Low Porosity Natural Shampoo?

BeautifulRoots

Hello, I'm a low porosity natural looking for an all natural shampoo. I've recently tried castile soap but it didn't work well for me. Right now I'm using ORS Aloe shampoo which is amazing, but not natural. Any low porosity naturals find a good all natural shampoo?

Last edited:
Jason tea tree shampoo. Idk if its natural but its from whole foods so I assume so. It made my hair fel great and kept my scalp happy. But its slightly pricey for shampoo imo they raised it to like 13$ and the bottle has gotten smaller.
What didnt you like about castile soap?

Thanks for the reply, ill have to check that one out. As far as the castile soap, I used it a few times and it left my hair dull and frizzy. I even did a rinse after to help balance the ph and had the same result. So I figured it just wasnt for me.

Last edited:
I like Karen's Body Beautiful conditioning shampoo; it's available at my local Target now, but I'm not sure whether that's the case everywhere.

I also like using Nubian Heritage Honey & Black Seed soap as a shampoo bar. My only issue with it is that I find a liquid shampoo more convenient. If that doesn't phase you, though, it's far cheaper than KBB (~$3 a bar), available at Wal-Mart and the BSS (at least near me), and lasts forever.

Last edited:
Shea Moisture Curl and Shine shampoo is great. I have low porosity natural hair and it leaves it nice and soft with no stripped feeling. Plus it's all natural.

I like 4Naturals Extra Moist Detangling Shampoo if you can find it. Otherwise I use Terresentials Lemon Mudwash or As I Am Cleansing Pudding. All of those cleanse my hair without stripping it and causing excess shrinkage.

Maybe I should try these out.... I am using Blousy from LUSH (its sulfate, paraben and silicone free)and am almost out (lets not talk about how i knocked the jar over and half of it went down the drain.....)...its $25 bucks though. The only thing my hair seems to like, might try these though.

nadaa16, I am so glad you mentioned Jason. I have their aloe vera conditioner and its wonderful. Maybe my hair will like the shampoo too.

Back