Loreal Everstrong "Bio-Ceramide Complex"

theEclectanista

Hello,

I was just browsing at a few BSS sites to see what type of products had ceramides in them that I could buy in the store and not order online.

I noticed Loreal's everstrong line claims to have a "bio ceramide complex" has anyone tried any of their products?

I've only tried the Overnight Repair Treatment. I've had it for almost a month now. At first I would only use it the night before I washed my hair and I couldn't really tell if it made a difference with my hair. Last week I started applying it to my hair every night in place of my usual moisturizer and it's definitely a keeper! I've had less breakage and my strands feel thicker and stronger.

The only con I have for this product is it's smell. It smells fine straight out the tube, but once you put it on your hair the smell turns musty... It's gone by morning though.

I want to try the other products in this line, but I'll have to wait until after I finish some of the shampoos/conditioners I already own.

The reconstructing shampoo is very moisturizing, I like the reconstructor, and the overnight repair. Only drawback is the overnight repair container is very small. I never noticed a musty smell with it.

I was just looking into this as well. Was thinking of using it as a nightly moisturizer and then sealing with a ceramide oil (sunflower). What is the consistency of the product?

I really like the reconstructing line the first few times I've used it, but I have been consistent with it. The shampoo is not drying and sulfate free, but it lathers and cleans like a sulfate poo ( I love it!:grin:)

I've only tried the Overnight Repair Treatment. I've had it for almost a month now. At first I would only use it the night before I washed my hair and I couldn't really tell if it made a difference with my hair. Last week I started applying it to my hair every night in place of my usual moisturizer and it's definitely a keeper! I've had less breakage and my strands feel thicker and stronger.

The only con I have for this product is it's smell. It smells fine straight out the tube, but once you put it on your hair the smell turns musty... It's gone by morning though.

I want to try the other products in this line, but I'll have to wait until after I finish some of the shampoos/conditioners I already own.

Thanks for the review! I was wondering about the overnight repair, I'm gonna try it

I have read great thinks about the ceremide products so I will have to get my sister to hook me up and I cant find this in the uk.

I use the everstrong hydrating shampoo, conditioner, and the overnight repair. My hair was soft and manageable for three days. It didn't leave any build up on my scalp, either. Although I am not a big fan on the scent, I'm not a big rosemary person.

Been using it nightly for 7 days. I like it! It's got cones and glycerine, two products I normally avoid. But because its the rainy season here I think the glycerine is pulling the moisture into my hair. I'm not getting the gummy/sticky hair feeling I got with other glycerin products. A little goes a long way. Gonna stick with it for now.

I cannot identify the ceramide ingredient. I figured since the advertising says "Bio-Ceramide" it would be some kind of natural ingredient, but most of the ingredient list seems 'chemical'. Peep...

Aqua (Water) , Glycerin , Amodimethicone , Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate , Cetearyl Alcohol , Trideceth-5 , Polyquaternium-37 , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate (Dicaprate) , Steareth-20 , Trideceth-10 , Parfum (Fragrance) , PPG-1 Trideceth-6 , Tocopherol , Benzyl Benzoate , Chlorhexidine Digluconate , Benzyl Alcohol , 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol , Linalool , Hexyl Cinnamal , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Coumarin , Limonene , Sodium Hydroxide , Citric Acid

Ceramides seem to be making a difference for me. My hair is less dry and more supple. I bought grape seed oil and safflower oil which have the highest in ceramide content (safflower is highest and grape seed next.) I add it to my hair dressing and conditioners I already have.

Ceramides seem to be making a difference for me. My hair is less dry and more supple. I bought grape seed oil and safflower oil which have the highest in ceramide content (safflower is highest and grape seed next.) I add it to my hair dressing and conditioners I already have.

Are you getting that information from the Ceramides Challenge thread? I know there was a chart posted there that listed supposed ceramide percentages. But it turned out to be false info. Check post number 734 and read down from there. Turns out that almond oil has the highest levels of ceramide.

Back