Married ladies: how long did you wait after your wedding to deposit

vevster

any gift checks you may have received.

My cousin hasn't deposited her checks yet and it has been over a week!

I told her to do this asap and was surprised she didn't.

Shoot I deposited them checks via ATM on the way to the airport to go to my honeymoon. I agree she should have been deposited those checks. I have issues when people do not deposit my check in a timely manner, so I dont even give out checks unless I have too.

we know a bunch of black folks and if we wanted those checks to clear, we felt it would b in our best intrest to deposit them in a timely manner lol...........just sayin'

I usually give folks a month to cash checks I give a gifts. What's the big deal, if you know the check is still out? Just keep the money in the account.

I wrote a check out in May for $35 for this missionary group, after they begged for money. They still haven't cashed it. I don't understand it, but I know my balance will be off by $35 no biggie to me. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me and the 1st time after a year, I figured they had lost the check. It is now 5 years later and they have never cashed the check.

I called my bank and ask them about checks submitted for payment after a year or more. She said unless it is written on the check to void after so many months they have to honor it. If you check rebate checks and such they are only good for 6 months or so. I think I might start writing on gift checks that they are void after 30 days in case folks hold on to them for some reason in the future.

Last edited:
We took some of the cash with us on our honeymoon . The checks were deposited as soon as we returned home a week later.

I don't remember any of them being returned for "no funds"

We left the church around 4:30 pm, and by 6:00 pm, we had the checks in the bank! I hate to have checks sitting around.

Back