Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus

Cayenne0622

I'm posting this topic because I mistakenly said that I tried Lekair Cholesterol on another thread.

This one is good! $2.49 at Sally's ($2.29 with a Sally's card).

It says this on the front (and this is why it caught my eye):
Treats & Prevents Heat & Chemical Damage
Hydrates Dry, Over-Processed & Porous Hair

I added some other stuff to it because I have sooooooo much stuff but my hair feels really nice.

Im a HUGE fan of this conditioner and the smell is just delicious, I always smell it in my hair even after its dry! The slip is also fantastic!

Babygurl said:
Im a HUGE fan of this conditioner and the smell is just delicious, I always smell it in my hair even after its dry! The slip is also fantastic!

Babygurl, I can't hardly take it when you post something. :lachen: I get anxiety attacks when I look at your hair. I look at where you started and where you are and I start feeling nervous and wayyy to anxious to get to there. You have done a wonderful job with your hair.

Aw, thank you so much. You'll get there, just have patience, that was the ONLY way I got there, and patience has NEVER been something Ive had, but my slow growing hair gave me no choice but to sit there and wait :lol:

I'm also a fan of this conditioner. But I went and tried the Aloe Vera Detangling one they have at Sally's and you KNOW I'm mad at myself - does NOT compare to the Shea Butter.....at all!

I have that conditioner and it smells delish! It's pretty cheap. I'm not sure i remember how it works by itself cause i dont think i ever used it by itself. But i'm pretty sure it great!

How bout I forgot I had this so I dug it out of my product bin (not a word lol) and mixed some EVOO, coconut oil, and a touch of castor oil with it. I sat under a dryer for about an hour (with a good book) and my hair was GRAND!

Cayenne0622 said:
Babygurl, I can't hardly take it when you post something. :lachen: I get anxiety attacks when I look at your hair. I look at where you started and where you are and I start feeling nervous and wayyy to anxious to get to there. You have done a wonderful job with your hair.

I feel the same way. I was just stalking her fotki the other day. :love: I just started really taking care of my hair and trying to grow it out since Oct, so it seems like my hair is growing at a snail's pace. :lol:

Cayenne0622 said:
I'm posting this topic because I mistakenly said that I tried Lekair Cholesterol on another thread.

I added some other stuff to it because I have sooooooo much stuff but my hair feels really nice.

This is my new fave product (for now...my friends are looking to enroll me in a 12-step program for my PJ-ness:D )...The BONUS is that I found this at my local Sally's for $1.73! I'm going back to stock up.:grin:

Thank you so much for this!! I'll give it a try. Maybe it will be a good substitute for my beloved Lekair which Sally's does not carry.

Cayenne0622 said:

It's a great conditioner! :up:

Jessy55 said:
Thank you so much for this!! I'll give it a try. Maybe it will be a good substitute for my beloved Lekair which Sally's does not carry.

Wal-Mart always has LeKair on hand. That's one of my favorites too. :)

I've tried this before as a Deep Condition after rinsing out a relaxer and it left my hair soft of hard...like when you use a protein treatment. Is it considered a light protein conditioner?

I use both Lustrasilk and Leklair and love both. I recently bought the Olive Oil one and it leaves my hair sooooo soft. I mainly use them for co washes during the warmer months but sometimes I dc with it. I love these two and always have some because it's sooooo cheap. I have Lustrasilk shea butter...love it, Leklair regular cholesterol...love it, and the Olive Oil conditioner...love it...but I don't know is the Olive Oil conditioner is by Lustrasilk or Leklair because I'm not home right now:)

I love this stuff. I tried the Africa's Best Organics Hair Mayo and it left my hair feeling crazy. So if it ain't broke....don't fix it. :)

Shaniquah said:
I'm also a fan of this conditioner. But I went and tried the Aloe Vera Detangling one they have at Sally's and you KNOW I'm mad at myself - does NOT compare to the Shea Butter.....at all!

Babygurl said:

Aww geez...really?! I bought the Aloe Vera one to try....I'll give it to my mom/sister/cousin and cop the Shea Butter one...and if Babygurl is a fan...then I have to try it...

I tried this product yesterday after a relaxer and I love it. My hair was more moisturized and shinier than after my last few relaxers and this product smells great. I can't completely isolate my good result to this because I also used ORS hair lotion on my wet hair and that's a pretty good product too.

Added bonuses - it's easy to find and cheap.

Back