looking for an arranged marriage

chocolatethai

hi ladies! ok so i was watching mtv's true life: i'm having an arranged marriage and a light bulb went off in my head since i so hopeless at running my own life maybe i would have better luck if someone else was in charge of my life insted:grin:. so i decieded to ask u ladies to find me a husband (in between conditioner washing, rollersetting and deep conditioning of course-i realize whats important:giggle: )so here it goes if any of you ladies would like to dictate my future; i enjoy tall large men who are going somewhere in life and will tolerate my shenanigans:lachen:. you can tell possible candidates that i am very sweet, good and kind(sometimes kinder than i should be :sad:)can clean and cook (my curry chiken is off the chain!) and am very cute- i dont have a digital camera to prove my cuteness but trust i am sexalicious:love2: (and i WILL achieve bsl by dec. 2009)also i am EXTREAMLY carribean it would help if possible future husband lived in or around buffalo Ny since that is where i attend college :drunk: wow writing this has eased some of my frustrations! hope you had a good laugh ladies!

hi ladies! ok so i was watching mtv's true life: i'm having an arranged marriage and a light bulb went off in my head since i so hopeless at running my own life maybe i would have better luck if someone else was in charge of my life insted:grin:. so i decieded to ask u ladies to find me a husband (in between conditioner washing, rollersetting and deep conditioning of course-i realize whats important:giggle: )so here it goes if any of you ladies would like to dictate my future; i enjoy tall large men who are going somewhere in life and will tolerate my shenanigans:lachen:. you can tell possible candidates that i am very sweet, good and kind(sometimes kinder than i should be :sad:)can clean and cook (my curry chiken is off the chain!) and am very cute- i dont have a digital camera to prove my cuteness but trust i am sexalicious:love2: (and i WILL achieve bsl by dec. 2009)also i am EXTREAMLY carribean it would help if possible future husband lived in or around buffalo Ny since that is where i attend college :drunk: wow writing this has eased some of my frustrations! hope you had a good laugh ladies!
are you a member of islandmix.com?

No, not laughing at all. You gotta do what you gotta do. I know someone who has an arranged marriage. He told me his parents arranged it; two physician children {he and his wife are also physicians} 30 years later they are still together and he says still happy. He says at first he balked but agreed to meet her..didn't take to her but learned to love, cherish and appreciate her. Chocolate...you just never know.

I saw that episode of True Life and was very impressed with it. I really dig how commited to building families those cultures are. I wish Black Americans were more like that.

I met a guy last year who was on this same page. Saying that he wasn't trying to play games and was straight up looking for a wife. He scared me off but now I wish I had taken him more seriously.

i would be so down if someone wanted to arrange a potential union for me.

Would you, really? :) Would you be willing to meet someone, see if things click and get engaged right away?

I don't know if I would be willing to go *quite* that fast but I'm still all for arranged marriages.:yep:

Would you, really? :) Would you be willing to meet someone, see if things click and get engaged right away?

I don't know if I would be willing to go *quite* that fast but I'm still all for arranged marriages.:yep:

yes...i would be down...im an israelite so its already apart of my culture....the getting engaged right away part doesnt apply with us..both parties have time to think things through, and if one feels ackward..they have a right to voice their opinions and either stay or move on. I was picked for a man about two years ago.....it was understood that we were going to get married once we were both done school, but i saw a very bad side of him that i hated, so i terminated everything.

I think it's a great idea, too. Statistically, arranged marriages last longer than those made out of love. At the very least bring the man around your friends and family to see if they approve.

yes...i would be down...im an israelite so its already apart of my culture....the getting engaged right away part doesnt apply with us..both parties have time to think things through, and if one feels ackward..they have a right to voice their opinions and either stay or move on. I was picked for a man about two years ago.....it was understood that we were going to get married once we were both done school, but i saw a very bad side of him that i hated, so i terminated everything.

I think this is cool :yep:. When it's forced or both sides feel this heavy burden to only go with an arranged marriage then I have a problem, otherwise it's all good.

To the OP, your post is funny! Have you tried getting your parents or older relatives to hook you up? Older ppl tend to be best at that stuff cuz' they know what to look for and how personalities mesh together.

I honestly think this is a great idea. We have this in our culture and it works out quiet well for the most part. Arranged doesn't mean forced, it just means arranged lol. If you're serious about persuing this I think the best way to go about it is to get your family and friends involved... trust me people will always be eager to help. And if things go wrong later (hopefully they won't) you can blame them for introducing you!

I think this is cool :yep:. When it's forced or both sides feel this heavy burden to only go with an arranged marriage then I have a problem, otherwise it's all good.

To the OP, your post is funny! Have you tried getting your parents or older relatives to hook you up? Older ppl tend to be best at that stuff cuz' they know what to look for and how personalities mesh together.

my family is just me and 2 brothers and 1 sister and we all around the same age-they are definitely slacking cuz i told my sister to find me a husband 2 weeks ago and still nothing:wallbash: maybe she would be more motivated if i bribed her with hair products:lachen:

Back