Loving MSM

katie

Because of MSM my hair is soo much more manageable that I feel brave enough to stretch my touchup to 3 months instead of the usual 6-8 weeks.I am at week 5 and have tons of new growth.
I have 4b hair and never in a million years would I have considered waiting 3 months.Wish me luck everyone!
Has anyone ever stretched out their touchup after taking MSM?Did it work out?Or did you end up having to trim too much due to breakage from the 2 textures?
Thanks in advance

I started seeing extra growth after being on MSM for about 10 days.But the manageable roots only started about 1 week ago.

Well that is great! I hope I can start to experiencing the same thing.
drunk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
I am taking Kaire MSM.It is pill form.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, thanks for this rec katie. I purchased the kaire MSM and have been noticing more growth and softer growth too. I am exactly nine weeks post relaxer. I stretched my last relaxer to 16 weeks; my sylist said
naughty.gif
and told me to come back after 12 weeks. That was before I started taking the kaire MSM.

At this rate, I don't think that I will need a relaxer in three weeks. I am playing this one by ear...

Chichi
bdance.gif

Hey Katie. Im glad the MSM is working out for you. I ususally touch up at the 6 week mark also. I am hoping that with the MSM I can go 7 weeks this time and eventually stretch it to 9-10. I don't know about the breakage though. A lot of ladies on this board have successfully stretched their touchups and I don't recall any complaints about breakage though.

Does anybody notice softer skin? I am experiencing this nice side effect as well.

perfect peace
Rose.gif

brittanynic16,I dont get any itching from using MSM

Chichi,it is nice to hear that you are getting good results from the kaire MSM.How long have you been using it?

katie, I have been using it for just two and a half weeks and already notice a difference. It seems that I am growing out my trim already.

Chichi
bdance.gif

I am taking an MSM complex and the bottle doesnt say how much MSM there is.I just follow the instructions and take 2 capsules twice a day.

Thanks Katie. It seems unusual that it doesn't say how much MSM is in a dose, but I'm glad it works so well for you.

Thanks for the link. I've been taking the GNC brand, but I think I'll try this one when my bottle runs out.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
brittanynic16 said:
Do you take Vitamin C with your MSM? I hear it is need to see results.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since it is an MSM complex it contains Vitamin C already.The other ingredients are maltodextrin,citrus bioflavonoids,pyridoxine HCL,folic acid and cyanocobalamin

I see that you have "citrus bioflavonoids" in your MSM - I've learned somewhere that bioflavonoids is important to have in your vitamin C.

For Katie or anyone that's taking Kaire MSM, are you still taking it, and if so how much new growth are you getting monthly and is your new growth still coming out softer. Just starting taking a week ago and was wondering on everyones progress. Thanks.

It took me 2 weeks to see a big difference in my texture. My hair also had this sheen and it was so soft that I didn't know if I should get a touch up.

Back