So what are YOU & your HAIR doing this weekend?

Tonight I am going to wash, deep condition and rollerset. I'm not sure what products I am going to use. But, my tresses are in dire need of TLC.

Kinikakes, if you are willing to go to Queens you can find a ton of Indian groceries in Jackson Heights near 74th street. Just google Indian groceries in Queens and you'll find the exact addresses.

I just clarified, deep conditioned and pampered my hair. I'm about to go out now to find a humidifier, aloe gel and other hair goodies for my darling har.:)

I used Pantene clarifying shampoo, Acetite de Olivia shampoo and Acetite de Olivia conditioner, then Lacio Lacio leave in. Its my first time using dominican products. I used some diluted Lottabody setting lotion, and my rolled up with big pink jetset rollers. I'm sitting under my dryer now. Kini, I have a hood dryer on wheels too, and I absolutely love it. I go all over the house with it. My two year old has been rocking a twist out for a couple of days, I really want to redo her twists, but she is not having it! I want to try these dominican products on her too, lets see how that goes.

I'm washing and deep conditioning tomorrow after one whole week. I usually condition wash on Wednesdays, but didn't this past Wednesday because I've been wearing my hair straight all week (touch up last Saturday). I think I'm going to try out my new Giovanni products.

Yesterday, I got a jump start on the weekend and smothered my dry hair w/Aubrey's Islands Naturals conditioners as a deep conditioning pre-poo, proceeded with shampooing and conditioning. I airdried, Maxiglided my roots and did a crosswrap overnight. Me and my hair are very happy right now. :dinner:

Caramela said:
oooooh. What is a "honey hair masque"? Is it homemade or store bought?

Yes my Honey hair mask is home made. It is mostly honey, and I mix it with black castor oil. I rinse my hair in the shower, pull it back in a ponytail and squeeze the excess water out, the I brush the surface with a boars bristle brush and rub the mixture on like lotion/gel and I complete saturate the hanging hair with the mix and then put it in a bun. So far my hair is MAD about this honey thing, Ive been doing it for almost two weeks and my hair has crazy slip, no shedding or breaking and is ridiculously strong. This is going to be one of my staples, but I know that I am gonna have to clarify at least weekly while I am doing this...:love:

LuvLiLocks said:
Yes my Honey hair mask is home made. It is mostly honey, and I mix it with black castor oil. I rinse my hair in the shower, pull it back in a ponytail and squeeze the excess water out, the I brush the surface with a boars bristle brush and rub the mixture on like lotion/gel and I complete saturate the hanging hair with the mix and then put it in a bun. So far my hair is MAD about this honey thing, Ive been doing it for almost two weeks and my hair has crazy slip, no shedding or breaking and is ridiculously strong. This is going to be one of my staples, but I know that I am gonna have to clarify at least weekly while I am doing this...:love:

That sounds wonderfull. My hair gets no love this weekend either. I just washed and deep conditioned thursday so thats it.

LuvLiLocks said:

That honey mask sounds wonderful. I think I will try that next weekend.

KiniKakes said:
Oh yeah! I also wanted to pick up a good clarifying shampoo. Ive never clarified before in my life, and i wanna start........ so i'll be keeping my eyes peeled for that as well. If I dont end up Henna'ing, i will at the very least clarify and DC! I bought a new free-standing hood dryer, and am eager to try it out!!! :D

That's exciting! I hope to make that investment one day too! I still have the table-top hooded dryer, and a stylist once told me that the free-standing are much much better. :yep:

so1913 said:
My hair gets no love this weekend ! *humph*

Well, shoot your hair gets some love from me! Look at your siggy pic. Your hair gets beautifuller and beautifuller. :lol:

I think it's time for you and your hair to go into modeling. I could stare at your curls all day!

chayil0427 said:
Deep Condition with Nexxus Humectin under the Pibbs...and practice my roller setting skills.

Chayil

I'm under my Pibbs too (first time using it, so I'm excited).

Me and my hair are doing a pre-poo (honey, castor, suave humtress, & evoo). Then I will shampoo, deep condition, and dry w/ hair net under my new dryer. I plan to flatiron afterdwards - so I can wear down when hubby takes me out for V-Day this week.

adw425 said:
Last night I slathered some Back to Basics Ginger Therapy on my hair. My hair did not like this conditioner when I first tried it early last month and I have two 33.3 ounce bottles of it and was not happy, but I tried it again this week and my hair now loves it. It has ginger root, ivy and wheatgerm in it and it makes my hair feel wonderful.

I will wash my hair in the shower in a few hours with Nubian Heritage Raw Shea Butter soap with soymilk, frankincense and myrhh and, about 6:00 pm, take a nice, long hot bath with a book and a glass of Pepsi (I am on the Sweet Success Challenge for I let myself have my favorite thing -- Pepsi -- on the weekends).

After that, I have some powdered herbs of rosemary, oatstraw, kelp, irish moss, horsetail, fenugreek and barley grass in a storage container in my fridge, so I will add to some Africa's Best Organics mayonnaise and let it stay on for a half hour or so -- great tingle. This will be in place of using my protein rich conditioner. I will add some coconut cream, honey and rose petal powder to my moisture mix conditioner - yummy....

Sounds so healthy and wholesome...where do you find these products???

Oh, I forgot...I also got my Dominican conditioners in the mail this week (Lacio Lacio, 10 en 1, salerm 21, and silicon mix, so I'll be using one of them for my DC tonight.

LuvLiLocks said:

I agree about the honey: I just added it to my pre poo mixture last weekend and the diff was wonderful. I had almost no hair to come out and my 5 mo. old NG was incredibly soft, I was amazed, so I'm using it again this weekend too. I also used it on my hubby's hair and it was so soft.

blackbarbie said:
I am going back to the salon (went 2 weeks ago for a relaxer) to get HIGHLIGHTS!!!!!

It's been about a year and a half since I last had them and I am really excited, so wish me luck!!

Good luck Blackbarbie!! I am sure your hair will look just marvelous!!;)

Having a Valentine's Day Bake Sale after church service tomorrow and then meeting "Bob" for dinner and romance so I want to be cute!

Making a henna gloss by mixing in some Dove Moisturizing Conditioner with some leftover henna mix I had in the fridge and slather it on; I hope to have some red shimmer in my indigo'd hair for Valentine's Day week.

Will poo with Therappe and then deep condish with whatever I can find in my hair chest under the sink!

I'm without my hair this weekend...:lol:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

My hair does not want to be bothered too much, so it's up in 4 french braids and the ends were slightly dusted.
It will probably feel the same way next weekend...:lol: :lol:
So I'm hiding my hair.

Pre-pooed with Almond Oil and then got a protein treatment, conditioner, etc...roller set, flat ironed some areas (eek haven't used that in MONTHS) and that's it =) Looking fresh for church tomorrow.

we pre-pooed with a cheapie conditioner. Clarified with Suave, used my CON. Next, I DC with the Lekair and Crema De Bana (sp)...why I have NO idea, it came out hard IMO. Sat under the dryer for about 10 minutes. Then, rinsed and attempted to roller set. My rollers weren't cooperating today. Soooooo, against my hairs' wishes, I blowfried!. I see why I missed it but I felt so bad. The other bad part is I would be wrong if I flat ironed so its just in a ponytail. I guess I will be wearing my half wig until I wash again. Hey can I cowash 5 days later or is that a 2-3 day away thing?

After a 13 week stretch I finally did a touch up. (it came out ok...:ohwell: )
Also, I got to use the Ojon restorative treatment I bought Friday. :)

LuvLiLocks said:
Okay I know we are all recovering pj's, and are in at least 5 challanges, but its the weekend before valentines and my hair wants to be pampered. So I have decided to:

1. Do a clarifying poo
2. Aveda damage remedy treatment
3. Honey hair mask (my new best friend)

Anyone else have special plans for the weekend? Do share ladies :angel:

How do you make your honey hair mask....or is it just honey by itself?? TIA

I plan on clarifying, deep conditioning, and doing a coconut milk rinse. My hair was sooooo dry this week.

I will FINALLY wash my hair on Sunday. I took out box braids over a week ago and have been wearing my hair out. Time to wash and rebraid.

Pre poo w/coconut oil for an hour,cowash w/Nexxus Humectin,dc w/queen helene cholestrol w/heat 15-20 min, then ponytail method to stretch. I need to figure out what to do with on Valentines Day. I may try a bantu knot out.

Today I:

*CO Washed w/Suave Milk & Honey Condish
*Deep Conditioned w/Lekair Cholesterol Plus for 2 hrs w/o heat
*Oiled Scalp w/Castor Oil
*Moisturized w/B&B Growth Moisturizer Lotion
*Sealed w/Coconut Oil
*Airdrying in 2 Big Braids

Ahhhhhhhh....

i just did my full routine. I prepooed with a protien conditioner, clarified, and dc'd with my ors pak. I let it air dry then i rolled up with rollers. This time i am not sitting under the dryer. Last time i tried it my hair came out well so i hope i can cut out all heat, unless i am doing my AphoGee treatment. My hair is shrunken up when it is dry for some reason. I can only see length when it is wet and i am closer to apl.....

My hair and I have a date tomorrow morning:

It's clarifying time (Nexxus Aloe Rid) followed by a moisturing poo (Therappee), and then I'll be doing an Aphoghee treatment of course followed by a DC w/ Humectress. I also treated my hair to some new rollers (the Grey ones :D my hair has moved up) along w/these long bronze double coated Roller pins I'll be trying out tomorrow for the first time. I'll be using my favorite leave-ins Sedal Hydraloe and Ego boost.

Supergirl said:
Well, shoot your hair gets some love from me! Look at your siggy pic. Your hair gets beautifuller and beautifuller. :lol:

I think it's time for you and your hair to go into modeling. I could stare at your curls all day!

:kiss: Aww, thanks Supergirl, that's so nice of you.

I don't think modeling of any kind for me is in the stars, lol.

Nita81 said:
How do you make your honey hair mask....or is it just honey by itself?? TIA

The mask is mostly honey, and i did some research and found that u can mix basically anyoil u like in it.In addition, you can mix an egg, or even blend with avacado..I am gonna explore all the possibilities with this :grin: but for now I am using slightly warm castor oil in a 1/4 cup of honey. The mix can last for up to five days so I'm told.

Back