love-hate relationship with hair

Glamorous_chic

i'm realizing i have a love-hate relationship with my hair. somedays, i love it, and others i literally hate it. lolol :lachen:how sad is that? it's temperamental too. somedays i just want to cut it off and start from scratch, but would never do anything that drastic. :drunk: but right now, i really just am tired of it, and just want to put it in braids. but then i know after a few weeks, i'll miss it, take the braids out, and wonder why did i ever hate it in the first place and then the cycle continues. :grin: anyone else ever feel like this??

i'm realizing i have a love-hate relationship with my hair. somedays, i love it, and others i literally hate it. lolol :lachen:how sad is that? it's temperamental too. somedays i just want to cut it off and start from scratch, but would never do anything that drastic. :drunk: but right now, i really just am tired of it, and just want to put it in braids. but then i know after a few weeks, i'll miss it, take the braids out, and wonder why did i ever hate it in the first place and then the cycle continues. :grin: anyone else ever feel like this??

I feel exactly the same. It drives me nuts then I put it in braids vowing not to touch it, then miss it, flat iron it, then miss my kinks... Its in braids most of the time now but we "meet up" once a week for wash day. We like the long-distance relationship :grin:.

OMG! I was just going to post this. My hair is sooo COARSE! I am battling the 7 week new growth and losing. I swear I wanna take the clippers to my head :angry2:

What do you do with ultra coarse, barbed wired, new growth????!!!!

I was really close to cuttin all of my hair off yesterday. I was so feed up with it. it took me like 4 hrs to wash it and get the tangles out.

my new growth isn't too bad, it's usually pretty soft and wavy, but somedays i really don't know what's wrong with it, like nothing i do helps and it just looks a mess. sort of like a crying baby, after you've held them, fed them, changed their diaper, burped them, nothing u do makes them stop crying. then suddenly, they start laughing. lolol. i can't believe i just compared my hair to a baby. hahaha. but i have an event to attend next week, and thats really the only thing keeping me from visiting my local braid shop right now. but after next week, its on.

I just wish I was not so lazy about trying new things. I am natural and do not have a hard time with tangles and such. My hair is really healthy overall. I look at the pics of the lovely haired ladies on the board, and often times wish I would take the time with my own hair, but oh well, reality is, I am too lazy. I work at night and sleep all day, the only people to see my hair are my patients and thats for a little while, I lack incentive as well. My husband is usually out of town, so my hair for his pleasure does not work either.
Seems like I would fix my hair for church, but by the time I get done washing hair on Saturday, me and my daughter, I am too pooped. I may attempt wash N go styles since the weather is getting hot, but I can't do that too much, don't want tangling issues, I hate dealing with that. Plain Jane is easy to do. Basically, bunned for life.

I'm in a hate relationship with my hair...although its healthy and is at its healthiest in years.

Coming on here looking at pretty hair all day is giving me some issues

So funny my ds and I have been arguing all week cause I want to cut all off and start brand new he says if I do I can never come to his school again and if I do he will not claim me as his mom. I love my hair but it is so frustrating that I cannot get it to do what i want most of the time. I could probably get the curl definition I want if I texlaxed however outside of color I have been natural for the last 6 years and I am so proud of that I would hate to undo it all:crying3:. I am tired of fighting with it :wallbash:

me :arguing:my hair

I'm the same! Yesterday I was totally lovin' my hair. It was cooperating, and I got to wear it down. Today, it is the exact opposite!

Back