Maintenance Products for Relaxed Hair

MissB

I am sure this question has been asked before but I need a little assistance. I like to prevent dryness, keep my ends moisturized, and also have a nice sheen to my hair.

When do you use a cream moisturizer? And do you apply it to your hair from root to end? Or on the ends only?

I am finding that cream moisturizers work at various stages of my relaxer. Sometimes I receive better results using an essential oil blend. I am trying to determine when to use oil vs a moisturizer or a hair butter? And how would I effectively incorporate a serum or silicone spray into my regimen?

Usually, I use the silicone spray in the morning before going out the door. I am currently using the following products:

Oil: CD Lisa's Hair Elixir
Serum: Elucence Silk Hydrating Elixir or Joico K-Pak Protect and Shine Serum
Moisturizer: L'Occitane Ultra Rich Hair Cream or Keracare Creme Conditioning Hair Dress
Spray: Straight Request Power Gloss

I am still looking for the perfect moisturizer. I will probably try something new when these two run out. I am thinking about placing an order with either Asha's or Karen's Body Beautiful soon. The siliconce spray is okay but I prefer Design Essentials and will return to this one.

I apologize for the long post. But, I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

MissB

I'm not an experts on silicone sprays. Personally I only use mine when flat-ironing.
To keep my ends moisturized I use a petroleum-based hairdressing (that contains other oils such as coconut and wheatgerm) after washing, before tucking them away into braids or pinned under. I have used lotion-type moisturizers after washing.

Hope you get some more help soon.

I like CD's Some of Margurite Magic which I rub vigorously between my palms to melt it into an oil. I love it so far. When I wash my hair, I do a rollerset with a liquid leave-in (motions) one the hair is dry, I apply it and then do so every day.

When I used to use mango butter by qp elasta, I would mix it with essential fatty acids oil concentrate and spray some silicone into my palm, rub it all together and apply it all over the hair.

I like the CD product now bc I feel I am getting all results: moisture, sheen, ends protection in one product.

Finally, if it is super cold outside, I will spray some braid sheen (which is mostly glycerin and water) then apply the mango butter.

Last edited:
Back