Macherieamour, thanks so much!!!

OneInAMillion

Girl, thanks so much for sharing your tips on doing protein first. I tried this today with Dudley's Moisturizing Creme Protein (mild protein). I just slathered it on dry hair, put a hot steaming towel & plastic cap on for about 45min-and hour, and then rinses. I washed and deep conditioned as usual, and my hair was so soft that I didn't even want to shampoo! It came out so soft!!! I was even able to rollerset, which is a rarity :grin: .

This will definitely help with my low heat challenge (only hooded dryer heat). Thanks a million :p .

I going to have to give this a try this weekend and see how it works. I do this for my moisturizers but not my proteins. :scratchch

OneInAMillion said:
Girl, thanks so much for sharing your tips on doing protein first. I tried this today with Dudley's Moisturizing Creme Protein (mild protein). I just slathered it on dry hair, put a hot steaming towel & plastic cap on for about 45min-and hour, and then rinses. I washed and deep conditioned as usual, and my hair was so soft that I didn't even want to shampoo! It came out so soft!!! I was even able to rollerset, which is a rarity :grin: .

This will definitely help with my low heat challenge (only hooded dryer heat). Thanks a million :p .

I want to try this method, until I am able to get a hair steamer. How are you steaming your towel?

WOW-this is soo great:) I love doing my protein this way. My hair is soooo strong yet moisturized this way. Im sure others have been doing this for years, but its new to me:)

I kicked it up a notch now. I add olive oil to my protein, wrap with a hot towel, shampoo and condition. I added a lil bit to my deep cond too. Since using Keracare products, my hair usually isnt hard to detangle and all but this kicked it up a notch. Added that lil extra sumptin. My hair today is extra shiny, strong and moisturized, i cant even focus at work:lol: I detangled in NO time with 3 lost hair total. This includes detangling, setting, everything. Im like :D

nikki1971 said:
I want to try this method, until I am able to get a hair steamer. How are you steaming your towel?

I put it under running water (hot) while applying the condish. Then, I wring out the towel and wrap around. Slap a plastic cap over that bad boy and do some chores for 20 mins:)

Great, I've gone from PJ-ism to Routine-ism....Does it ever end?! :lol:

Macherieamour, your hair is gorgeous! What protein do you use for your treatments? I will go to the store for ONE item only. :look:

Ladies, ladies, ladies!!! If you haven't done this, GIVE IT A TRY!!

Oh my gosh!! :shocked: If I didn't know MY hair, I'd swear it was someone elses!! Thank you!!!

I did this treatment today in the following order:

Pre-Poo: Olive Oil mixed with my Tigi Dumb Blonde Reconstructor (was going to use this up, now I might refill), applied mixture to dry hair. Sat under the hair steamer for 20 minutes. Rinsed.

Shampoo: Creme of Nature (the green bottle one).

Towel Dried Hair pretty good.

Condition: Rivas Silicon Mix w/olive Oil. Sat under dryer for 15 minutes (w/plastic cap). Rinsed w/cool water.

Towel dried again. Applied quarter size amount Farouk Silk Leave in.

Blow dried.

Applied IC Hair Plisher Heat Protector.

Flat Ironed.

Results? Looks like I just left the salon. :bouncy:

My hair usually has a very light fly away feel to it, now it has a nice weight to it where it's still got lots of body but isn't dry and wispy. I'll get pictures and post momentarily.

Thank you Macherieamour!!! :kiss:

VWVixxen said:
Ladies, ladies, ladies!!! If you haven't done this, GIVE IT A TRY!!

Oh my gosh!! :shocked: If I didn't know MY hair, I'd swear it was someone elses!! Thank you!!!

I did this treatment today in the following order:

Pre-Poo: Olive Oil mixed with my Tigi Dumb Blonde Reconstructor (was going to use this up, now I might refill), applied mixture to dry hair. Sat under the hair steamer for 20 minutes. Rinsed.

Shampoo: Creme of Nature (the green bottle one).

Towel Dried Hair pretty good.

Condition: Rivas Silicon Mix w/olive Oil. Sat under dryer for 15 minutes (w/plastic cap). Rinsed w/cool water.

Towel dried again. Applied quarter size amount Farouk Silk Leave in.

Blow dried.

Applied IC Hair Plisher Heat Protector.

Flat Ironed.

Results? Looks like I just left the salon. :bouncy:

My hair usually has a very light fly away feel to it, now it has a nice weight to it where it's still got lots of body but isn't dry and wispy. I'll get pictures and post momentarily.

Thank you Macherieamour!!! :kiss:

Wow I have the Dumb Blonde Reconstructor. I'll have to try this next time I use it. I wish I had a steamer :cool:

Now I understand why her hair looks the way it does!! :yep:

Here are the photos of my results. I did a rush job on the flat ironing so it's not as nice as it could be but I got errands to run!

Attachments

• ProteinPrePooTreatment052606-vi.jpg
    ProteinPrePooTreatment052606-vi.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 33
  • ProteinPrePooTreatment0526062-vi.jpg
    ProteinPrePooTreatment0526062-vi.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 27
  • ProteinPrePooTreatment0526063-vi.jpg
    ProteinPrePooTreatment0526063-vi.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 20
  • ProteinPrePooTreatment0526061-vi.jpg
    ProteinPrePooTreatment0526061-vi.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 22
VWVixxen said:

Here are the photos of my results. I did a rush job on the flat ironing so it's not as nice as it could be but I got errands to run!

Wow!!! It looks great V!

VWVixxen said:

I love your gorgeous, shiny results VWVixxen!!
I too have experienced great success using the protein (Keraphix) first although I didn't use steam. It still worked very well and my hair ended up very strong yet soft and full of body. I too posted about this in a recent thread and this method is now a permanent part of my regimen. Thanks again Macherieamour! ;)

Alright, I tried this tonight and I'm getting the exact results that you all have spoken of so far. :up: I'm only about 30% dry right now though, so we'll see how it feels once completely dry.

I used Motions Mois (about 20 minutes) rinsed then shampooed with Elasta QP Shampoo for relaxed hair and conditioned with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner.

macherieamour said:
WOW-this is soo great:) I love doing my protein this way. My hair is soooo strong yet moisturized this way. Im sure others have been doing this for years, but its new to me:)

I kicked it up a notch now. I add olive oil to my protein, wrap with a hot towel, shampoo and condition. I added a lil bit to my deep cond too. Since using Keracare products, my hair usually isnt hard to detangle and all but this kicked it up a notch. Added that lil extra sumptin. My hair today is extra shiny, strong and moisturized, i cant even focus at work:lol: I detangled in NO time with 3 lost hair total. This includes detangling, setting, everything. Im like :D

Thanks for this advice. I did this last week and I currently doing it right now as we speak with an electric heating cap ( I put a plastic cap on and then the cap. I used ORS Hair Mayonaise and did the intensive treatment (instructions on the label) which is to add an egg. Thus far I like it. My hair was extremely soft by doing this. The ORS Hair Mayonaise already has olive oil, egg powder and some other things in it for moisture and to add the egg was even better! Good looking out!

VWVixxen said:

V your hair is the shiznick!!! It is so healthy and silky!

I can't wait to try this method!

This is looking good so far, I used keraphix, elucence poo, ors pak + porosity control, I am going to wash it out and well see.

How often can this be done? I know some people use ORS Mayo once a week, would this be too much to do that often? God bless you all.

VWVixxen said:

Lovely results! Girlllllllllllll, you are growing like crazy over there!

I can't wait to try this tormorrow morning. I'm barbecuing today so I'm just doing a quick cw.

It appears this is only good for creme based proteins, however.

I wonder if I'd have good results with Emergencee, Aphogee, or Ion Reconstructor? I'm planning on using one of those gel types tomorrow. Anyone had such luck? Hmm...

Synthia said:
I can't wait to try this tormorrow morning. I'm barbecuing today so I'm just doing a quick cw.

It appears this is only good for creme based proteins, however.

I wonder if I'd have good results with Emergencee, Aphogee, or Ion Reconstructor? I'm planning on using one of those gel types tomorrow. Anyone had such luck? Hmm...

You know, I was rummaging through my cabinets yesterday and saw my Emergencee, I was wondering the same thing.

Thank you for the all the compliments ladies! :kiss:

If it weren't for you all, I'd still look like a hotmess about the head! :lol:

I tried this a couple weeks ago and its now part of my regular regime. I posted my results in another post similar to this but just wanted to add that I still have soft strong shiny hair 12 weeks post touch up. This method is amazing.

macherieamour said:
I use ORS Mayo but there are sooo many good proteins out there. This one was just sitting in my lcoset forever!!!

hey chick, do you add egg to your ors mayo? i see that is one of the methods on the back..thanks! this sounds interesting, cos i never really like the other way, washing protein, deep con reh reh, just seems so tedius. so when i need my natural protein mixture i'm gonna try youurr way :D

:) This is so great! It is tedious but if u find that ur hair doesnt need a deep cond afterwards, it saves SOO much time:)

Hi Candy gurl, I use the ORS Mayo straight, no chaser. My hair doesnt like a lot of protein so its cool with just the mayo. When I run outta that, Im gonna try GPB, its been in my closet for over a year.

I think u can use this method with any conditioner ( a great way to clean out ur closet!!!). Everyone here has used different ones :grin:

OH I forgot to mention that I dont feel the need to use a deep cond after I shampoo with a conditioning detangling shampoo like CON or Keracare detangling:)

Back