Macherie's Roller Set DVD

Ann816

Hi Ladies:

I ordered Macherie's roller set DVD today. Just curious if anyone have purchased her DVD and if so what are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Ann

I have it and I could have watched YT to get the same infomation. I like how she had someone to film it so it was taken fom different angles and stuff......
Still havent put it to the test though.

I think it's well done, though I don't follow her methods 100%. My hair is too fine for too much manipulation. I also don't blow out my roots. It's a great tutorial, though. :)

I thought it was a good video and tried it twice. I didn't have very good results and it took my hair forever to dry. Not to mention my hair wasn't strong enough for that much manipulation. Now that i'm working on making my hair stronger and lots of conditioning. I plan on trying rollersetting again because I would like to wear my hair down using little to no heat.

I bought it back in December after watching her clips on YT to find out how to roller set. I use her mohawk roller set method with water only. I also use the Keracare products she recommends; which helped my hair to become healthier and longer. I stirred away from Keracare and her methods for a few months because I tried some other suggestions and my hair did not like it, so I have now gone back to the products and methods that helped my hair to grow!!!

Where can one buy this dvd? How much is it? I tried googling it but I can't find where I can actually buy it!

You can buy it here: http://healthtexture.live.subhub.com/store

I have it. I still haven't committed to the rollersetting, but it's nice to have the step by step laid out so well. Sometimes I watch just for inspiration, because her hair is gorgeous. I'm a member of HT and watch all her videos even if they have nothing to do with my regimen, just so I can see her hair :drunk:

I purchased the DVD, but my scalp didn't seem to like it. It really dried out my scalp. I'm still trying to get my scalp right again. Maybe I still need to find the "right" products.

She has beautiful hair and I love watching her vids, but I didn't see this one.

I learned to rollerset by watching buildable beauty and Lorraine Tips on youtube.

They both had excellent tips and I got the hang of it after a couple trys and now it's like second nature.

I have her video and it gave me the confidence to attempt a roller set for the first time in a long time. My hair turned out okay but I think I should have added some setting lotion because my curls didn't last long. I am going to try the one ponytail rollerset technique (saw this in another thread) the next time I try it.

I bought it....it helped me alot b/c I COULD NOT get rollersetting right. Very detailed.
I haven't watched in months but will def. whip it out when I start rollersetting again for a refresher! :yep:

Hi Ladies:

I received the DVD. I would highly recommend it to those of you that do lots of roller sets.

Ann

I have it and I love her method. I was going to the Dom salons before, and now I do all of my rollersets myself. I think it was worth every penny and probably my number one hair purchase since joining LHCF.

I like having the DVD to reference when I get off track. I pretty much follow her method exactly, except I sometimes skip the blowdryer.

I bought it when it first came out, I have watched it a couple of times. Will whip it out again in two weeks when I really have the time to watch it slowly. But I think its good, I probably won't do everything the way she does it but its a good frame of reference.

I loved the DVD. It really gives you step by step instructions.

I'm not a lady who can rollerset with water only cuz it leaves me with tangles and frizz. But if I do it with a light setting lotion, it comes out nice.

My favorite tip that she shares has to do with how to "pick" your hair with a comb rather than pull through it as you rollerset.

I bought my dvd secondhand from a lady on this site for $18.

I purchased it when I was relaxing...It was the only DVD that I actually learned from. Definitely worth the $20 or however much it was.

Back