March 17-20th Weekend Buys/Hair Treatments

MizaniMami

Hey Girls!
I hope we all had a great weekend and are ready to get back into the swing of things for the week. I'm on spring break so i get a week off, yaaay:D
Anyways, what special treatment/things did you do to your hair this weekend? Any weekend buys?

I clarified and did an Emergencee clarifying. I used Aveda Damage Remedy treatment mixed with the Aveda Damage Remedy conditioner for a deep conditioner .

Oh, I also found an Indian Grocery store around the corner from my campus. So i bought 100% Coconut oil (haven't used it yet) and some Amla oil. Nothing else:eek: This is the only weekend in about 2 mos where I haven't spent more than 30 bucks.

What about you ladies? Any weekend buys or did you do any special hair treats?

Went on a major hair care product spending spree this weekend. It's my pre BC gift to myself.

Bought:
-Blue Fantasia Gel
-Smooth & shine activator
-ORS Lock & Twist
-More J&L Mango leave-in moisturizer
-Sample pack from Asha
-Sample pack from Qhemet, plus Sidr Tree Balm and Tea Tree Grapeseed Pomade
-Sample pack from Oyin, Honey tint, and Funk Butter
-Type cream sample, Sophia old fashion hair grease and leave-in sample from MyHoneyChild

This was my expensive product push to close out my product junkie ways. I'm going to test all these products and see what works, and what won't, post BC. I won't be using any of these until after the BC (waste to use them on hair that's getting cut off, when what I'm already using is just fine).

Cheleigh said:
Went on a major hair care product spending spree this weekend. It's my pre BC gift to myself.

Bought:
-Blue Fantasia Gel
-Smooth & shine activator
-ORS Lock & Twist
-More J&L Mango leave-in moisturizer
-Sample pack from Asha
-Sample pack from Qhemet, plus Sidr Tree Balm and Tea Tree Grapeseed Pomade
-Sample pack from Oyin, Honey tint, and Funk Butter
-Type cream sample, Sophia old fashion hair grease and leave-in sample from MyHoneyChild

This was my expensive product push to close out my product junkie ways. I'm going to test all these products and see what works, and what won't, post BC. I won't be using any of these until after the BC (waste to use them on hair that's getting cut off, when what I'm already using is just fine).

What is this? Where did you order it from?

The only thing I bought was a sample bath pack from Oyin Handmade. The almond scented whipped shea butter should be heavenly for my hair!

OT: has anyone used this or other Oyin products before? I'm trying to cut down on the amounts of items w/ parabens I use.

MizaniMami said:
What is this? Where did you order it from?

From many BSS, although it's often out of stock or only one left.

134247696.jpg

You can also order it online: http://www.rastagroup.com/html/cactus_products.html

bklynwildheart said:
The only thing I bought was a sample bath pack from Oyin Handmade. The almond scented whipped shea butter should be heavenly for my hair!

OT: has anyone used this or other Oyin products before? I'm trying to cut down on the amounts of items w/ parabens I use.

Yes I have. I posted this on another forum so sorry if this seems redundant.
I have tried (I'm relaxed 4a/b by the way):
Greg Juice- It's okay, makes my hair kind of shrivel. For some reason I don't like the smell of rosemary, it irks me. This is like a thin watery texture, I think it would be better for naturals. I give it a :cool:
Whipped Pudding- I really liked this. Smells delish but I've found better products. But this is a really good natural moisturizer. It's a creamy moisturizer. I like it because it has oils in it as well as moisture. I give it a :)
Grand Poo Bar- A disaster for my relaxed hair. Made it INCREDIBLY dry. I can't pinpoint exactly what is was in this. I give this a:eek:
Honey Hemp Conditioner- It was *okay* no bad results or no miraculous results. My mom likes it though. It is a creamy white conditioner and the smell is delish. Didn't do anything bad or good to my hair so i give it a :cool:
Funk Butter- I really really like this, smells divine and left me funk free IN THE HEART OF THE SUMMER too. I won't repurchase until they make it in a roll-on of some sort. It's is hard to apply to the arms, because it chips and falls on the floor which is frustrating. Mines didn't have a 'butter' texture at all. When I first got it it was kinda buttery. But then it got hard. It was like having a solid deo. in a tin container and trying to apply that with fingertips. I really like this but I give it a :cool:

My sister ordered lightening bar- I used it before and I like it, smells very good. But I ordered a whole pound of shea butter and cocoa butter for almost half of this price, so I don't think it's really worth it. I give this a:)

I had an unusually busy "hair" weekend myself. I found I was short on products to care for relaxed hair (I just completed an 11 month stretch):

--It's two weeks after my relaxer, so I went to the salon for a much needed pore cleaning
--Got some more Suave conditioner for my conditioner washes
--Purchased some more S-Curl because (I was almost out)
--Purchased M-T-G (I'm completely out)
--Received my shipment of vitamins from Doctor's Trust and put in an order for one I forgot. Oi! More shipping costs :rolleyes:
--Purchased another jar of NTM

Whew! I'm all set for quite a while, I think. :) :)

I did not buy anything, but I DC with a mixture Profectiv Growth Mask and Miss Key 10en1. SOFT SOFT SOFT MOIST HAIR!!

On my last DC, I used that Miss Key Wheat Germ conditioner and it made my hair hard.

The Profectiv and 10en1 got me back on track thank goodness! :D

WAIT! I almost forgot. Yesterday Giant had the new Dove Advanced Care Therapy Repairing Treatment on sale 2 for $7 and I had a coupon for $1.50 off.

I picked one up to try it out, but my hair felt so good after DC yesterday, I did not want to add anymore products!!

B000E159GA.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

HoneyDew said:
I did not buy anything, but I DC with a mixture Profectiv Growth Mask and Miss Key 10en1. SOFT SOFT SOFT MOIST HAIR!!

On my last DC, I used that Miss Key Wheat Germ conditioner and it made my hair hard.

The Profectiv and 10en1 got me back on track thank goodness! :D

WAIT! I almost forgot. Yesterday Giant had the new Dove Advanced Care Therapy Repairing Treatment on sale 2 for $7 and I had a coupon for $1.50 off.

I picked one up to try it out, but my hair felt so good after DC yesterday, I did not want to add anymore products!!

B000E159GA.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

So you deep conditioned with the Dove? How do you like it? I usually love all of the Dove products they just make my hair TOO soft.

MizaniMami said:
So you deep conditioned with the Dove? How do you like it? I usually love all of the Dove products they just make my hair TOO soft.

No I did not use it, just bought it.

I need to stop buying stuff because I am a creature of habit. I just cannot get away from the products that I know work for me.

I don't think I will try it as a DC initially, though. It seems to be more of a preconditioner type of product.

I will try it this week before Deep Conditoning and let you guys know.

Bought a bottle of Scurl
Sulphur grease by Hollywood Beauty
My scalp has been itching something fierce lately :confused: :confused: :confused:

Back