March Madness- Do you believe in a mating season?

Carrie A

I know the saying they always call back, but why they callin' all in the same week and two within an hour of each other. And this is after 5 months, 7 months, and 6 years. Very strange.......

Girl, everything blooms, swells, and starts to smell itself in the Spring! :lol:

Good luck & Have fun! ;)

I know the saying they always call back, but why they callin' all in the same week and two within an hour of each other. And this is after 5 months, 7 months, and 6 years. Very strange.......

It is very interesting that when it rains it pours. Sounds great if you're actually interested in talking to any of them again.

I thought this thread was gonna be about basketball, because I was gonna give you my Final Four predictions. :lachen:

But yes, I agree with you! I'm off the market, but all these dudes are hitting me up on Facebook wanting to take me to lunch. Dudes who knew me in middle school and hardly talked to me... :lol: Well, if anything happens with Mr. Man, every dude who contacted me will be getting a lunch date!

What is March Madness? :perplexed

It refers to the March NCAA college basketball tournament, but I'm using it to reference dudes that were acting shady, dropped off the radar for a minute then magically pop up at the same time (which in my case happens to be March).

Last edited:
I thought this thread was gonna be about basketball, because I was gonna give you my Final Four predictions. :lachen:

But yes, I agree with you! I'm off the market, but all these dudes are hitting me up on Facebook wanting to take me to lunch. Dudes who knew me in middle school and hardly talked to me... :lol: Well, if anything happens with Mr. Man, every dude who contacted me will be getting a lunch date!

I'm glad I'm not the only. I thought she was talking about basketball. Then I noticed the thread is in the relationship section. I was like :perplexed.

I hear you, I HEAR YOU! :yep: And, yes, I do believe in a mating season and YES, it is INDEED MARCH MADNESS.

Hahaha! Yes, this is soooo true. Every guy wants a fling around springtime. I think the guys start reminiscing about "the good times" and what could have been... and try to get themselves back in the picture. It's hilarious

I didn't know there was a name for it!!! I was contacted by 4 of them here in the last 24 hours :perplexed:ohwell::lachen:

This thread is funny!

Well it is spring (in everywhere but Chicago it seems lol), and people are getting antsy!

Yep, definitely believe in it! This guy I met at a QT at some point in the last two months or so called me outta the blue. Honestly, I didn't even remember dude, LOL. It was sooo random because he called me the night we met, told me to give him a call sometime (which I never did) and I didn't hear from himi until recently. Great post!

BTW, definitely wasn't interested after a chat on Saturday.

Bumping because yet another fool just left a message on my Facebook wall about "getting together." That's the one I met at Chipotle LAST year. Fool keeps saying to "call him," or to let him know when I'll be in his city. Man, get out of here with that lazy mess! (Plus, I'm taken, lol)

The other dude from earlier in this thread said to make sure I remembered to call him when I got back from my round of March trips.

Again, what's with all these men telling me to call them? Boy, bye!

Oh, I'm gonna start a spinoff... :)

OMG, just yesterday I was on Facebook, and a guy from High School was like, "wow, you are beautiful, xyz" when in high school, guys would not talk to me. And he's like, when I come out to Atlanta, we should go on a dinner date. WTH. Funny though.

Two more scenarios: A guy from elementary/middle school (?), IDK, FB'd me talking about you're a beautiful woman why are you single? yada yada...didn't think anything of it because his status says "married to..." So cool, whatever. I told him he had a beautiful family and asked something about his wife. He was like, "oh we're separated, some things can't be fixed....."...I was like ooookkkk that explain the compliment on FB wall in plain site. He's been messaging me back and forth, about nonsense really, so hmmm. No thanks, tho. Not interested then, not interested now; plus he's still married

2nd scenario-Good guy friend of mine got married a few years ago, but I didn't really deal with him like that anymore b/c he was married. Anyway, he text me today, out of the blue, and I asked him, "How's the wife?" He said, "What wife?" I was like :huh: What?! He said it was too much to text (obviously) and that he'd take me out to dinner. Uhhh, bruh, nobody said anything about wanting to go to dinner, LOL...soo March Madness I guess.

Last edited:
It's that darn Facebook!
My ex from high school, the one that took me to my senior prom and we broke up before I went off to college, sent me a message a few minutes ago and I had to run in here and post about it. I was 18 then - NOW I'M 31!!! He's offered to take me to lunch so we can catch up :wallbash:
:lachen:

The madness has made its way over here as well. :drunk: Now, why do they always come back? Serious question.

Back