Macherie Rollerset Success Story!!!! Pics are inside...

BotanyGrl

This was my first rollerset. The set did not look perfect at all. Hair and rollers were all over the place. I had too few rollers in my mohawk, parts were jacked, and anything else you can possibly think of, lol.. But it was ok for my first time. The results were great even though the back of my hair was a little damp :lachen:

1. I clarified and gave myself a light protein treatment w/ Aphogee 2 min Keratin.
2. I deep conditioned, then gave myself an oil rinse w/ Coconut Oil. Thanks Sareca :grin:
3. Next, I put just over a quarter size of Lacio Lacio, a dime size of Keracare Silken Seal, and a quarter size of Fantasia IC heat protectant.
4. Then I went to work. I detangled my hair with water. My spray bottle sounded just like Macheries:grin: I tried to do my best putting the rollers in and parting but I started losing my patience. It seemed as if it was going to come out jacked. And boy did those rollers looked jacked :nono: After I finished, I could have cared less.
5. Sat under the dryer on and off for an hour and a half.
6. Pulled the curls down and saran wrapped it. Then sat under the dryer again.

My hair turned out beautiful. It was so soft, looked great, and best of all... It was swinging! Thank you so much Macherie. I heart you girl and can't wait for your self-relaxing DVD! I will buy 5 copies!!!!

Ladies, I am far from a hair person. Macherie made me a believer and her DVD gave me the confidence to try doing my own hair. Buy the DVD, you will not regret it.

BTW, There are more pictures in my fotki.

Attachments

• DSC00822.JPG
    DSC00822.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC00842.JPG
    DSC00842.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC00830.JPG
    DSC00830.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 201
  • DSC00844.JPG
    DSC00844.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC00848.JPG
    DSC00848.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 235
Your hair looks freaking amazing!!!!! i am so proud of you girlfriend. i did this for the first time last week after watching the dvd and my rollers looked horrible!!! my hair came out okay but nothing like yours!!! two thumbs up:yep:

Thanks everyone for the compliments! I know it's going to get better with practice. I am soooo excited right now and I absolutely love it!

Your hair looks freaking amazing!!!!! i am so proud of you girlfriend. i did this for the first time last week after watching the dvd and my rollers looked horrible!!! my hair came out okay but nothing like yours!!! two thumbs up:yep:
If you would have seen my rollers in person, you would have been on the floor dying laughing. I kept forgetting to "roll, roll, pull" and hair was coming all out of the rollers :nono: I still can't believe my hair loves water. I haven't detangled with water since I was a little girl and my mom sprayed it on my hair when she did it.

your rollers set still looks way better than mine..i know what your talking about. I had mad loose rollers all over my head..anyways.I just came back to rate this thread 5 stars.:yep:

Are you gonna do it more often?

I'm gonna do it every week...only flatiron on my touch up days for length check.

Thanks again everyone!

your rollers set still looks way better than mine..i know what your talking about. I had mad loose rollers all over my head..anyways.I just came back to rate this thread 5 stars.:yep:

Are you gonna do it more often?

I'm gonna do it every week...only flatiron on my touch up days for length check.

I'm sure your rollerset looked good! We have to keep practicing, lol.
I'm going to do rollersets with every wash now. I wash every 1-2 weeks depending on how busy I am. I'm going to see how long I can stay away from my curling irons.

Your hair is beautiful...where can I buy the Macherie DVD? I keep hearing great things about it!! I really want to try it...:grin:

Ummmmm........ can u PM me with the procedure? :look: I really wanna know how u got your hair straight after a rollerset :yep:

very nice! I just got Macherie's dvd in the mail yesterday and am about to watch it. Im just impatiently waiting for my dryer to get here and Im set!

321, you hair look great. I love Macherie DVD and so does my 6 year old daughter, she has perfected rolling her Babrie Head.:grin:

it came out great! every since i used her method my hair has been coming out straighter and less frizzy, which makes my hair appear shinier. i could definitely see a difference.

This was my first rollerset. The set did not look perfect at all. Hair and rollers were all over the place. I had too few rollers in my mohawk, parts were jacked, and anything else you can possibly think of, lol.. But it was ok for my first time. The results were great even though the back of my hair was a little damp :lachen:

1. I clarified and gave myself a light protein treatment w/ Aphogee 2 min Keratin.
2. I deep conditioned, then gave myself an oil rinse w/ Coconut Oil. Thanks Sareca :grin:
3. Next, I put just over a quarter size of Lacio Lacio, a dime size of Keracare Silken Seal, and a quarter size of Fantasia IC heat protectant.
4. Then I went to work. I detangled my hair with water. My spray bottle sounded just like Macheries:grin: I tried to do my best putting the rollers in and parting but I started losing my patience. It seemed as if it was going to come out jacked. And boy did those rollers looked jacked :nono: After I finished, I could have cared less.
5. Sat under the dryer on and off for an hour and a half.
6. Pulled the curls down and saran wrapped it. Then sat under the dryer again.

My hair turned out beautiful. It was so soft, looked great, and best of all... It was swinging! Thank you so much Macherie. I heart you girl and can't wait for your self-relaxing DVD! I will buy 5 copies!!!!

Ladies, I am far from a hair person. Macherie made me a believer and her DVD gave me the confidence to try doing my own hair. Buy the DVD, you will not regret it.

BTW, There are more pictures in my fotki.

::repeats to self over and over again "I WILL NOT RELAX"::

I swear, if you guys keep posting these bangin' pics of relaxed hair, ain't no tellin what I'm gonna do!!! I miss the rollersetting and rollerwraps!

321, your hair looks so good!!! I'm happy that it worked for you!!!

Back