm confused. Did I miss the memo about Mary Mary? Someone enlighten me.

I'm asking because I listen to their cd's in my car (mainly their 2nd cd) and I love the lyrics, music, everything. So, if I shouldn't be listening, I need to know that. :yep:

I'm not trying to watch anybody's reality show, though. I'm sick of them all :lol:

Well to me, Mary Mary is worldy. They make music with worldly stars, attends their concerts.. Even the concepts of some of their songs..."Its the God in Me"...they lyrics are more referring to worldy things than spiritual things...

They have even stated that they dont make the songs for christians but for the more secular croud..They refer to their music as "club banging"...i can go on and on...

Ok, I'm confused. Did I miss the memo about Mary Mary? Someone enlighten me.

I'm asking because I listen to their cd's in my car (mainly their 2nd cd) and I love the lyrics, music, everything. So, if I shouldn't be listening, I need to know that. :yep:

I'm not trying to watch anybody's reality show, though. I'm sick of them all :lol:

Back