Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2024

What problem are you looking to resolve so you CAN have Luscious, Healthy Ends in 2024?

• Total voters
So far, my ends are in good shape. I have been wearing mini two strand twists, with the roots braided, for the past 10 days. I coat my hair with whipped Shea butter from root to end. I add my fenugreek oil mix to my scalp and hair and I spritz it with water daily.
Did you go back to fenugreek oil, or do you also use the other oil your daughter made along with the fenugreek? Are you covering your head and wearing protective styles or wraps?

Did you go back to fenugreek oil, or do you also use the other oil your daughter made along with the fenugreek? Are you covering your head and wearing protective styles or wraps?
I only use the fenugreek, rosemary and clove oil recipe that I shared here on the forum. I sleep in a satin scarf or bonnet at night. Because of shrinkage, my hair doesn't touch my collar yet, so I don't have to wrap it up or protect it in any way during the day.

OMG @Chicoro , what a GREAT update!! :love::love: I was cheesing so hard reading those posts, my cheeks started hurting! And of course, the funny gifs added to the pain, lol. How wonderful is that feeling to overcome an obstacle that has been holding you back for so long (wow, FOUR years!)?? I'm super happy for you! You were not gonna let up until you solved that puzzle. Awesome determination! Way to go!:bounceline: I can't wait to see your progress pix!

About my ends, I've gotten into a hair lazy mode so I'm just spritzing, rubbing in condish and sealing w oil. I've learned that while straight back cornrows are good for protecting my ends and giving me easy access to my scalp, I suffer too many tangles, and subsequently, knots when I go to take them down. So I changed up the pattern by braiding them in from my hairline to the middle of my head. So the actual rows are shorter and I end up with more of my hair plaited instead of rowed and that was a success! I am still able to bun my ends and have good access to my scalp. My hair prefers plaits to rows.

But I've stopped my scalp applications for now, though, and I'm sticking to a simple Amla and Bhringraj infused EVOO for my hair oil since I know those herbs are safe to use while pregnant. Exhaustion is real, so I've plaited my hair into small plaits, not my usual mini braids, so that I can look more presentable now I'm going out to the doctor's office regularly. The frizz and new growth look better with plaits than on weeks old cornrows, lol. I spritz those daily with my Hibiscus tea, slather on condish, use my oil to seal and then do one bantu knot bun on my hair. Your post inspired me to stay consistent with my bun baggying so I plan to do that during the day instead of overnight and then do my usual M&S routine that I just listed before bed. My next texlax is scheduled for next month, I only texlax in June and Dec and I plan to dust at each one. I only use heat once a year for my EOTY progress pix when I blow out and flat iron. I expect my ends to be pretty decent this year because they'll be protected in braids all year.

How are your ends coming along?

I had a trim at the beginning of this month, so my ends are fine for now. But until I stop this breakage, I’m going to be growing and cutting the same few inches forever.

I feel that incorporating overnight baggying has been helping. I’ve noticed less broken hair when I moisturize and seal every other night.

Tonight, I’m going to start a cycle of using K18 (a 6-treatment cycle). I’m a bit nervous because I thought this was the cause of my breakage last year. Now, I’m not so sure K18 was the culprit. I’m willing to experiment because I hope to have a good routine figured out by the end of the year.

I’m also going to consider these micro trims y’all have been raving about. Still deciding if I’ll do them monthly or bi-monthly. Leaning towards the latter.

After these 6 weeks of K18, I’ll alternate weekly between Olaplex 3 and Aphogee 2 Minute (or any other mild-medium treatments I have). I’ll also do an Aphogee 2 Step after each relaxer, so every 14-16 weeks.

Finally, I’ll add clear glosses and rinses back into my regular rotation. I was reminded while reading an old relaxed hair thread that clear rinses help with correcting the porosity of porous, chemically treated hair.

ETA: Not starting K18 tonight. I decided I want to relax my hair next weekend, so I’ll start after that.

Last edited:
OMG @Chicoro , what a GREAT update!! :love::love: I was cheesing so hard reading those posts, my cheeks started hurting! And of course, the funny gifs added to the pain, lol. How wonderful is that feeling to overcome an obstacle that has been holding you back for so long (wow, FOUR years!)?? I'm super happy for you! You were not gonna let up until you solved that puzzle. Awesome determination! Way to go!:bounceline: I can't wait to see your progress pix!

About my ends, I've gotten into a hair lazy mode so I'm just spritzing, rubbing in condish and sealing w oil. I've learned that while straight back cornrows are good for protecting my ends and giving me easy access to my scalp, I suffer too many tangles, and subsequently, knots when I go to take them down. So I changed up the pattern by braiding them in from my hairline to the middle of my head. So the actual rows are shorter and I end up with more of my hair plaited instead of rowed and that was a success! I am still able to bun my ends and have good access to my scalp. My hair prefers plaits to rows.

But I've stopped my scalp applications for now, though, and I'm sticking to a simple Amla and Bhringraj infused EVOO for my hair oil since I know those herbs are safe to use while pregnant. Exhaustion is real, so I've plaited my hair into small plaits, not my usual mini braids, so that I can look more presentable now I'm going out to the doctor's office regularly. The frizz and new growth look better with plaits than on weeks old cornrows, lol. I spritz those daily with my Hibiscus tea, slather on condish, use my oil to seal and then do one bantu knot bun on my hair. Your post inspired me to stay consistent with my bun baggying so I plan to do that during the day instead of overnight and then do my usual M&S routine that I just listed before bed. My next texlax is scheduled for next month, I only texlax in June and Dec and I plan to dust at each one. I only use heat once a year for my EOTY progress pix when I blow out and flat iron. I expect my ends to be pretty decent this year because they'll be protected in braids all year.
:babyb::babyg::baby2:

Congratulations!!!

Regarding your hair, those little tweaks and changes can make a huge difference. That is why documentation is King! Can you put up a picture of your plaiting change? I know you are super busy and tired…but if you can, that would be great!

I had a trim at the beginning of this month, so my ends are fine for now. But until I stop this breakage, I’m going to be growing and cutting the same few inches forever.

I feel that incorporating overnight baggying has been helping. I’ve noticed less broken hair when I moisturize and seal every other night.

Tonight, I’m going to start a cycle of using K18 (a 6-treatment cycle). I’m a bit nervous because I thought this was the cause of my breakage last year. Now, I’m not so sure K18 was the culprit. I’m willing to experiment because I hope to have a good routine figured out by the end of the year.

I’m also going to consider these micro trims y’all have been raving about. Still deciding if I’ll do them monthly or bi-monthly. Leaning towards the latter.

After these 6 weeks of K18, I’ll alternate weekly between Olaplex 3 and Aphogee 2 Minute (or any other mild-medium treatments I have). I’ll also do an Aphogee 2 Step after each relaxer, so every 14-16 weeks.

Finally, I’ll add clear glosses and rinses back into my regular rotation. I was reminded while reading an old relaxed hair thread that clear rinses help with correcting the porosity of porous, chemically treated hair.

ETA: Not starting K18 tonight. I decided I want to relax my hair next weekend, so I’ll start after that.
Those bonding products broke my hair. I used Olaplex 0 and 3.

You didn’t ask me, but I would be careful employing Olaplex, K18 and Aphogee 2 Step. Those products are powerful tools. If you suspect k18 might have broken you hair, but you are not sure, going forward would you consider using it on only one section of your hair , consistently, for a few months, like doing a test section for observation?

@MzSwift

This is probably my 3rd time that I've had a 3 to 4 year break cycle. Whenever I get to new, major length points, the requirements of my hair change. I didn't realize this hair length major drops and the search for what to do to make it thrive, was a PATTERN for my hair until recently.

The changes in requirements for my hair came at:
  • Shoulder to bra strap
  • Collarbone to shoulder (MAJOR CHANGE in Hair Requirements)
  • Bra strap to waist (MAJOR CHANGE in Hair Requirements)
  • waist to small of my back
  • Small of my back to tailbone (I designate tailbone as the part of my behind where the booty splits) (MAJOR CHANGE in Hair Requirements)

Almost every single major hair length my hair requirements changed. And I was stuck at the red colored spots for about 4 years each. I was stuck at all the lengths for at least 1 to 2 years if not more.

This is why I say hair is very complex.

Last edited:
Those bonding products broke my hair. I used Olaplex 0 and 3.

You didn’t ask me, but I would be careful employing Olaplex, K18 and Aphogee 2 Step. Those products are powerful tools. If you suspect k18 might have broken you hair, but you are not sure, going forward would you consider using it on only one section of your hair , consistently, for a few months, like doing a test section for observation?

Thank you, @Chicoro.

Olaplex and Aphogee 2 Step have been part of my routine for years now, so I know my hair can handle these. I am relaxed, and my hair requires strengthening treatments almost as often as moisture. I am wary of the K18, though, so I will consider doing a test section. However, I’m not sure I’d see much of a difference, good or bad, if I tried it that way. I’ll think about the K18 a while longer before deciding whether to bother with it again.

Thank you, @Chicoro.

Olaplex and Aphogee 2 Step have been part of my routine for years now, so I know my hair can handle these. I am relaxed, and my hair requires strengthening treatments almost as often as moisture. I am wary of the K18, though, so I will consider doing a test section. However, I’m not sure I’d see much of a difference, good or bad, if I tried it that way. I’ll think about the K18 a while longer before deciding whether to bother with it again.
You know your hair and your process very well. Those are key for success. Therefore, I know you will definitely identify the issue that causing your breakage. Thank you for the clarification and the detailed response. I appreciate them both.

@Theresamonet curious as to why you think the bond building was the culprit?I liked olaplex on my first use but didn’t really like k18 until maybe the 5th time and using it prior to a proper conditioning session but I can’t say it damaged my hair.
I would definitely agree that the aphogee 2 step with everything else seems like a lot and potentially damaging. I haven’t used the aphogee two step in probably a decade but I remember although it worked, breakage was harder to avoid with the sticky/ hardness/ dryness of the hair. added bonus to the general drying effect of a relaxer.

On another note, I very frustrated by the fact there aren’t more independent studies on how much these products protect the hair versus a standard process. There’s pretty good studies on silicone and basic conditioning agents but not nearly enough on protein products and bond building ones.
For example k18 makes pretty extreme claims that the hair is basically virgin especially after using the k18 mist and mask combo. I know that using the combination makes a noticeable improvement on the feel of my hair and it doesn’t look very damaged under a very weak microscope but it’s insane that a billion dollar industry doesn’t offer more concrete studies and stress testing under rigorous conditions. Like if the hair is truly virgin, use a relaxer on it using the k18 products. Nurse it back to health with their mask for a week, then dye it platinum also using the mist/mask again, taking pictures of the cuticle, testing tensile strength and hydration levels of the hair fiber throughout the week and process. No one in their right mind would do this to their hair unless they were willing to rock a fade but that’s what stress testing is about, pushing the limits.

:babyb::babyg::baby2:

Congratulations!!!

Regarding your hair, those little tweaks and changes can make a huge difference. That is why documentation is King! Can you put up a picture of your plaiting change? I know you are super busy and tired…but if you can, that would be great!

Thank you! :kiss:

Yes, absolutely! I feel like we're here to share bc we never know who's lurking and might need this help. :)

First, let me say that I'm not a professional and I didn't learn how to cornrow until I was 30, so my braids are usually pretty janky. lol But they work for PSing.

Aside from mini braids/twists, my go-to PS has been straight back cornrows. If I wear them uncovered, it's usually in a bun with a headband like this:
1716821797480.png 1716821823803.png 1716826694762.png

Usually that works fine for me. But most of the hair is cornrowed into the pattern. So often at takedown, I end up tangling my ends and sometimes knotting them as I'm pulling the hair out of the crisscross cornrow pattern.

But I tried this pattern before and again just recently. I had better results at take down bc less of the hair is actually cornrowed. I typically just do a large french braid and tuck the tail under but I can also pull them into a bun for PSing.

1716825349559.png 1716826528922.png 1716825714598.png

1716825492841.png

Thank you! :kiss:

Yes, absolutely! I feel like we're here to share bc we never know who's lurking and might need this help. :)

First, let me say that I'm not a professional and I didn't learn how to cornrow until I was 30, so my braids are usually pretty janky. lol But they work for PSing.

Aside from mini braids/twists, my go-to PS has been straight back cornrows. If I wear them uncovered, it's usually in a bun with a headband like this:
View attachment 496509 View attachment 496511 View attachment 496525

Usually that works fine for me. But most of the hair is cornrowed into the pattern. So often at takedown, I end up tangling my ends and sometimes knotting them as I'm pulling the hair out of the crisscross cornrow pattern.

But I tried this pattern before and again just recently. I had better results at take down bc less of the hair is actually cornrowed. I typically just do a large french braid and tuck the tail under but I can also pull them into a bun for PSing.

View attachment 496513 View attachment 496523 View attachment 496521

View attachment 496519
Oooh, thank you!!!!!!! These look good. So there is a common part down the middle of your head, from crown to nape and the braids start by the ear and the hairline and are braided inward to that common part line in the middle?

Oooh, thank you!!!!!!! These look good. So there is a common part down the middle of your head, from crown to nape and the braids start by the ear and the hairline and are braided inward to that common part line in the middle?

That would probably be the wisest way to do it! LOL :lachen:

I actually start in the back and do the parts horizontally each row and then just break them up into two sides. Once I get just above my ears, I do those singularly going toward my crown. So there's usually no real part down the middle. The big french braid of the tails kinda hides that fact. LOL

That would probably be the wisest way to do it! LOL :lachen:

I actually start in the back and do the parts horizontally each row and then just break them up into two sides. Once I get just above my ears, I do those singularly going toward my crown. So there's usually no real part down the middle. The big french braid of the tails kinda hides that fact. LOL
Still not clear, but that's okay!

@Theresamonet curious as to why you think the bond building was the culprit?I liked olaplex on my first use but didn’t really like k18 until maybe the 5th time and using it prior to a proper conditioning session but I can’t say it damaged my hair.
I would definitely agree that the aphogee 2 step with everything else seems like a lot and potentially damaging. I haven’t used the aphogee two step in probably a decade but I remember although it worked, breakage was harder to avoid with the sticky/ hardness/ dryness of the hair. added bonus to the general drying effect of a relaxer.

On another note, I very frustrated by the fact there aren’t more independent studies on how much these products protect the hair versus a standard process. There’s pretty good studies on silicone and basic conditioning agents but not nearly enough on protein products and bond building ones.
For example k18 makes pretty extreme claims that the hair is basically virgin especially after using the k18 mist and mask combo. I know that using the combination makes a noticeable improvement on the feel of my hair and it doesn’t look very damaged under a very weak microscope but it’s insane that a billion dollar industry doesn’t offer more concrete studies and stress testing under rigorous conditions. Like if the hair is truly virgin, use a relaxer on it using the k18 products. Nurse it back to health with their mask for a week, then dye it platinum also using the mist/mask again, taking pictures of the cuticle, testing tensile strength and hydration levels of the hair fiber throughout the week and process. No one in their right mind would do this to their hair unless they were willing to rock a fade but that’s what stress testing is about, pushing the limits.

I don’t have a general issue with bonding treatments, but I felt I was experiencing breakage after using K18. It wasn't a setback level of breakage, but more than I was seeing before. I expected it to stop breakage, not increase it. Now, I’m thinking that the issue may not have been the K18 itself but that I needed more moisture in conjunction with it. When I did my first two treatments, I followed the directions and didn’t use a conditioner afterward. That may have been the biggest issue. But I won’t know unless I try it again.

My larger hesitation with K18 is that, as you’ve stated, the company makes some very big claims, yet I’m not finding much evidence that it lives up to those claims. I’m not seeing a lot of rave reviews from people claiming it restored their hair. That makes me feel that maybe the reward isn’t worth the risk.

Regarding the Aphogee 2 Step: This product has been part of my hair care routine for over a decade. I’ve used it while both relaxed and natural. In between 2 Step treatments, I’ve used other milder strengthening treatments without issue. If I use K18 once a week for 4-6 weeks in June-July, then relax my hair in October and do a 2 Step the following week, those K18 treatments I did in June don’t have anything to do with the Aphogee treatment I do in October. Strengthening/reparative treatments aren’t permanent, and the mileage you get out of them is even shorter when you are chemically treated. I also don’t do anything blindly. If I assess my hair and determine that a protein treatment isn’t needed, then I won’t do it.

My ends are doing well, and I’m going to start baggying more regularly. I just can’t get my scarf to stay on my head at night.

Ladies, convince me to start deep conditioning regularly again. I’ve gone without it for two months, and can’t say I see a major major difference.

The shea butter though is making my braid outs super defined. And it’s actually keeping my braid outs semi decent (only wear my hair out in the last 3 days of a wash cycle). Shampooing every two weeks has been working really well, especially since I’m using heavy butters regularly.

I’m going to start taking more progress pictures.

So, I'm just catching up on these wonderful posts. The posts on bunning caught my attention as it's something I'm never sure that I'm doing right. I use invisibobbles, which have a lot of give. When I create my bun, I usually gather up my twists and create one giant bantu knot -- roll all of the twists together then wrap it into a spiral -- then secure it with the invisibobble.

If my hair is damp enough, I can sometimes get my hair to stay on its own. The only problem is that I'm not sure if damp bunning on my hair is a problem.

It's harder for me to see any issues because I don't ever straighten my hair. Maybe once in a while using African threading, but it doesn't get straight enough to actually see what my ends look like. I'm hoping to get a RevAir at the end of the year and then maybe I can better assess what my ends and hemline look like.

I also missed my lunar trim session last week, so I'll wait until next month for my next micro trim.

How did I fall so hard. I'm embarrassed but will post anyway. Frankly, I'm shocked. Whoever was talking about not evaluating the hair sounds like what I was doing. To give more detail, hormonal changes have affected the growth etc and I'm relearning my hair. Most of the recent improvement has been at the roots and my hair started growing again with scalp massage. I plan to trim in June so no change in the ends right now. IMG_4285.jpeg

My ends are doing well, and I’m going to start baggying more regularly. I just can’t get my scarf to stay on my head at night.

Ladies, convince me to start deep conditioning regularly again. I’ve gone without it for two months, and can’t say I see a major major difference.

The shea butter though is making my braid outs super defined. And it’s actually keeping my braid outs semi decent (only wear my hair out in the last 3 days of a wash cycle). Shampooing every two weeks has been working really well, especially since I’m using heavy butters regularly.

I’m going to start taking more progress pictures.

To make my scarf stay on, I first put a plastic shower cap on. Then, I take a knee-hi, and put that around the head from hairline to nape, kind of like a headband you see on babies with no hair. Then, I put my scarf over that. I learned it from @southern Tease on this site. My scarf stays on my head about 80% of the time. Sometimes it is pulled back and sometimes it is pulled off. The caveat is that the hair will be ultra moist and maybe even 'wet' if you put water in your hair.

The benefits of deep conditioning or consequences of lack of it do not show up right away. They may come later on down the road. It prepares the hair and can keep it protected, especially helping to retain those cuticle layers, over time.

Shea butter is fabulous for so many heads of hair. Congratulations on getting a nice braid out!

So, I'm just catching up on these wonderful posts. The posts on bunning caught my attention as it's something I'm never sure that I'm doing right. I use invisibobbles, which have a lot of give. When I create my bun, I usually gather up my twists and create one giant bantu knot -- roll all of the twists together then wrap it into a spiral -- then secure it with the invisibobble.

If my hair is damp enough, I can sometimes get my hair to stay on its own. The only problem is that I'm not sure if damp bunning on my hair is a problem.

It's harder for me to see any issues because I don't ever straighten my hair. Maybe once in a while using African threading, but it doesn't get straight enough to actually see what my ends look like. I'm hoping to get a RevAir at the end of the year and then maybe I can better assess what my ends and hemline look like.

I also missed my lunar trim session last week, so I'll wait until next month for my next micro trim.
Ooo...a RevAir! Your ends will be healthy for sure. Hemlines tend to be even from straight hair trims, but not necessary for hair that is worn natural and of course you know all that. I am looking forward to whatever you want to show us!

How did I fall so hard. I'm embarrassed but will post anyway. Frankly, I'm shocked. Whoever was talking about not evaluating the hair sounds like what I was doing. To give more detail, hormonal changes have affected the growth etc and I'm relearning my hair. Most of the recent improvement has been at the roots and my hair started growing again with scalp massage. I plan to trim in June so no change in the ends right now. View attachment 496573
Your hair is thick and full at the roots. Hair is always changing and sometimes you can do everything 'right' and the hair turns left when you turn right. I don't see any knots or splits in this section of hair. It looks pretty good to me. Keep nurturing the roots of your hair as they continue to thicken and grow. You can't control what your hormones do. Besides, hair is a beacon to let us know that a change or changes are afoot. Thus, it's our early warning system and our detection system. For me, your hair is a blessing as it communicating with you and giving you information and guidance. This is a great thread to relearn your hair. You and your hair are right on time!

Your hair is thick and full at the roots. Hair is always changing and sometimes you can do everything 'right' and the hair turns left when you turn right. I don't see any knots or splits in this section of hair. It looks pretty good to me. Keep nurturing the roots of your hair as they continue to thicken and grow. You can't control what your hormones do. Besides, hair is a beacon to let us know that a change or changes are afoot. Thus, it's our early warning system and our detection system. For me, your hair is a blessing as it communicating with you and giving you information and guidance. This is a great thread to relearn your hair. You and your hair are right on time!

This 100%

I had hormonal issues too and for me, even though my hair suffered, I realized that fixing the cause was far more important than thinning ends. The good thing is that you've noticed, you've taken note, you know what works and doesn't work for your hair, and you can move forward from here. You don't even have to do a big chop, you can cut an inch or two here and there until you get the thicker ends that you desire.

This 100%

I had hormonal issues too and for me, even though my hair suffered, I realized that fixing the cause was far more important than thinning ends. The good thing is that you've noticed, you've taken note, you know what works and doesn't work for your hair, and you can move forward from here. You don't even have to do a big chop, you can cut an inch or two here and there until you get the thicker ends that you desire.
tagging this lovely comment for @Carrie A

How did I fall so hard. I'm embarrassed but will post anyway. Frankly, I'm shocked. Whoever was talking about not evaluating the hair sounds like what I was doing. To give more detail, hormonal changes have affected the growth etc and I'm relearning my hair. Most of the recent improvement has been at the roots and my hair started growing again with scalp massage. I plan to trim in June so no change in the ends right now.

((BIG HUG))

Have you gotten a grasp on what the hormonal changes are? Are you able to rebalance or is there a treatment you're pursuing?

I'm jumping on the bandwagon, your ends don't look horrible to me either! I also don't see any knots or splits - your hair looks well taken care of. But I'm also a person who appreciates non-blunt ends. To me, it looks like how textured hair normally looks when someone does a pull test.

What do your ends normally look like? How did you typically maintain them to get the look you wanted?

((BIG HUG))

Have you gotten a grasp on what the hormonal changes are? Are you able to rebalance or is there a treatment you're pursuing?

I'm jumping on the bandwagon, your ends don't look horrible to me either! I also don't see any knots or splits - your hair looks well taken care of. But I'm also a person who appreciates non-blunt ends. To me, it looks like how textured hair normally looks when someone does a pull test.

What do your ends normally look like? How did you typically maintain them to get the look you wanted?
Menopause in general. I'm not on any hormone replacement and it's been a rollercoaster. I'm not sure what approach to take. I'm just starting by overhauling my diet in general. I feel that breakage causes my ends to be much thinner than the roots. I'd like the density of my ends to be fuller. I do have an issue with single strand knots and also shedding. Honestly, the last two years has been a blur so I have no idea what I was doing with my hair. I've been keeping my hair in a bun with bobby pins- so I don't have a style really. No special attention or treating the hair like fine silk as the ladies here would say. Just wash and conditioning. I'd like to be more stylish with my hair but I've been bunning since high school and it's a hard habit to break. Now I'm refocused on breakage prevention and oiling my ends. Thanks for the advice and encouragement ladies!

Menopause in general. I'm not on any hormone replacement and it's been a rollercoaster. I'm not sure what approach to take. I'm just starting by overhauling my diet in general. I feel that breakage causes my ends to be much thinner than the roots. I'd like the density of my ends to be fuller. I do have an issue with single strand knots and also shedding. Honestly, the last two years has been a blur so I have no idea what I was doing with my hair. I've been keeping my hair in a bun with bobby pins- so I don't have a style really. No special attention or treating the hair like fine silk as the ladies here would say. Just wash and conditioning. I'd like to be more stylish with my hair but I've been bunning since high school and it's a hard habit to break. Now I'm refocused on breakage prevention and oiling my ends. Thanks for the advice and encouragement ladies!
@GettingKinky is our resident expert in the making on how to wear loose buns without breakage. She is meticulous in her process and maybe you might want to chat with her in this thread. @Napp has mastered slick buns that contribute to healthy length retention. You sound like you have ideas about the source of your breakage. That's important and key to know. If the roots are thick and full, that's a healthy head coming through. You are eliminating one of your issues, which was a bit of hair neglect. Now, you are giving you and your hair your full attention. Things are already turning around for you. Just hang on in there and continue. It will work out. @newgrowth15 has an incredible hair oil that she gave us the recipe for, also in this thread. You might want to check the thread for that and tap into her. All the ladies in the thread and in this post are generous and helpful. All you have to do is ask!

Back