Maca Root- Sex and Hair Growth 2010

My friend whose 5 months pregnant eats Maca...and her hair is delish and thick...and I know it not all pregnancy. I hope to try it soon....

Do you guys just add Maca to your smoothies or yoghurt?

i took the pills... 3 in the morning and 3 early evening (not too late or you wont be able to go nite nite).

if you mix it with royal jelly you can reduce possible acne. it does wonders for your skin, is an additional boost for mood and energy, and some people also got a boost in their booties and tatas.

i've been both for a yr now. i did gain an inch in my boobs and 2 in my booty while not gaining anything in my waist which is unusual for me as my waist is the 1st place i gain. but i was also doing butt work outs. however i have stopped working out (cause i'm a lazy cow at times lol) and the 2 inches have remained.

but the 2 inches are not noticeable and being on it for so long you would think i would gain more. but some girls notice a HUGE difference. but they also took way more maca and rj than i did. i liked it for my mood

uuuhh... like salt???

i dunno... i never worried about it and my doctor never said anything. she did say drink lots of water.

why do you ask? have your heard or read something stating you should?

I think the lack of salt is related to goiters. I was researching maca root and one of the possible side effects is goiters if you do not have enough salt in your diet.

It shouldn't be too much of a problem because most Americans consume way more than 2,400mg salt daily.

I think the lack of salt is related to goiters. I was researching maca root and one of the possible side effects is goiters if you do not have enough salt in your diet.

It shouldn't be too much of a problem because most Americans consume way more than 2,400mg salt daily.
thank you... that explains the concern and also explains why i didnt have an issue. i dont cook with lots of salt but i eat out a lot so that's where all my salt and bad stuff that turns to fat rolls comes from lol if i cooked all my meals i'd be much thinner and healthier :lachen:

I have been taking Maca on and off for the past two months and I feel great. I was taken the Kallaq brand that I brought from Shamans Market, after doing research and speaking to the folks at Whole foods , I decided to take NOW brand because its a very potent one (6:1 ratio). I cannot see any difference yet, but I will keep you guys updated.

this is the one i am taking...

I bought some maca root right after I had my daughter last year in the powder form. I had taken it for six months before I got preggo again. Lol. I'm not sure if it enhanced my sex drive, but I think it made me more fertile. FYI: I am preggo now (due date:sept 24). It did however, enhance my curves, both butt and waist. I was slimming up and my stomach was becoming flatter and my butt was more shapely and rounder. I am still maintaing the curves I gained from my booty. I felt sexier because I had a sexier body and my DH loved it! I was not aware of the hair growth aspect of it, but I plan on using it again after the baby. I will probably do a thread on it towards the end of the year. It definately worth the try, especially if you find a cheap price for it. I think I paid $7.99 for a quart of the Maca root powder. Hope this helps and good luck!

which brand did you take..?

I too found this when researching Maca. The pics of women with goiters had me VERY concerned.

well i finally looked up goiters.... yup, that's gross. but like i said. i've been on it for a full year now and dont have an issue. i was even on it when i was on a diet and eating 100x healthier and didnt develop an issue. i think as long as you have a normal diet and arent vegan or something you should be fine. theres a whole body forum of chicks who take it and none of them have had issues either. but if you are still concerned. consult your doctor and find out what measures you should take to avoid it

Does it increase libido and fertility because it increases blood circulation to the sex/reproductive organs?

no it effects the hormone levels your body produces...

its a nice feeling :D there may be an increase in um *TMI ALERT* wetness at odd moments. and increase in libido at odd moments too lol

i remember one time being in the most boring meeting at work when i got this hot flash and OMG... it was hard to sit still and listen to what was going on :lachen: wooh chile!!! i hope you have a man! you'll be in a good mood all the time and a freak lol

^^I am still waiting for that...but it has improved my moods. I notice a difference when i don't take it..

how long have you been on it and how much are you taking? my mood was noticeably better after about a week and the feelings came up a few days after that lol

how long have you been on it and how much are you taking? my mood was noticeably better after about a week and the feelings came up a few days after that lol

3 weeks i take the now brand gelatinized with the 6:1 ratio. i am not moody nor getting any hot flashes..but i want the other thang...:lachen:

I am thinking about switching to the navitas brand..my b-day is this week so i will treat myself to that..

which brand are you taking..to recieve these results/

Very interesting! Does it regulate periods, my cycle is so irregular and we want to start trying for a baby.

If I were you, I would. I've been off my BC for almost 2 months now..and my periods are starting to get regular..and shorter and lighter. Good luck and happy baby making :yep:

i remember one time being in the most boring meeting at work when i got this hot flash and OMG... it was hard to sit still and listen to what was going on :lachen: wooh chile!!! i hope you have a man! you'll be in a good mood all the time and a freak lol

LMAO. I can't wait till this Maca wave of love starts, grown women attacking men they see on the streets in fits of maca-desire :lachen:

Actually I'm thinking on going on it too, I may not have a man but ain't nothing wrong with some good feelings :blush:

3 weeks...but i read that it takes 3 months to get the full benefits..i take two of the now brand gelatinized version...i just don't want my face to break out.

on bhm those women are talking results in a couple of days to a couple of weeks. nothing ever works for me that fast.

For those taking the powder brand...what are you mixing it with...I am burnt out with the soy milk and hemp milk..almond milk make my lips swell up bigger than angelina jolies..so do tell..

I mix mine with unsweetened apple juice,along with spirulina and chorella. I barely taste any of those.

3 weeks i take the now brand gelatinized with the 6:1 ratio. i am not moody nor getting any hot flashes..but i want the other thang...:lachen:

I am thinking about switching to the navitas brand..my b-day is this week so i will treat myself to that..

which brand are you taking..to recieve these results/

its called herbs america maca magic 500mg capsules. 3 in the am 3 in the pm
here's a link

i do not recommend the liquid. it tastes like bad prunes and you have to take A LOT. i've never tried the powder, i rather stick with the pills.

its nice :D

and to the one who asked about regulating periods. i've heard several women say it does. i naturally have an irregular period but because i'm on birth control i dont know if it would have regulated mine. however it did lessen cramps and made it lighter so that is a plus

LMAO. I can't wait till this Maca wave of love starts, grown women attacking men they see on the streets in fits of maca-desire :lachen:

Actually I'm thinking on going on it too, I may not have a man but ain't nothing wrong with some good feelings :blush:

girl!!!! i'm telling you! it was a hot mess sometimes cause i was so distracted :lachen: i was finding men attractive that wasnt even my damn type!

but after a while you get control of your self again. but the feelings stick around... THE WHOLE TIME!!! i guess it just becomes normal eventually lol i dont know how else to explain it.

but put it this way... no matter what kind of day i had, what happened or anything, when my man was like "hey" i was like "dude, lets go" lol i was never not in the mood or too irritated lol

I been talking maca for awhile. It does get the juices flowing down there as well as gives me tons of energy. It added to my butt growth as well.

its called herbs america maca magic 500mg capsules. 3 in the am 3 in the pm
here's a link

i do not recommend the liquid. it tastes like bad prunes and you have to take A LOT. i've never tried the powder, i rather stick with the pills.

its nice :D

and to the one who asked about regulating periods. i've heard several women say it does. i naturally have an irregular period but because i'm on birth control i dont know if it would have regulated mine. however it did lessen cramps and made it lighter so that is a plus

i heard about the liquid..i would not take that at all..
i refuse to eat or drink anything nasty or tasteless..

Please tell me your skin didn't break out?

i heard about the liquid..i would not take that at all..
i refuse to eat or drink anything nasty or tasteless..

Please tell me your skin didn't break out?

i did not break out... in fact my skin became awesome but i dont know what to contribute that too. i heard royal jelly improves your skin and i was taking that. but at the same time i started to use shea butter whipped with evco as my sole facial moisturizer so it could have been that. i really cant say.

but in addition to that i've never really had skin issues (except for large amounts of biotin lol)

oh yeah, i also want to add that all the chicks who i knew (online) who got break outs from it was taking A LOT of maca. like 4 500mg pills 3x a day and more. soooooo....

I was taking 6 500 mg pills a day but i didn't break out, I also drink a lot of water. I now take the powder form now though

Back