L'Oreal Steampod: yay or nay

grow

L'Oreal Steampod: yay or nay?Share your best flat iron experience?

Hi ladies, I was just reading up on this new steampod L'Oreal has invented to straighten hair and would like to know your ideas.
Does it really help to retain moisture while giving silky smooth, straight hair?

Please share your hair's condition.... if you're natural, texlaxed, transitioning, permed/chemically treated, etc.

Even if you have experience with other types of flat irons, steam or no steam, it's all welcome! :grin:

What's the best flat iron you've ever used, (and least damaging), and why?

Thanks ladies!

Last edited:
It reminds me of the maxiglide. If I regularly flat ironed I would pick one up. I think you would have to pick up a converter since it's a UK product. I don't like using converters with certain products.

^^^ok, I loved the videos and it does seem like it's good for straightening! .....but...

ARE THERE ANY RELAXED HEADS WHO USE THIS OR KNOW OF ANY GOOD FLAT IRONS TO RECCOMEND?

I don't think I'm the only one on lhcf who flat irons (am I), so please do not be shy and chime in ladies!

(Especially if you flat iron permed hair...)

Thanks!

Okay, probably sound like a massive wierdo now but i've gone through the steampod hastag on instagram and spoken to a girl with 4bish hair and she said she loves it, and i'm loving the results.

I've found it for £112 in pink, its ugly but cheaper :)
I think I'm going to buy it and flat iron with it next friday!

On lookfantastic the iron, and both the hair products recommended with it is a total of £129, in comparison the black iron on its own is £125.

15% off with LOOKNOVVC

So i'm going to pay £126 for the flat iron and both products.
Both products are meant to be £17 each so what a bargin!

Plus if I don't like it have 14 days to return it :)

Last edited:
The conair steam flat iron is awesome and you can most likely get the same results for a fraction of the cost.

I really appreciate your suggestion HeavenlySkies but I've searched all over europe and it seems like it isn't sold in this market.

Does anyone know of something equilvalent which can be found in europe?

Thanks ladies!

Back