Macherieamour, thanks so much!!!

czyfaith77 said:
The ORS Hair Mayonaise already has olive oil, egg powder and some other things in it for moisture and to add the egg was even better!

I was curious about the egg thing so I did some research on whether it's better to add the whole egg, yolk only or white only:

I whipped out my "The NutriBase Nutrition Facts Desk Reference Second Edition" book to answer the question for myself. Here's what I found on page 255:

Per Egg:

White Only, Raw, Large - 17 KCal, 3.5 grams protein, 0.0 grams fat
Whole Egg, Raw, Large - 75 KCal, 6 grams protein, 5.0 grams fat
Yolk Only, Raw, Large - 59 KCal, 3 grams protein, 5.1 grams fat

I don't eat yolks because of the fat content and watching my caloric intake but I now have use for them. :up: I was of the impression they were strictly fat, when in retrospect, that's not what I've heard at all, it's just that that is where ALL the egg fat is. Usually I just toss them down the drain. :look: But there's no way I'm sacrificing my whites for anything besides my diet, NO way! :grin:

macherieamour said:
OH I forgot to mention that I dont feel the need to use a deep cond after I shampoo with a conditioning detangling shampoo like CON or Keracare detangling:)

Yeah, when I did it, I went through the whole deep conditioning routine after, even though I don't think I needed at all. Next time, I'll skip that step all together!

VWVixxen said:
You know, I was rummaging through my cabinets yesterday and saw my Emergencee, I was wondering the same thing.

OK. I did try this with a gel protein treatment/reconstructor Sunday and it worked fabulously ! :grin:.

Now, I'm hooked. It wasn't my week to use Emergencee. I used Ion Keratin Protein Reconstructor (same consistency). I put tons of it on dry hair, put my heat cap on for 20 minutes. Then pooed and used my ACV rinse. My hair felt incredible. I deep conditioned with a moisturizing conditioner afterward anyway, because I like to make sure I give myself moisture with any protein treatment.

I was fearful at first, thinking...did I just shampoo and rinse all my protein down the drain? But no, once it penetrates with the heat, it lasts and I definitely noticed the wonderful effects after my hair air-dried...so it did "take." :giggle:

So, in the future I'll apply Emergencee this way and maybe even Aphogee. I'm sure the hair absorbed the benefits so much better since it's not competing with water.

I'm never applying protein to wet hair again. :) (well, I think I might have to do Duo Tex this way ...it's a liquid ...not sure)

Last edited:
Synthia said:
OK. I did try this with a gel protein treatment/reconstructor Sunday and it worked fabulously ! :grin:.

Now, I'm hooked. It wasn't my week to use Emergencee. I used Ion Keratin Protein Reconstructor (same consistency). I put tons of it on dry hair, put my heat cap on for 20 minutes. Then pooed and used my ACV rinse. My hair felt incredible. I deep conditioned with a moisturizing conditioner afterward anyway, because I like to make sure I give myself moisture with any protein treatment.

OT: Your hair looks great! Ok, back on topic... :lol: Did you use the wet towel under the heat cap, plastic cap with the heat cap or just the heat cap? So many questions...so much hair to grow!!

TIA!

VWVixxen said:
OT: Your hair looks great! Ok, back on topic... :lol: Did you use the wet towel under the heat cap, plastic cap with the heat cap or just the heat cap? So many questions...so much hair to grow!!

TIA!

Thanks, V! :)

I used a thin plastic shower cap to protect the undercap that came with my Gold n' Hot heating cap.

Then on top of that I used the plastic reusuable undercap that came with the Gold n' Hot. Then I put the heating cap on high.

When I do moisture treatments ...I use a wet towel for a steam effect, but I haven't been inclined to do that with gel protein. Not sure why ... I do use it with creme protein treatments...

Thanks Synthia for the response. I'll continue to give this some thought with regards to the Gel Proteins. I'm really curious about the Aphogee treatment. This would be a great way to get the benefits and by pass that awful stiffness! :scratchch

VWVixxen said:
Now I understand why her hair looks the way it does!! :yep:

Here are the photos of my results. I did a rush job on the flat ironing so it's not as nice as it could be but I got errands to run!

WOW!!

Looks very healthy, shiny and beautiful :)

Thank you DSylla!! :kiss:

Ladies, I don't know if any of you typically do NOT eat the yolks of your eggs (like myself) but I've found when I try to save them in the fridge, they start getting icky after a day or two if left in plain water. So...I found a use for my Cooking oil that I don't use. I put a little in with the eggs yolks to keep them from drying out.

Now, I save them to use with my weekly treatments! :yay:

ITA! Once I get rid of my protein stash, Ill be just using eggs and oil (mayonnaise) for my protein prepoo!!!! Anky uses this all the time and her hair is beautiful:)

Coming in to report my results. I love, love this method and finally found a way to use that ORS mayo in a way that does not leave my hair hard. I mix the mayo with a little evoo and honey. I apply to dry hair and wrap with a hot towel and put on two plastic caps and leave on for about 20 mins, wash, and condition (sometimes deep con sometimes not). I love it. I got the same wonderful results that everyone else is reporting.

Macherie, I could kiss you! :kiss:

macherieamour said:
ITA! Once I get rid of my protein stash, Ill be just using eggs and oil (mayonnaise) for my protein prepoo!!!! Anky uses this all the time and her hair is beautiful:)

good idea. i bought that ors mayo as i got it cheap from the terrible hair show. i may give it to my aunt whos having breakage issues, she never used a reconstructor after her relaxer so i may just give this to her and do my homemade recipe. its always fun creating things in the kitchen!

I did this last night! It came out very well. The only problem I had was getting the towel to fit over my big ole' head lol.

MizaniMami said:
I did this last night! It came out very well. The only problem I had was getting the towel to fit over my big ole' head lol.

Puh-leaze!! It wasn't your head, it was ALL THAT HAIR!! :lol:

macherieamour said:
:) This is so great! It is tedious but if u find that ur hair doesnt need a deep cond afterwards, it saves SOO much time:)

Hi Candy gurl, I use the ORS Mayo straight, no chaser. My hair doesnt like a lot of protein so its cool with just the mayo. When I run outta that, Im gonna try GPB, its been in my closet for over a year.

I think u can use this method with any conditioner ( a great way to clean out ur closet!!!). Everyone here has used different ones :grin:

I've done this same method with GPB in the past and the results were amazing. I don't know why I ever stopped. Thanks for this thread. I can't wait to do tis again. :)

Back