Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2024

What problem are you looking to resolve so you CAN have Luscious, Healthy Ends in 2024?

• Total voters
@keranikki
That's okay. We all have been there. That's why 102% of us are on this board. That extra 2% is for those of us who have to learn the hard way. AND you have the knowledge to get back on track. AND you now have documented information from your experience about what processes to avoid in the future.

Last edited:
2v2Z2q1A5x2dVif.jpg
2v2Z2q16rx2dVif.jpg
2v2Z2q1tjx2dVif.jpg

I am on my third batch of sprouted fenugreek oil. :kiss: Thank you, @newgrowth15 .

Using the Oil:
I like to mist my hair with warm water and then put the oil in my parts, then through the scalp of each braided section. Then, I pull my hair up and cover with a plastic cap and put a scarf over the plastic cap for bed. When I wake up my hair is super soft and moist.

New Challenge Arises:
My Hair Ends were getting tangles and I found myself getting knotted ends EVERY DAY. I was getting micro-breakage due to removing some kind of knot.

New Modification:
So, I grease up my ends, roll the hair up and then secure it with a coated rubber band that I put around the hair very loosely. The balled up hair is the same length as my front braids so I look like I have a braided 'bob'.

Pictures from Left to Right:
  1. First picture shows how sprouted fenugreek oil keeps my hair soft, shiny and lubricated. My hair is less wiry when dry.
  2. Second picture shows one of the balls or back braids rolled up and secured with a coated rubber band.
  3. The last picture with my hand splayed open is showing how I ball up the back braids, which are the ones that get tangled on the ends and knot. But, I leave the braids in front as they are, the ones in FRONT of my ear parts, with curls on the ends because the front ones don't knot like my back braids. That is due to the fact that my hair in the front is a different texture than the hair in the back. The hair in the back is a coarser texture.

So, I am trying this until December. I was getting knots, breakage and tangles everyday even though the ends were lubricated. I tried to ignore it but got tired of hair tangling. My hair needs more protection. Hence, I've put in these balls 'back into my head/hair style" which is hair rolled up and secured with a coated rubber band. The balled up braids are only on the four braids in the very back of my head.

I've been refining and tweaking my hair process for years, and my hair says, "Still I Rise", and brings me another challenge I have to address and try to resolve with yet another modification to my hair regimen. I can't complain because as a result, my hair knowledge continues to get deeper and wider with every modification/challenge iteration.

Last edited:
@Chicoro Your hair loves plot twists lol. It reminds of that commercial where the guy used to say "wait there's more" lol
Absolutely! I used to get frustrated. But as I look back over my path, I realize that I have never been led too far astray. And even more importantly, if I diligently seek out the wisdom that is presented before me, the answer to my Hair dilemma always lies before me in front of my eyes to see. Those plot twists are my Saving Grace in that my hair challenges and triumphs have created opportunities for me of which I never imagined. It may sound lofty and trite, but it’s so true. “Hair, bring on those plot twists!” The adventure awaits! Like you, I too have come to learn that I am not lucky, but that I am blessed. :kiss: Thank you for the reminder.

Anyone interested in a scalp focused thread (kinda like this one is focused on ends)?

I need someone else to have this scalp obsession like I do and we could talk about scalp routines and have in- depth looks into our scalp to see how it’s doing. Maybe comparing new growth based on different routines. That 30$ microscope changed so much for me

Anyone interested in a scalp focused thread (kinda like this one is focused on ends)?

I need someone else to have this scalp obsession like I do and we could talk about scalp routines and have in- depth looks into our scalp to see how it’s doing. Maybe comparing new growth based on different routines. That 30$ microscope changed so much for me
Microscope? What microscope? Did you post about in this thread? A $30 dollar microscope? What did it change for you? Sounds fascinating!

Microscope? What microscope? Did you post about in this thread? A $30 dollar microscope? What did it change for you? Sounds fascinating!
There’s a bunch of handheld microscopes that are really good at getting a picture of your ends/ scalp. I’ve posted in other threads about it, can’t recall if this was one of them.

I’ve been able to tell when my hair follicles looked clean, clogged, oily, flaky and irritated and I’ve been changing up what I do for my shampoo depending on what I see. I’ve always had an itchy scalp since being a kid and instead of fighting symptoms, I feel like I can see a root cause ( I.e my scalp is actually mor on the oily side rather than dry as I’ve always assumed).
It also helps with running the microscope through my hair, and actually visualizing the strands. I always knew I was high porosity but you can really tell on certain strands where my cuticles are a bit lifted. Just makes all the hair science I learn feel more real and decipher advice that’s well suited for my scalp/ hair

Attachments

• IMG_6579.jpeg
    IMG_6579.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 8
There’s a bunch of handheld microscopes that are really good at getting a picture of your ends/ scalp. I’ve posted in other threads about it, can’t recall if this was one of them.

I’ve been able to tell when my hair follicles looked clean, clogged, oily, flaky and irritated and I’ve been changing up what I do for my shampoo depending on what I see. I’ve always had an itchy scalp since being a kid and instead of fighting symptoms, I feel like I can see a root cause ( I.e my scalp is actually mor on the oily side rather than dry as I’ve always assumed).
It also helps with running the microscope through my hair, and actually visualizing the strands. I always knew I was high porosity but you can really tell on certain strands where my cuticles are a bit lifted. Just makes all the hair science I learn feel more real and decipher advice that’s well suited for my scalp/ hair
Thank you for the detailed response. Can you point me in the direction of the thread and post where you mentioned it? Or could you tell me which microscope you bought and from which site you ordered it, please?

Back